BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-25-2022, 03:19 PM   #1
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Brixton Forged - Defective Cracked Wheel Spokes & Poor Customer Service BEWARE!

Back in 2020 I had purchased a set of Brixton Forged M53 Signature Series 3-piece wheels here on the 6-post forum from a member.

After taking the wheels off for the season and swapping over to my winter set I had noticed MULTIPLE CRACKS in BOTH my two front wheels.

I had taken the wheels to several places for repair, all had stated the same response, that this type of damage is STRUCTURAL DAMAGE AND IT CANNOT BE WELDED OR REPAIRED ONLY REPLACED. They also couldn't believe the damage they were seeing and even asked if they could take photos.

The wheels were in MINT condition, always wrapped with brand new tires (Michelin PS4S) and ceramic coated every season. They were never repaired, repainted or powder coated in any way. I've never noticed uneven tire wear and the car has always driven perfectly fine even with the cracks in place. These wheels have less than 10k miles of use since I have purchased them.

I have contacted Brixton Forged and have been speaking with Adam and Jonathan who requested that I ship my two front wheels back to them for resolution, however I still haven't received a reply after several days nor have I received the shipping labels for the wheel return.

BUYERS BEWARE- This horrendous customer service is what you should expect to receive if you make a purchase from them. I am highly disappointed in them as a company and in how they handle their customers. It seems as though BRIXTON FORGED IS PRIORITIZING DESIGN AESTHETICS AND COST SAVING OVER DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE and hence they should be held liable.

After speaking to my attorney, he assured me that this would fall under the Product Liability Laws here in the United States and that I would definitely hold a case in court. I have no intentions of bringing suit however I will not be taken advantage of.
Attached Images

Pure Turbos > SSP Clutches > AEM Meth Injection > JB4 w/BCM > DME Stage 2 > VRSF Intercoolers > DSS Axels > IPE Titanium downpipes and exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
yusoslo
Rep
Drives: ford escape

Sorry about the cracked wheels.
Seems like there is nothing, I repeat nothing to worry about.
They said ship them the wheels and they will inspect and resolve.
Your only ground to stand on is its taken "a couple days" to email you.
I am a very busy business man and sometimes it takes 4-5 day until I can sit down and clean out my voicemails and emails.

I would wait a week, ship the wheels and go from there.

The obviously have not refused repair, they want to put their own eyes on it before saying what can be done.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #3
atillathetom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bike

Bummer. https://brixtonforged.com/help/

Warranty is only good for original owner so the fact that they are willing to help is a sign of a good company. Not sure them offering to help when they don't have to is a reason to post a rant.
Appreciate 2
jjasonSU194.00
DRKNTM615.50
      02-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #4
m6NYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusoslo View Post
Sorry about the cracked wheels.
Seems like there is nothing, I repeat nothing to worry about.
They said ship them the wheels and they will inspect and resolve.
Your only ground to stand on is its taken "a couple days" to email you.
I am a very busy business man and sometimes it takes 4-5 day until I can sit down and clean out my voicemails and emails.

I would wait a week, ship the wheels and go from there.

The obviously have not refused repair, they want to put their own eyes on it before saying what can be done.
Im going to wait for their reply and take it from there, hopefully we can resolve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathetom View Post
Bummer. https://brixtonforged.com/help/

Warranty is only good for original owner so the fact that they are willing to help is a sign of a good company. Not sure them offering to help when they don't have to is a reason to post a rant.
Clearly you do not understand liability means... The purpose of this "rant" is document my interaction with them as a company.

Pure Turbos > SSP Clutches > AEM Meth Injection > JB4 w/BCM > DME Stage 2 > VRSF Intercoolers > DSS Axels > IPE Titanium downpipes and exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #5
atillathetom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bike

Litigation, lawyers, liability…you bought used wheels man. Who knows how big the pothole you hit was. If they step up and help it is completely out of goodwill. If I was doing something out of goodwill and saw you defaming my company online I would tell you to pound sand. Just something to consider. You can easily "document" your interactions via email. I see no value to doing so in a public forum. But I wish you good luck with your goodwill repair / replacement.
Appreciate 1
DRKNTM615.50
      03-04-2022, 06:21 PM   #6
paul_80eighty
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Sorry to hear about the wheels. I've heard a few negative things about Brixton Forged before - it's a shame because their designs are gorgeous. I hope everything gets resolved for you!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 07:11 PM   #7
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Wow man that sucks, thats a 2 or 3 piece wheel too. the center spoke is supposed to be forged.
, I never seen a forged wheel crack like that, if you did hit a pot hole the outer rim always bends first before the center cracking ,so the tire is actually stronger than the rim ??? ,It looks like its made of cast aluminum cracking like that,Those wheels should be made better than that your lucky you didn't get killed.
Hopefully they help you out to get it resolved, and even though there second hand that should never happen on a quality wheel, my stock wheels are second hand and there perfect and I live in NYC
Thanks for sharing
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0