BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      11-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1215
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, F02
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Tire Fitment Question

Guys,

Will a 305 fit on a 10.5 x 20 inch M343 wheel, and if so would it be a comfortable fit on a Coupe ?
Thanks in Advance.
Craig
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // SA Pkg - Daughterís
2013 750Li LCI xDrive Dark Graphite Metallic / Black Napa // M Sport & Exec. Pkgs - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
Kkgy79
Private
8
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 m5
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Guys,

Will a 305 fit on a 10.5 x 20 inch M343 wheel, and if so would it be a comfortable fit on a Coupe ?
Thanks in Advance.
Craig
Yes. Ps4s fits perfectly I dont know about other brands tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
521
Rep
1,539
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

A lot of people have done it here including me. No complaints at all!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #4
TomM6
Private
TomM6's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: F12 M6 individual
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Would you keep 265 in the front? Can someone that did the change to 305 comment on the driving feel and the cornering? Less understeer?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #5
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
521
Rep
1,539
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM6 View Post
Would you keep 265 in the front? Can someone that did the change to 305 comment on the driving feel and the cornering? Less understeer?
Thanks
I haven't changed from 265 at the front yet. I think that it is realistic to say that at just about any speed you can make the car oversteer if you're on the throttle and that typically the car will understeer if you're using the throttle to keep the car at a steady speed but winding more lock on. I've had understeer mostly when off the throttle completely but sometimes the rear will skip a bit if you're off the throttle and cornering or hitting a bump.

It also may be a bit different for you in an F12 as you've got about 200lbs extra weight at the rear compared to my car.
__________________
SCOTT26 "So as an admirer of the M5 and a potential customer of an M5 Touring. I would run naked around the streets of Garching if they were to offer one."
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #6
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1215
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, F02
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkgy79 View Post
Yes. Ps4s fits perfectly I dont know about other brands tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
A lot of people have done it here including me. No complaints at all!
Thanks Guys.
My M6 is being prepped for me now. I will have it next weekish depending on the weather up here. Wonít be driving it till the season and the salt goes away. Just gathering info for later. Iím considering getting the widest tire I reasonably can with the best grip (likely the PS4). My Porsche 928 S4 was rear wheel drive with a 40% LSD, but it did have weight over the rear axle as thatís where the transmission was located. A marvelously balanced, and handling car. 560 HP transmitted from the rear with no weight is something Iím going to have to adjust to.
I am really looking forward to it.
Thanks again,
Craig
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // SA Pkg - Daughterís
2013 750Li LCI xDrive Dark Graphite Metallic / Black Napa // M Sport & Exec. Pkgs - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 05:57 PM   #7
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
521
Rep
1,539
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Thanks Guys.
My M6 is being prepped for me now. I will have it next weekish depending on the weather up here. Wonít be driving it till the season and the salt goes away. Just gathering info for later. Iím considering getting the widest tire I reasonably can with the best grip (likely the PS4). My Porsche 928 S4 was rear wheel drive with a 40% LSD, but it did have weight over the rear axle as thatís where the transmission was located. A marvelously balanced, and handling car. 560 HP transmitted from the rear with no weight is something Iím going to have to adjust to.
I am really looking forward to it.
Thanks again,
Craig
There isn't actually much difference in the weight distribution, the M6 Coupe and Gran Coupe are about 52% front, the Vert is about 49%. A quick bit of googling seems to show the 928 has 51% front stock.

My car is a 600ps comp pack and in 2nd gear on a smooth road I get grip just fine with the 305/30r20 PS4S tyres.

For 1st, if I smash the throttle off the line it'll spin the wheels so instead I go to about 50-60% throttle to get it moving, then floor it. As boost starts to come on at about 2500-3000rpm I'll shift into 2nd. That will normally result in no wheel spin at all or perhaps just a tiny bit in 1st and will regularly result in 3.7-3.9 seconds to 100kmh.
__________________
SCOTT26 "So as an admirer of the M5 and a potential customer of an M5 Touring. I would run naked around the streets of Garching if they were to offer one."
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2019, 11:52 PM   #8
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1215
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, F02
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
There isn't actually much difference in the weight distribution, the M6 Coupe and Gran Coupe are about 52% front, the Vert is about 49%. A quick bit of googling seems to show the 928 has 51% front stock.

My car is a 600ps comp pack and in 2nd gear on a smooth road I get grip just fine with the 305/30r20 PS4S tyres.

For 1st, if I smash the throttle off the line it'll spin the wheels so instead I go to about 50-60% throttle to get it moving, then floor it. As boost starts to come on at about 2500-3000rpm I'll shift into 2nd. That will normally result in no wheel spin at all or perhaps just a tiny bit in 1st and will regularly result in 3.7-3.9 seconds to 100kmh.
Brad,
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the description off the line. Iíve never owned a car with this much HP and Torque before. All will be well.
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // SA Pkg - Daughterís
2013 750Li LCI xDrive Dark Graphite Metallic / Black Napa // M Sport & Exec. Pkgs - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #9
Kkgy79
Private
8
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 m5
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
There isn't actually much difference in the weight distribution, the M6 Coupe and Gran Coupe are about 52% front, the Vert is about 49%. A quick bit of googling seems to show the 928 has 51% front stock.

My car is a 600ps comp pack and in 2nd gear on a smooth road I get grip just fine with the 305/30r20 PS4S tyres.

For 1st, if I smash the throttle off the line it'll spin the wheels so instead I go to about 50-60% throttle to get it moving, then floor it. As boost starts to come on at about 2500-3000rpm I'll shift into 2nd. That will normally result in no wheel spin at all or perhaps just a tiny bit in 1st and will regularly result in 3.7-3.9 seconds to 100kmh.
Brad,
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the description off the line. I’ve never owned a car with this much HP and Torque before. All will be well.
I have 265 305 set up now. I will change next spring 275/305 set up. There r many articles about tire size and under over steer etc.
who cares? Im not professional driver. Just floor it at straight line. Also i thin i can handle 50% amount of car ability at cornering. So cant feel anythinggoing wrong on corner. Just can noticeable at straight line. Feels more confident and stable. If possible, i like to put 325 on other rim. I hope this help u
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #10
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
NorthCountryGuy's Avatar
1215
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: M6, E70, F02
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Iím right here...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkgy79 View Post
I have 265 305 set up now. I will change next spring 275/305 set up. There r many articles about tire size and under over steer etc.
who cares? Im not professional driver. Just floor it at straight line. Also i thin i can handle 50% amount of car ability at cornering. So cant feel anythinggoing wrong on corner. Just can noticeable at straight line. Feels more confident and stable. If possible, i like to put 325 on other rim. I hope this help u
Thanks Man.
Good of you to share.
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe Sakhir Orange Metallic / Sakhir Orange \ Black Merino - The Prince
2013 X5 LCI 35i Jet Black / Black SensaTec - The Horse
2013 X5 LCI 35i Space Grey Metallic / Black Nevada // SA Pkg - Daughterís
2013 750Li LCI xDrive Dark Graphite Metallic / Black Napa // M Sport & Exec. Pkgs - Sonís
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST