05-28-2020, 11:38 PM   #1
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

Considering buying m6gc

Hey guys & gals I'm considering getting m6gC over x5m - got feq questions

Frozen colors - are they pia to keep clean considering not supposed to use a car wash

CC Brakes: love the looks but how long do they typically last & tough costs to replace

Any major differences between 14-17 m6gc except upgraded nav & car play ?

Overall u feel frozen color worth it

I love buying cars that are different but I don't feel like washing weekly stuff my house

Hard to find dolor frozen car w accurate price - I seen few & they are asking waaay about retail

Thank u
Bob

Robert@firstfinanciallending.com
      05-30-2020, 03:46 AM   #2
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

The Frozen color are just awesome. There are specific cleaner and detailed for it which you have to use regularly to keep it shiny. If not..... you ruin the appearance. CCB are great and they last a life time...300.000km if not tracking the car. The pads you have to change. There are differences between 14-17 .
Different front LED, software, navy..... Interieur trim and so on.
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2020, 04:32 AM   #3
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
The Frozen color are just awesome. There are specific cleaner and detailed for it which you have to use regularly to keep it shiny. If not..... you ruin the appearance. CCB are great and they last a life time...300.000km if not tracking the car. The pads you have to change. There are differences between 14-17 .
Different front LED, software, navy..... Interieur trim and so on.

Cool thanks
      06-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #4
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salottox5m View Post

Frozen colors - are they pia to keep clean considering not supposed to use a car wash

CC Brakes: love the looks but how long do they typically last & tough costs to replace

I love buying cars that are different but I don't feel like washing weekly stuff my house

Hard to find dolor frozen car w accurate price - I seen few & they are asking waaay about retail

Thank u
Bob

Robert@firstfinanciallending.com
I can't speak from experience with frozen paint jobs, but I do find the markup that sellers put on their cars a bit comical. If I were to go for the "frozen look", I'd personally find a good car with options and mileage to my desired specs and then add Xpel-stealth PPF to the whole car.

It would achieve the same look, still be cheaper and have a solid protection layer for the whole vehicle, not to mention not requiring a special cleaner.
Appreciate 2
Havy292.00
      06-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

That's what I did with mine. I specifically like it since it's ceramic coated as well...so dirt just slides off, and rain slithers under speed.

Cheers,
H
Appreciate 1
mikerx5438.50
      06-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #6
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Love that color what is it

QUOTE=hirkaismyname;26263316]That's what I did with mine. I specifically like it since it's ceramic coated as well...so dirt just slides off, and rain slithers under speed.

[IMG]https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...38;oe=5EFBE847[/IMG]

Cheers,
H[/QUOTE]
      06-15-2020, 08:39 PM   #7
MikeM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6GC, X5M, M3, X7, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salottox5m View Post

If you don't hand wash it with the proper soap the matte finish will be affected by car wash soaps, waxes, etc. My guess is it will start to look more like a standard gloss finish.

I'm not a huge fan of white cars, but I like my Frozen white M6GC. Looks best in low light conditions IMO, at dusk and/or street lights. Worth it if you like matte finishes, but could be a PITA for a daily driver or if you hate hand washing, assuming you like to keep your car clean at all times.

Others can give you more details on 14-17 differences. Pretty sure 16 was LCI w/ different headlights, infotainment tweaks, possibly small comp pack hp bump, other small differences? I think 17 got a significant infotainment / iDrive upgrade w/ touchscreen and Carplay. Others on here can tell you more. Do a search. It's out there somewhere.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0