BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #23
Vivek.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Iím currently boycotting FCP
Ordered a MAF sensor for over $270, came broken. I went to attach the connector to it and a piece of the bump where it secures to the locking tab broke apart.
They wouldnít honor credit when trying to return it. Said in roundabout way that I somehow broke it even though the box was crushed because they also put it under 11 liters of oil.

Offered to have me buy a new one, send the old one back for lifetime warranty or give me $170 or so back to my card. Wtf

I mainly buy from Brit at bmwpartpros. Iíve never had an issue but itís also convenient based on my circumstances
I mean it's kinda shitty they won't let you return it but there's no practical difference between returning it and buying a new one and buying a new one then returning it for a lifetime replacement. If anything your car is back on the road faster doing it their way.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #24
BzsBimmer
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 & 2019 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
I mean it's kinda shitty they won't let you return it but there's no practical difference between returning it and buying a new one and buying a new one then returning it for a lifetime replacement. If anything your car is back on the road faster doing it their way.
Oh forgot to add that I ended up buying a replacement from local dealer because I needed it quickly and I wasnít getting anywhere with their website return process for damaged items. I had to wait until that Monday to resolve and I had to leave town.

Didnít want to deal with a restock fee from the dealer and thought I could just get money back. I guess my burn point was that I wasnít offered a full refund or full value store credit. I guess I have Costco return policy mentality hahaha.
Appreciate 1
Vivek.79.00