BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #23
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTJeebus View Post
Live in sunny south Florida. It’s been worth it for me.

Great experiment
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #24
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Gone and booked the Ceramic coating booked

Thanks for everyone’s advice. Ive gone ahead and found a great detailer in the NW of England (Dead Eye Detailing) and tested them as they renewed the leather on my front seats that were too shiny after being polished by the previous drivers read end lol. The seats are now back to new and perfectly matt in finish (no shine) - its booked into be done for a week on 27th May for full correction of the paint then the ceramic treatment. The guys do an amazing job and this was a shot and link to a recent post https://www.facebook.com/23414234706...92&v=i&sfns=mo where i saw my car in the background while they were doing the leather. Will keep you posted but im super excited.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #25
Havy
V8 addicted
Havy's Avatar
Germany
191
Rep
536
Posts

Drives: M6 Gran Coupé
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

I like the company name “Dead eye” for a detailed.
But great pics.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2019, 05:19 PM   #26
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
I like the company name “Dead eye” for a detailed.
But great pics.
Cheers, will keep you posted on the results.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #27
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Finally got it done

Just picked up the car. It's undergone a week of solid compounding, polishing and refining before lashings of Ceramic Coating being applied and infrared cured for complete protection.

A Ghost immobaliser was also fitted.

Deadeye Detailing did a great job - www.deadeyedstailing.co.uk

Have photos to add but there seems to be a glitch in the system so I can’t add - will try again later.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #28
SixteenM6
New Member
13
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Grand Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Just picked up the car. It's undergone a week of solid compounding, polishing and refining before lashings of Ceramic Coating being applied and infrared cured for complete protection.
Interesting, the baking with infrared lights is an older process, there are newer ceramic coating products today that don't require this. In 2007 I've purchased a new LS-460 and the ceramic coating was done with the lights back then.

I've purchased the M6 GC recently and the ceramic coating they've applied is a new generation that didn't require the infrared lights. Both yielded excellent results though.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by SixteenM6; 06-01-2019 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 03:34 AM   #29
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Photos after my Ceramic coating

Just picked the car up and after the paint correction and ceramic coating it looks like a brand new car, even better than when it first left Germany! Off to buy my jet wash Really pleased with the result.
Attached Images
          
Appreciate 2
TonkaM619.00
HJ194.50

      06-02-2019, 03:39 AM   #30
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixteenM6 View Post
Interesting, the baking with infrared lights is an older process, there are newer ceramic coating products today that don't require this. In 2007 I've purchased a new LS-460 and the ceramic coating was done with the lights back then.

I've purchased the M6 GC recently and the ceramic coating they've applied is a new generation that didn't require the infrared lights. Both yielded excellent results though.
Interesting - maybe my guy was just worried about the awful weather in the UK! - I had to drive it out of the garage into the rain
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #31
SixteenM6
New Member
13
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Grand Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Interesting - maybe my guy was just worried about the awful weather in the UK! - I had to drive it out of the garage into the rain
That's a bummer but hey your car looks incredible, that color really shows the difference ceramic coating provides. My car is white and it doesn't translate well in pictures. In person looks better.

What I like the best (besides the looks) is how easy it is to keep the car looking like that. Just regular car washes, nothing else.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2019, 12:03 PM   #32
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixteenM6 View Post
That's a bummer but hey your car looks incredible, that color really shows the difference ceramic coating provides. My car is white and it doesn't translate well in pictures. In person looks better.

What I like the best (besides the looks) is how easy it is to keep the car looking like that. Just regular car washes, nothing else.
thanks, I’m really looking forward to that low maintenance too and your car looks incredible!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #33
hirkaismyname
Second Lieutenant
72
Rep
221
Posts

Drives: In Decision x5m/m3
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Greenville Spartanburg

iTrader: (0)

OTJeebus are you in the Dr. Phillips area?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #34
Havy
V8 addicted
Havy's Avatar
Germany
191
Rep
536
Posts

Drives: M6 Gran Coupé
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Just picked the car up and after the paint correction and ceramic coating it looks like a brand new car, even better than when it first left Germany! Off to buy my jet wash Really pleased with the result.
Wow, that looks awesome 😎
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #35
General Lee
Private First Class
General Lee's Avatar
United Kingdom
39
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: UK & Spain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Wow, that looks awesome 😎
Thanks, really pleased with the result
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST