BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-30-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
williamsd123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M6

Feels Like E Brake is On Loss of Power

2010 M6 6 Sp Manual- I experienced a loss of power while doing around 60 MPH on the interstate. I dropped down into 4th gear and vehicle lugged along at about 3k RPM. This happened two years or so ago and I was told that the thermostat needed to be replaced. I got it replaced and it happened again a year later. I got it checked out and was told that the car wasn’t showing any issues when the mechanic drove it and it didn’t throw any codes either. I didn’t have the issue again until yesterday. I don’t think it’s the thermostat because the temp gauge is reading well. The vehicle feels like the e brake is engaged. While driving in 1st at 10 MPH the feels like it’s being snatched back. I can sit on a slight incline in neutral without the e brake engaged and the vehicle doesn’t even roll back. There is also a loud metallic like clicking noise coming from the engine bay slash right front wheel while parked with the car off. It goes away after awhile. While driving there is a faint clicking noise from the right front wheel as well. There are no lights on the dash either.
What could the issue be.. thermostat? MAF? Seized brake pad? e brake ghost code? something else? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2018, 05:03 AM   #2
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

I would suggest to lift the car and turn the wheel. My first guess is maybe a wheel bearing..... The ticking noise could be from hot brake disks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
williamsd123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M6

@Havy. Thanks for the reply. Turns out that an ecu was sending a signal to the car telling it that I was engaging the brake when I wasn't. I was told that the DSC/ABS Unit has to be replaced. I found one online at the BMW dealership, they called BMW Manufacturer and they were told that they can't sell anything because the part isn't available anywhere in the world. It shows in the system but it's not available.
Have you heard of such? Any advice?
Appreciate 0