BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #2597
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Big weekend of eating and sleeping. Body feels 110%. Might be playing in a golf tournament towards the end of next week, so I'll probably reduce calorie intake a little bit to lean out. Play better that way.

Lifted shoulders/biceps on Saturday, legs/cardio/abs yesterday, and chest this morning. Starting running more frequently, going pretty well. Usually pretty comfortable at a 7:30/mile pace for 3 miles.

Highlight of the weekend, fiance said my muscles looked big yesterday lmao.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 09:34 AM   #2598
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Did a decent amount of pullover and stiff arm pull down for lats and feel pretty smoked.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 05:01 PM   #2599
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Is it possible I weighed 188 this morning and 196.8 at 6pm? Because that happened. Did back & bi's today - it got hot out and very humid again after some mild weather - so it was a pain but glad I went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 05:04 PM   #2600
ga9213
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Is it possible I weighed 188 this morning and 196.8 at 6pm? Because that happened. Did back & bi's today - it got hot out and very humid again after some mild weather - so it was a pain but glad I went!
Damn, did you lick a salt stone all day?!

I usually fluctuate 4-5 lbs from morning to evening.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 05:14 PM   #2601
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Good question - I did eat a handful of Trader Joe's Frito's because my wife was eating them with guac and I couldn't resist. That was post workout along with veggie pasta with meat sauce. I didnt even think of the Fritos and water retention! I worked outside for a couple hours today before the gym so once I was lifting I was extremely thirsty - drank 3/4 gallon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #2602
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I slipped on a floor mat at work, wrenched my back. Gonna be a while before I do anything again

Who puts a thin, slick mat with no backing on simulated wood??????
      10-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #2603
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Didn't make it to the gym over the weekend since my mom was in town. Managed to get a run in each day though, went for 3 miles on Saturday and 5.5miles on Sunday.

I was back in the gym this morning for chest day. It was a solid day, but I was bloated as hell from eating everything in sight yesterday lol. Will hopefully get 1 more day in the gym tomorrow morning before I have to travel for work the rest of the week. Biggest issue with traveling is that hotel gyms usually blow, will most likely just run a lot this week but that is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #2604
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Did a little fishing all last week down in Cabo, so made it to the resort gym one day for a quick chest back pump. Got lazy and skipped yesterday.

Trying to get myself mentally motivated to head back in today and out of vacation mode. Weighed 213lb. (jeans, polo, super cool Sperry's) on my work's freight scale yesterday. I'm usually hovering between 200-202lb. Gotta kick up the cardio to make this melt away
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #2605
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Today was a total body workout and apparently pulled something or tweaked my lower back. I didn't feel anything during the workout. I was able to get in for a massage today so that helped but still extremely tight. Tomorrow is an off day so hope I can do a light warm up so I can stretch.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 12:25 PM   #2606
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Today was a total body workout and apparently pulled something or tweaked my lower back. I didn't feel anything during the workout. I was able to get in for a massage today so that helped but still extremely tight. Tomorrow is an off day so hope I can do a light warm up so I can stretch.
I feel this. Pretty sure I've torn something in my left oblique while doing windscreen wipers on the chin up bar a few weeks ago. Crazy feeling. It "pops" when I bend or twist in certain directions. Have been taking it easy on abs until it's fully healed. Tonight is supposed to be my off night, but I'm thinking about going in to do some cardio. I've picked up some fluff after starting a bulk cycle already.

How long does it take you to do a total body routine? I'm trying to come up with routines that aren't so time inclusive, but I honestly don't think there's a way.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #2607
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Dr. cleared me to move up to lifting 20 lbs!!!! Still won't let me run though. I guess I'll have to continue with 22oz curls.

Right nwo I do my lumbar stretches (almost every 2 hours) then take a short walk. Ice at night. Didn't take any meds yesterday, a bit tighter when I woke up today.

And of course, we progressed to RED COVID rating, so the gym opened back up indoors. . .
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 07:56 PM   #2608
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Dr. cleared me to move up to lifting 20 lbs!!!! Still won't let me run though. I guess I'll have to continue with 22oz curls.

Right nwo I do my lumbar stretches (almost every 2 hours) then take a short walk. Ice at night. Didn't take any meds yesterday, a bit tighter when I woke up today.

