BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

11-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
//MMachine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6 coupe

Garage List
2012 Ford SVT Raptor  [0.00]
2017 BMW M6  [0.00]
2107 BMW M4  [10.00]
2007 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2008 MB E350  [0.00]
1999 Ford F350 Lariat  [0.00]
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (High Gloss)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

I have 2 high gloss carbon fiber engine covers for sale. Will fit the 4.4 L V8 S63TU engine. Each cover has slight defect with small crack in corner that is not very noticeable. See pics. Price is $400 each (includes shipping).

High gloss CF engine covers for the M6 and M5 are for the most part all gone or extremely hard to find. You can buy the non-gloss matte version most anywhere on the net and ebay and will cost around $550 to $600. I've also seen scratch and dent specials (same small crack in corner) for sale for $510. The matte version in my opinion is blah compared to the high gloss version. Will take a bit of time, effort and money on your part to get the high gloss look - which I've already taken care of.

These are aFe Carbon Fiber engine covers. The aFe logo has been removed for a cleaner look. I sprayed all with 3 coats of Deltron Clear for a super wet durable finish. The high gloss clear coat also makes the small crack in each nearly invisible.

The small crack in each was due to shipping. AFe did not package these well and when stacked with a lot of weight on top would lead to a crack in corner. I went thru 4 of these before problem was figured out and I got a good one. Packaging problem has since been fixed.

You can have one of these stunning Carbon Fiber Engine Covers for a fraction of what it would cost you if you did yourself. You'll have to reuse your grommets and ///M badge from original engine cover.

Cover #1 has small crack on left side (least noticeable of the 2 covers) but also has a couple of small blemishes in front (marked in photo).

Cover #2 has the small crack on right side (but is slightly more noticeable then other cover) - no other blemishes.

Please indicate which one you might be interested in. Thanks!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
ddiimmaa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6spd

PM Sent..
Appreciate 0