BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

08-03-2021, 09:25 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Monterey Car Week Lineup: M4 GT3, M4 Convertible, M5 CS Limited Edition, i4, iX

The Story of BMW Electrification Continues.
The Latest In BMW’s Line Of Electrified Vehicles, The BMW iX And BMW i4 To Be Shown At Legends Of The Autobahn on August 14th.
The Story of The New BMW M3 And M4 Expands.
North American Premiere of The BMW M4 GT3 Top Level Customer Race Car at The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion On Friday August 13th.

Special Appearance of A 2020 BMW M4 DTM At The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion.

BMW Motorsport Drivers Demonstrate The Championship Winning (E46) M3 GTR And The (E92) M3 GT In The Masters Endurance Legends Class Of The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion.

Full Range of The 6th Generation M3 And M4 Including The M4 Competition Convertible On Display at Legends of the Autobahn.

The New BMW M5 CS Limited Edition Model To be Presented at Legends of the Autobahn.

The All-New ALPINA B8 Gran Coupe To be Presented at Legends of the Autobahn.
Monterey, CA – August 3, 2021…
On the occasion of the Monterey Car Week, the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and Legends of The Autobahn, BMW will present several new production models spanning the range from ‘M’ to ‘i’. The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion marks the occasion for the North American Premiere of the BMW M Motorsports M4 GT3 top level customer race car on Friday, August 13th. The BMW M4 GT3 has already amassed over 14,000 km of testing in Europe but this will be the first time it can be seen in North America. The M4 GT3 features the most powerful inline 6-cylinder engine ever developed for a BMW race car since the M1 Group 5 with upwards of 590 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque mated to a paddle shifted 6-speed transaxle and an electro-hydraulic clutch operated by an additional paddle. A new M Track Cockpit allows for most programming and operation of the car through on-board menus eliminating the need for an external laptop. As a world first, BMW has teamed up with Fanatec to create a steering wheel compatible for the M4 GT3 and SIM racing that offers adjustment and activation of essential settings for the driver in race mode (e.g., traction control, radio, ABS, engine mapping, windscreen wipers, drink system). Priced at $530,000, North American deliveries of the BMW M4 GT3 are expected in the first quarter of 2022.

The Rolex Reunion attendees will also be able to have a close look at one of BMW Motorsports’ 2020 M4 DTM cars – clearly a development pinnacle of the recent DTM formula. This Number 25, ZF-sponsored M4 DTM Class 1, chassis number 1502, was raced in the 2019 and 2020 seasons by BMW Motorsport driver Philipp Eng. With a weight of 2163 lbs and powered by a BMW P48 2-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-Cylinder engine, The BMW M4 DTM can accelerate from 0-62 mph in 2.5 seconds, has a top speed greater than 185 mph and can achieve corner loads up to 3g’s. In a rare opportunity, this factory M4 DTM is being offered for sale by BMW Motorsport for 800.000 Euros plus shipping, duty, and taxes.

Continuing with the BMW M theme, BMW will, for the first time, present the full range of BMW M3 and M4 models including the all-new M4 Competition Convertible and the first M3 and M4 models with xDrive all-wheel drive technology. The new M3 and M4, including the M4 GT3 will be the centerpiece of a display of all generations of M3 and M4 at the Legends of The Autobahn Concours d’Elegance on Saturday August 14th in its new location in Carmel Valley Village.

For the very first time, the exhilarating performance of the all-new BMW M3 Competition and M4 Competition is further heightened with the addition of the M xDrive all-wheel drive system. The power from the S58 TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine is directed through an 8-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic. The M-specific xDrive system then channels that power to the front or rear wheels as required, enhancing agility, directional stability, traction, and acceleration. M xDrive works in conjunction with the Active M Differential – with its integrated M-specific traction control – and the Dynamic Stability Control system to ensure power is directed precisely given the driving situation at hand, producing lively, dynamic handling while managing oversteer and understeer. Off-the-line traction is also improved, reducing the 0-60 time by 0.4 seconds to just 3.4. M xDrive features three settings, including a 2WD setting that allows skilled drivers a pure, rear-wheel-drive experience without any stability control system intervention.