And of course, we progressed to RED COVID rating, so the gym opened back up indoors. . .
I can understand being under doctors orders to restrict the amount of weight you can lift. My docs have been telling me to knock it off with the weight training due to the enlargement in my aorta where it originates from my heart. I literally laughed at them when they told me the max I can lift is 30lbs. This was last year. I've ignored them but have modified how I exert myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 09:18 PM   #2609
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

I can understand being under doctors orders to restrict the amount of weight you can lift. My docs have been telling me to knock it off with the weight training due to the enlargement in my aorta where it originates from my heart. I literally laughed at them when they told me the max I can lift is 30lbs. This was last year. I've ignored them but have modified how I exert myself.
Mine is an Occupational Injury (worker's comp) so I am following to a T

My blood sugars are WHACKED
      10-15-2020, 09:06 AM   #2610
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
I feel this. Pretty sure I've torn something in my left oblique while doing windscreen wipers on the chin up bar a few weeks ago. Crazy feeling. It "pops" when I bend or twist in certain directions. Have been taking it easy on abs until it's fully healed. Tonight is supposed to be my off night, but I'm thinking about going in to do some cardio. I've picked up some fluff after starting a bulk cycle already.

How long does it take you to do a total body routine? I'm trying to come up with routines that aren't so time inclusive, but I honestly don't think there's a way.
I do a lot of combo moves when I do full body. I'm not trying to bulk up. My goal has always been tone and lean. My workouts take anywhere from 30-40 minutes and stretching after is about 15-20 minutes. I don't have any desire to work out longer than that lol.

I attached the workout I did Tuesday am. Today I'm going to try body weight legs to see how my back holds up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-15-2020, 09:34 AM   #2611
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I do a lot of combo moves when I do full body. I'm not trying to bulk up. My goal has always been tone and lean. My workouts take anywhere from 30-40 minutes and stretching after is about 15-20 minutes. I don't have any desire to work out longer than that lol.

I attached the workout I did Tuesday am. Today I'm going to try body weight legs to see how my back holds up.
Gotcha! That makes sense. I'm trying to bulk now but I'm not trying to get big either. I spent most of my life being overweight, I'm trying to get to 155. Did weigh 240, got down to 211 before I started the gym, currently at....let's just say less than 140. I overshot my goal trying to get a flat stomach. Obviously it didn't work. Now the goal is to gain all winter and cut back down in the spring to see if that yields the last two ab sections to complete the 8 pack.

I'm doing a split, albeit an odd one. S, M, T - I hit all muscle groups. Take Wednesday off, then repeat S, M & T's workout with different exercises Thursday and Friday night, then take off Saturday. I've got to where I can knock 3-4 muscle groups each night, right now, 3 sets per group in a bout an hour and each group twice a week.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #2612
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

240 to 140 wtf
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-15-2020, 10:46 AM   #2613
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I'm doing a split, albeit an odd one. S, M, T - I hit all muscle groups. Take Wednesday off, then repeat S, M & T's workout with different exercises Thursday and Friday night, then take off Saturday. I've got to where I can knock 3-4 muscle groups each night, right now, 3 sets per group in a bout an hour and each group twice a week.

I do something similar except not as many full body days. I typically do 3-4 sets depending on time and intensity.

Sun: rest
Mon: full body
Ties: arms/abs
Wed: rest day
Thur: legs
Fri: yoga
Sat: full body
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #2614
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Starting the swimming season now that the weather is getting colder. Going from 20 miles +/- per week on the bike to 1/2 mile per week in the pool. I want to increase my distance to 3/4 mile per week. Doesn’t sound like a lot but it’s what I do. Plus several walks per week around the neighborhood.

Any swimmers in the house? Rec/fitness not competitive.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:10 AM   #2615
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

I was on travel for work last week. Packed clothes to workout, but never had a chance. Think I put in close to 60hrs over a 4 day span lol. Anyways finally got back into the gym this morning. Prior to the break I was pushing pretty hard. Body felt well rested and I didn't seem to put on any unnecessary weight. Plan to bring things back up to speed this week although my dad is coming down for the weekend so I'm sure I'll be eating and drinking too much again. I love having plans, but sometimes I wish I just had a week or two of nothingness lol.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #2616
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
240 to 140 wtf
Wasn't easy. Gaining seems to be more difficult than losing.

Let me clarify, adding muscle is more difficult than losing fat.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 05:11 PM   #2617
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wasn't easy. Gaining seems to be more difficult than losing.

Let me clarify, adding muscle is more difficult than losing fat.
Most definitely but don't tell that to a fat chick.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #2618
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Shoulders/biceps and my usually cardio pre and post. Not sure what I want to do as far as a goal goes. I feel so much better during my workout when I'm maintaining or cutting. When bulking I just feel so damn bloated. I workout first thing in the morning, so sometimes it is hard to get past the discomfort and push through my lift lol. Might just maintain for the time being. I like being lean for the holidays so I can gorge myself to my hearts content, so I'll probably start a small cut in a few weeks. Overall just pretty content at where I am. Right around 185, 5'10", maybe 12-14%BF nothing crazy but I'm quite comfortable here.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00