BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Hate cops.

Tonights story.

I was going down barranca to carls jr with my brother when i see a car in my rear view mirror speeding up extremely fast. The only idiots that do that are cops. So the cop tail gates me into the parking lot, i pull into the drive through so i can get food for my brother. I pull out and see that the cop is sitting exactly where it stopped when i first pulled in to the drive through. so i park and my brother calls a non emergency number to report that there is a stalking cop following me. the operator says there where no cops next to carls jr. my brother said he could hop over with his broken foot take a picture of the car and send it to them. The operator didnt believe us so she took my brothers name and number and hangs up. i leave the parking lot and reenter the parking lot to see if the cop was going to follow me. it appeared that it was. i pull closer and take a look into the car, it was a female officer with glasses, i exit the plazza once more and make a right onto the next street to see if it was trying to follow us. i see the cop car drive past the street we went on and a sec later. the operator called back saying that they sent two squad cars to cjs and said that there was no one there. She said that she was going to file charges against my brother for filing a false police report. What bs is that, it was obvious that the cop that was at cjs pretended to answer the call of the operator and then called back saying no one was there.

I hate cops.

About a month ago i was going down jeffery towards the 405, i see a cop car speed up behind me and tail gates me. Im obiously not speeding so he speeds up and pulls up to my left window. He stares me down then speeds up in front of me and hits his brakes as if he was trying to cause an accident. Me driving slow and having the correct driving distance from him avoided him easily. he made signs that he was going to make a right on alton. i pass alton and he gets back on my ass tailgating me. luckly he didnt follow me on the 405s ramp. I feel like cops will try anything to not do there job.

A years ago, my brother was alone in his house. he heard some one was trying to break into the house my brother sees that it was the neighbor trying to break in, my brother calls the cops. the cops said that they would be there in 50mins, asks him if the person was still trying to break in. my brother said he doesnt know since he locked himself in a room. 50mins later no cops show up. my parents came home and called the cops asking where they were. the cops were like haha, we will be there in 15min. cops came over and would not press charges to the neighboor. the neighbor was only giving a warning, because the neighbor was not sucessful in breaking into our house. the neighboor was a violent middle age cranky man. had he broken into the house who knows what would have happened to my brother. cops dont care about anyone but their saleries.

i wish there was someone policing cops making sure they are doing their jobs and not wasting their time harrassing people. "serve and protect" what bs.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Yeah, they're douchebags sometimes. But what exactly does this have to do with my engine?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

I think you are at fault here, if you have been harassed like this many times, it is time for you to act.

and MOVE the thread plz, to outer space.
      07-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
But what exactly does this have to do with my engine?
I had the same question, maybe if he had a 135i he would have been speeding

As far as the cop problem you have OP, I would get a Grecom Triple Trunking Scanner...I have one in my car and I have programed all the police frequencies in my area.

When a cop is following me I scan the area (if I dont know what department he is in) to pick him up and see what he is saying to dispatch or car-to-car.

5 of my friends are cops and I have also used it to track one of them down, he owed me money and was "always busy" but I got him when he pulled someone over and called in for a reg check on D.A.V.I.D
      07-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Hmm, I've only been driving in Irvine for a year, but I've never gotten harassed or followed. Lucky I guess?

PS: Why is this in the N52 section?
      07-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
lol more often than not these "bad cop" stories seem to come out of the people's republic of california
      07-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
Mad Dragon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 GTI

I'm sure the op is giving us the full story, here...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
vash_241987
Private
Rep
Drives: 99 corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
lol more often than not these "bad cop" stories seem to come out of the people's republic of california
Well, Kalifornia is broke, and the cops prob. don't care...their salaries have prob gone down. See this is what happens when you care TOO much about the environment........or am I? N. cali I a beautiful place, lived there for about 2yrs. now after what they have been through, I'm in texas now . I'm slowly not like SOME of the po-po, not all are bad I admit (speeding off an off ramp, cop let me go ) but as you said some are taking their job a little too far. Still debating on getting a ccw. Oh...one more thing...buy a gun...if some mad man is breaking down your door...the cops with be taking pics of you body if you don't.....then again in Kali. the BG prob. has almost rights to protect himself than you.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Mmm, or it could just be a couple of coincidences. I mean, not all cops are bad. Sure, you get some asses (I've dealt with my share) but the majority of them are good people who want to make a positive contribution. I find it hard to accept sometimes but they're there to "serve and protect" and most of them know it.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

The cops here can be total pricks. I have seen more dangerous/erradic behavior from police than I have with most of the crazy-ass drivers we have out here, and let me tell you we have some really "gifted drivers" out here in LA. Not two days ago I saw a cop in a squad car run a red light while talking on his cell phone. The double standard here can be total bullisht.