The all-new M4 Competition Convertible with M xDrive marks a return to a classic soft-top silhouette and is the first M4 convertible from BMW M to feature all-wheel drive. The retractable fabric roof is 40% lighter than its predecessor’s folding hardtop, which lowers the M4 Competition Convertible’s center of gravity thus improving handling and agility. The design of the new soft-top combines large panel bow elements with a flush-fitting glass rear window, several layers of insulation and a fabric cover available in black or shimmering Moonlight black. The top can be raised or lowered in 18 seconds at up to 31 mph. The 2022 M4 Competition Convertible with M xDrive begins production in September and has an MSRP of $86,300 plus $995 destination and handling.

First unveiled at the Daytona 24-hour race in January, the first of the production examples of the limited production BMW M5 CS will be presented at Legends of The Autobahn.

The exclusive, limited-edition BMW M5 CS is quite simply the quickest and most powerful BMW production vehicle ever. It combines enhanced power, lighter weight, and exclusive interior and exterior elements to produce a driving experience like no other. The S63 4.4-liter TwinPower Turbo V8 engine here produces 627 bhp at 6,000 rpm; an increase of 10 bhp over the already formidable M5 Competition. A full 553 lb-ft of torque is available between 1,800 and 5,950 rpm. Power is sent through an 8-speed M Steptronic gearbox with Drivelogic to the M xDrive all-wheel drive system. The traction provided by the M-specific all-wheel drive combined with an overall vehicle weight reduction of 230 lbs means 60 mph arrives in a scant 2.9 seconds – 0.2 seconds quicker than the M5 Competition. Top speed with the standard M Driver’s Package is 190 mph. Inside, the driver and front passenger are supported in M Carbon Bucket Seats covered in black Merino leather with exclusive Mugello Red accents and contrasting red stitching. Seating is strictly for four; rear passengers are provided their own individual bucket seats. Outside, the M5 CS is distinguished by Gold Bronze accents, yellow L-shaped front light tubes, and Gold Bronze 20” forged light alloy wheels. Production of the M5 CS is limited to a single model year, with US arrivals planned for the second half of 2021. The MSRP of the BMW M5 CS is $142,000 plus $995 destination and handling.

The second BMW sub brand will also be well represented at Legends this year. The BMW iX xDrive50 and the BMW i4 eDrive40 will be showcased at Legends. The all-new 2022 BMW iX xDrive50 was conceived from the beginning as purely electric mobility. The iX features BMW’s fifth generation eDrive technology built around a drive unit that unites the electric motor, power electronics, and transmission in an integrated package within a single housing. The iX xDrive50’s two electric motors, which operate without the use of rare earth magnets, produce a combined 516 bhp and 564 lb-ft of torque. Acceleration from 0-60 takes less than five seconds, and owners can expect a range of up to 300 miles. Using a DC fast-charger, the iX’s range can be increased 90 miles in just 10 minutes at 200 kW and charging from 10% to 80% takes less than 40 minutes. Sustainability is a central tenet in the design and production of the BMW iX. BMW’s all-electric SAV is produced in a plant that uses entirely local hydroelectric power. The aluminum used in the iX is formed using solar power. The floor coverings, floor mats and headliner are manufactured from recycled fishing nets and residual waste from plastics manufacturing. The use of cobalt in the high-voltage batteries was reduced to less than 10%, and the extraction of the material is overseen by BMW to ensure environmental standards are met and that human rights are respected. The BMW iX xDrive50 will arrive in the US early in 2022 at an MSRP of $83,200 plus $995 destination and handling.

The first-ever BMW i4 blends the functionality and space of the Gran Coupe design with the instantaneous power delivery of an all-electric powertrain and the superior chassis dynamics of a BMW sports sedan. The i4 will be offered in two variants: the i4 eDrive40 and the i4 M50. The i4 eDrive40 features a single electric motor sending 335 bhp to the rear wheels, resulting in a 0-60 mph time of less than six seconds and a projected range of up to 300 miles. The i4 M50, the first fully electric model from BMW M GmbH, features two electric motors with a maximum combined output of 536 bhp and all-wheel drive. This arrangement results in a 0-60 time of less than four seconds and a projected range of up to 245 miles. Power in both vehicles is produced by BMW’s fifth generation eDrive technology, which combines the electric motors, power electronics, and transmission into a single, compact housing. Inside, drivers of the i4 are presented with the innovative BMW Curved Display. The striking, high-definition display merges the 12.3-inch information display and the 14.9-inch control display into a single, driver-focused unit powered by BMW iDrive 8, BMW’s most advanced user interface. The i4 arrives in the US in early 2022 with an MSRP of $55,400 for the i4 eDrive40 and $65,900 for the i4 M50, plus $995 destination and handling.

