07-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
CharleyGFX
"Best Since Best"
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Looking for advice

Hi Everyone,

We have an M6 in my friend's dealership, we can't get it to pass smog. At this point, we are open to anyone in the Bay Area California just getting the aftermarket exhaust for free, AND the JB4 tune we have for it.. We just want to get it to pass smog.

It's a 2014 M6 Gran Coupe, does anyone else have any advice on how we can get it to pass smog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
Du maaaa.. Ill trade you some lint and com tam bi cha suong nuong cha gio, and some mam.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyGFX View Post
Hi Everyone,

We have an M6 in my friend's dealership, we can't get it to pass smog. At this point, we are open to anyone in the Bay Area California just getting the aftermarket exhaust for free, AND the JB4 tune we have for it.. We just want to get it to pass smog.

It's a 2014 M6 Gran Coupe, does anyone else have any advice on how we can get it to pass smog?
Are you 100% sure it doesn't have an after market catless downpipe or gutted OEM DPs?
      07-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
CharleyGFX
"Best Since Best"
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
Are you 100% sure it doesn't have an after market catless downpipe or gutted OEM DPs?
Got it on a life yesterday after your reply, it's catless downpipes. Looks to be VRSF based on the welding job.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
Du maaaa.. Ill trade you some lint and com tam bi cha suong nuong cha gio, and some mam.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #4
BadSeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
No problem!

The next challenge aside from finding an OEM downpipe is performing a drive cycle. Had to this once on an E60 M5, its the reason why I hesitate going catless again.

Remediation steps:
1. Install OEM DP
2. Load Stage I tune or stock tune. This will generate a bunch of error codes that will need to be cleared.
3. Let the car sit over night. Prepare for a Drive Cycle

4. I bought this device connected while driving so I can monitor in real time

Step 1: Start engine, connect scanner to OBD port, press I/M button which shows CAT, O2S & AIR in red. HCAT & EGR grayed out. The rest are green.
After 3 minutes of idle, Air goes green.

Step 2: Challenging @ 25MPH for 4 minutes without going below or above the speed guideline. Avoid streets w/stop signs & stop lights. Best to do this late at night in some areas. Pull over, turned the engine off, then on & begin the drive. Slightly before the 4 minutes is up, O2S goes green

Step 3: Pull over on the side of the fwy, turned off engine, then on & begin the drive. A little over 7 minutes the CAT goes green.

Last challenge hopefully you don't have this problem is the visual inspection. If you have aftermarket cold air intakes outside of Dinan or maybe AFE, chances are they will fail you. The will ask\look for a California Air Resources Board (CARB) sticker.

Good luck dude!!