BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

Black over white m6 gc

Love[IMG]m6[/IMG] color combo - but would I regret this - bugging out trying to keep clean whole [IMG][/IMG] time !? First time I saw this color combo - love it! Thoughts -

Ps - doesn't help I got 6 year old twins but that's what wife's x5 is for

Trying to add pics can't figure out how[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

05-06-2020, 03:08 AM   #2
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
This interior is just drop dead gorgeous! But I hope you have the time required to keep it white... Even Silverstone requires quite a bit of maintenance, so don’t even want to guess the number of hours per week needed to keep it looking like this. But absolutely gorgeous!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 03:59 AM   #3
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

There's always new tech in car treatments/protectacts, for example ceramic type coatings for interiors which you could try? Ultimately will depend on OCD you are about your interior, especially with young kids!
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 06:15 AM   #4
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

[
Having 6 year old kids would help
But that scar wife's car is for

QUOTE=MelbourneFinn;26139843]This interior is just drop dead gorgeous! But I hope you have the time required to keep it white... Even Silverstone requires quite a bit of maintenance, so don't even want to guess the number of hours per week needed to keep it looking like this. But absolutely gorgeous![/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
There's always new tech in car treatments/protectacts, for example ceramic type coatings for interiors which you could try? Ultimately will depend on OCD you are about your interior, especially with young kids!
      05-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #5
benacto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M6 GC

Just a heads up. everytime a girl in shorts sit in the front seat.... you're gonna get a little bit of color on the seat that you need to leather conditioner to clean.
Rather is from lotion if youre lucky, to self tanner which is a nightmare... you'll be cleaning your seats A LOT.
I had the white interior for 2 years.

oh even blue jeans leave marks if they're too new.

Last edited by benacto; 05-06-2020 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #6
plm
Private
United_States
Rep

I have a Silverstone interior. It's gorgeous, but there is work in keeping it that way. Be prepared to invest in ColourLock mild and strong leather cleaner, and then their leather protector and leather shield in the large sized bottles.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #7
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M6 F06

Nice!
Mine looks pretty similar (a part for some plastic in the seats which mines are black and not all white)
When I used to drive the car everyday (just for work) I ended up cleaning the leather once every week, max once every two weeks.
Not because it was dirty (it's a strong leather btw) but because if you plan to hydrate the leather, you have to clean it first.

I'm mostly alone in the car, so I was mainly concentrated on the driver seat and the steering wheel.
Usually every 2 or 3 months I'll clean and hydrate every pieces of leather just for precaution from UV and dust that can accumulate.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:55 AM   #8
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

Colourlok is going to be your best friend. Contrast stitching is the biggest problem in keeping my silverstone looking good. The color wears fast with minimal use. I re-dye / update it twice a year.

While the color is beautiful, I will opt for cinn or black in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #9
plm
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlesteve View Post
Colourlok is going to be your best friend. Contrast stitching is the biggest problem in keeping my silverstone looking good.
Q tips and fine artist brushes are what I've found to be the solution to this, so you can get the dye between the two lines of stitching.

And a steady hand... and lots of patience!

It really is a lot of maintenance with this colour, but it looks amazing in the car.
Appreciate 0