Legends is also the first opportunity to see the all new ALPINA B8 Gran Coupe. Building on the success of B7 Sedan and the XB7 Sports Activity Vehicle, ALPINA is enhancing its presence in the premium segment with the introduction of the 2022 BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupe, an exclusive, low-volume, high-performance automobile that rewards the senses. Powered by a 4.4-liter bi-turbo V8 engine producing 612 bhp, the BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupe achieves 60 mph from a standstill in only 3.3 seconds on its way to a maximum velocity of 201 mph. Subtle enhancements in chassis tuning result in a refined melding of long-distance ride comfort and precision handling. Ultra-high-performance tires engineered by Pirelli exclusively for ALPINA wrap around ALPINA CLASSIC 21” wheels that feature ALPINA’s signature 20-spoke design. The exterior of the B8 Gran Coupe is distinguished by understated but carefully optimized aerodynamic components such as large air intakes on the distinctive ALPINA front apron, winglets at the rear wheel openings, and the unique diffuser at the back. Exclusive ALPINA Blue and ALPINA Green metallic paints are available. Inside, unique ALPINA details such as illuminated ALPINA B8 doorsills, Walnut Anthracite trim, and untreated LAVALINA leather on the steering wheel with traditional blue and green stitching create an elegant atmosphere. The superb BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupe is available now with an MSRP of $139,900 plus $995 destination and handling.

In addition to the large group of new models presented, BMW will continue the M3 and M4 theme by running three historically significant M3 race cars during the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion driven by three IMSA star drivers. BMW Motorsport driver John Edwards will drive the unbeatable-in-its-day, 2004 (E46) M3 GTR Grand-Am Championship winner. BMW ace driver Bill Auberlen and IMSA G.O.A.T. will be re-united with his Number 55 2012 (E92) M3 GT. Auberlen, who has over 500 race starts in BMWs holds the record for most IMSA pole positions and the most IMSA victories of any driver in the history of IMSA. BMW Motorsport driver Connor De Phillippi will drive the sister car to Auberlen’s: the Number 56 2011 (E92) M3 GT that gave BMW and BMW Team RLL the ALMS class driver, manufacturer, team, and Michelin Green X championships in 2011. The M3 GTR and the two (E92) M3 GT will compete in the ‘Masters Endurance Legends’ class with two 40-minute races on Sunday.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #2
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Can’t wait, best week of the year
Appreciate 2
Vivek.1363.50
      08-03-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I can't wait to see #55 & 56 M3 GT2's in person! I want some video of these two awesome cars on track!
      08-03-2021, 12:28 PM   #4
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Hope to see you guys there!
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #5
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

oh shoot, I might be hanging out at the BMW Car Corral!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 06:18 PM   #6
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Will be at Legends on Saturday with the 1M.

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 12:07 AM   #7
AYYY F80
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
One of my favorite car events ever!

I'll be at Legends and BMW Car Corral at Laguna on Saturday. See you guys there!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 09:09 AM   #8
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Hmmmm I may have to drive down Sat. I have never been.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #9
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmir View Post

Anyone else?
Wasn't able to snag a participant entry but I will be there. Hopefully they don't make us drive down the dam golf cart path again, it was stressful as hell last time with 1.5" to the curbs on each side
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #10
vasmir
eh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Quote:

Anyone else?
Wasn't able to snag a participant entry but I will be there. Hopefully they don't make us drive down the dam golf cart path again, it was stressful as hell last time with 1.5" to the curbs on each side
Yeah, the golf parking was always fun!

This year it's in Carmel Valley village, so think it'll be a lot of street parking and on one of the fair ground/park fields they have there.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:36 AM   #11
_E90S65_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:

This year it's in Carmel Valley village, so think it'll be a lot of street parking and on one of the fair ground/park fields they have there.
As of August 9,
Legends of the Autobahn is being moved to Monterey County Fairgrounds.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #12
vasmir
eh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _E90S65_ View Post
Quote:

As of August 9,
Legends of the Autobahn is being moved to Monterey County Fairgrounds.
Yep… last minute shift 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 08:06 PM   #13
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Yep… last minute shift ����
Boy, what a cluster mess that was with that tiny no good carmel valley village not wanting the LOTA to be in their village.
Appreciate 0