BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-30-2021, 12:39 PM   #1
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Checking as the 2014 is JUST at about 40k. Have owned for 14k miles now, 500 per month - never tracked and no mods.

Oil is changed every 2,500 on the dot.

I have paid close attention here on what people are recommending for maintenance suggestions. You all know way more than I do!

Seems like Plugs, coil packs, injectors are all suggested.

Is this it? Is there priority order on these?

Figured it may be nice to have a thread for folks in a similar spot, or soon to be!

And a shameless pic…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #2
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Checking as the 2014 is JUST at about 40k. Have owned for 14k miles now, 500 per month - never tracked and no mods.

I have paid close attention here on what people are recommending for maintenance suggestions. You all know way more than I do!

Figured it may be nice to have a thread for folks in a similar spot, or soon to be!

And a shameless pic…
I don't think injectors would be necessary, but if you want to be ahead of schedule, plugs and coils are part of the 60k. However, I did mine at 50k. I think injectors are addressed on more of an 'as needed' basis, I don't believe it's a regular maintenance item

Car is looking beautiful
      09-30-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Quote:

And a shameless pic…
I don't think injectors would be necessary, but if you want to be ahead of schedule, plugs and coils are part of the 60k. However, I did mine at 50k. I think injectors are addressed on more of an 'as needed' basis, I don't believe it's a regular maintenance item

Car is looking beautiful
Thanks! So am I overthinking this?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #4
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't say overthinking, the plugs and coils are definitely worth doing in your future, I just wouldn't loop injectors into the picture unless you're willing to spend north of $1k just for the peace of mind. Certainly can't hurt, I just don't think it's necessary given your careful maintenance and where you're at on mileage
      09-30-2021, 06:22 PM   #5
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't say overthinking, the plugs and coils are definitely worth doing in your future, I just wouldn't loop injectors into the picture unless you're willing to spend north of $1k just for the peace of mind. Certainly can't hurt, I just don't think it's necessary given your careful maintenance and where you're at on mileage
Thanks - what do the plugs and coils for?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 06:34 PM   #6
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I don’t have much to contribute outside of what LJohnson32 said, but your car looks great, Mike! Not often you see M6GC’s in that color. On second thought..maaaaybe brake pads? If they’re still on the original set. Outside of that, I’d say continue enjoying your beast!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 09:43 PM   #7
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks - what do the plugs and coils for?
Plugs and coils tend to wear out their welcome in the form of drivetrain malfunctions and misfires around 60k. Obviously I'm sure there are some owners that have seen them earlier (me) and some that have seen them later than 60k, but typically it's the most common source of drivetrain malfunctions in that 50-70k range. If you opted to do plugs and coils now you would be ahead of the game. Something to keep in mind whether you choose to do them now or wait
      10-01-2021, 03:35 AM   #8
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
I don't have much to contribute outside of what LJohnson32 said, but your car looks great, Mike! Not often you see M6GC's in that color. On second thought..maaaaybe brake pads? If they're still on the original set. Outside of that, I'd say continue enjoying your beast!
Thanks Flo - pads were done at 30k!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 11:09 AM   #9
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra 5MT

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
I just picked up my 2013 with 42k mi last month; and the BMW dealer did spark plugs, oil change, microfilters, and a full rear differential service as part of their servicing to put the car on the lot. Otherwise, the only other thing they did was front pads.

I feel that this is a pretty good list to start with; coils if you're feeling generous but to me it really doesn't make sense to do them unless you're having issues. Otherwise they're perfectly good expensive parts that are going to waste.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
mikerx5438.50