I wish there was someone who had nothing to do but serve as a checks and balances for law enforcement in this town. Or some way that citizens could complain about cops acting foolishly and see some sort of actual result.

I don't want to generalize or be hypocritical because I know that its a job I wouldn't want. I also do appologize for lumping everyone into a large group becasuse I'm sure some officers just want to do a good job. Sadly its what happens when you have a few that act like total douch-nozzles...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #11
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

its not my fault as it has only happen on twice in a couple of months. but still cops here in irvine are butt holes and need to learn to do stuff like preventing all the bashed in windows and petty theft in my plazza (that happens to be in irvine too) instead of trying to provoke a person into making a mistake then pulling them over. it has nothing to do with our cars in general im kinda happy i dont have a 135i as those are pocket rockets and prob are more likely for getting pulled over for speeding.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
rawbert54
Private First Class
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: sedona Reda 128i

cops are friggen useless. ive got so many stories and personal experiences where police officer involvement made the situation worse, was pointless, way too late and even just plain harrassment. ive been pulled over and searchd littlerallly as i pull out of a driveway. WTF!!!. I love the question "do you mind if i search your car?why would you have a problem if your not hiding anything?" BECAUSE IM NOT HIDING ANYTHING DUMBASS!! its stupid circular logic. ive pretty much have no respect for cops.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #13
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

so far no good reviews on irvine pd
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
vash_241987
Private
Rep
Drives: 99 corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post

I wish there was someone who had nothing to do but serve as a checks and balances for law enforcement in this town. Or some way that citizens could complain about cops acting foolishly and see some sort of actual result.
Well tech. you can be that someone, I would think that cops would be pressured to not screw up if there are alot of people watching. Or in some cases a civilian having a video camera at the right time. There have been two cases of police abuse that I know of. One was when a cop pushed a protesting Bicyclist off his bike, the cop said that the guy was going to run him over....luckly someone tapped it. Another one is this one:
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
      07-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #16
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
Well tech. you can be that someone, I would think that cops would be pressured to not screw up if there are alot of people watching. Or in some cases a civilian having a video camera at the right time. There have been two cases of police abuse that I know of. One was when a cop pushed a protesting Bicyclist off his bike, the cop said that the guy was going to run him over....luckly someone tapped it. Another one is this one:
That was fucked up. I'm glad they recorded video.

In a world where the government/law enforcement has cameras everywhere, citizens might as well record their own side now that technology has allowed us to (most cell phones have video recording capability these days).
      07-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #17
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Can this thread be moved?

USA '1' #4126 | BSM | Premium Pkg | Sport Pkg | Paddles | Coral Boston Leather | Poplar | Shadow Grille | Shadow Emblem | Breyton GTS-Rs | PDX-5 | GP Thunder 8500k | Eibach Pro-Kit | CF Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #18
Berduderunner
drk one
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
have also used it to track one of them down, he owed me money and was "always busy" but I got him when he pulled someone over and called in for a reg check on D.A.V.I.D
Epic win.
BMS JB3 v2.0 | BMS DCI | Berk Tech Sport Exhaust | UR * DPs | CoolingMist Meth Kit w/ CMGS | H&R OE Sport Springs | Breyton GTS-R | Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs | GP Thunder 8000K Low Beams/Angel Eyes/Cornering Lights | LED Interior Light Kit | Window Tint | Smoked Tail Lights | Smoked License Plate Cover
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
cagekicker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 crimson red 135i

i'm a law enforcement officer and i don't even know where to start on this one. i'll just say you are a cop magnet.
      07-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Chewyjr15
1 addict and proud!
Rep
Drives: jb 135 on order

irvine pd sucks they follow me all the time... get used to it if your gonna live in irvine.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #21
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagekicker View Post
i'm a law enforcement officer and i don't even know where to start on this one. i'll just say you are a cop magnet.
My 5 friends are cops and they will admit they are useless 90% of the time....3 of them remind me of the cops in Superbad
      07-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #22
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Get him a Waaahburger and some French-cries....maybe even a Weineken