BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-04-2022, 05:08 PM   #1
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Fiber Front Lip

I've been looking for a front lip for my F13 for the longest time, but wasn't a fan of the V Style carbon front lips that I've seen, and also wasn't a fan of the ones that wrap up on top of the bumper towards the left and right vents.

I prefer a rounded look on the front lip, something smooth and even. Found the Vorsteiner GTS-V and it was exactly the look I wanted but $1700 was a little rich for me, considering it will be sitting pretty damn close to the road because my car is lowered and may see rock chips, damage etc.

https://www.drivenbystyle.com/2011-2...ece-62506.html

Found this lip on eBay first, then after Googling around I found it listed for sale on this website. They went out of stock on eBay, called these guys and they said it was in stock. $309 + $119 for ground shipping to me in FL (they are based in Cali), plus taxes was what it ran me. Called in before I placed my order and managed to score a discount code amounting to $15 which was nice.

Expectations were set that it's 2-4 business days for the order to process, then probably at least a week or 2 before it showed up. I was happy to see that it arrived in 10 days flat! Delivery instructions say that it would be a signature required FedEx delivery and that I had to inspect contents and sign "damaged" if it were broken. If nobody was there to sign they were supposed to re-deliver. Of course, FedEx delivers it without a signature to my front door, so I'm praying it's not broken (will be home in 2 hours), otherwise starting a damage claim will probably be a nightmare and a half.

Will report back with real pics once I see it tonight, and update you guys on how the installation, fit & finish are once it all happens. Just thought I'd share an alternative option for anyone looking for a lip for their M6 and not wanting to pay $2k for a Vorsteiner kit / V Style knockoff from Asia.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-04-2022, 07:27 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Right on and not a bad price to pay for something that is going to be skimming over some of Florida's finest freeways. Curious how closely the CF matches the roof, if you can get a comparison pic I would sincerely appreciate it.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 07:30 PM   #3
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Right on and not a bad price to pay for something that is going to be skimming over some of Florida's finest freeways. Curious how closely the CF matches the roof, if you can get a comparison pic I would sincerely appreciate it.
Will do, and I'm in Ocala, and I'll prob never drive this car out of here lol so we actually have great road quality. I unboxed it but didn't really get any pics. Looks decent, very solid piece.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2022, 12:14 AM   #4
Mirza_7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6-GO6, M6-F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
I've been looking for a front lip for my F13 for the longest time, but wasn't a fan of the V Style carbon front lips that I've seen, and also wasn't a fan of the ones that wrap up on top of the bumper towards the left and right vents.

I prefer a rounded look on the front lip, something smooth and even. Found the Vorsteiner GTS-V and it was exactly the look I wanted but $1700 was a little rich for me, considering it will be sitting pretty damn close to the road because my car is lowered and may see rock chips, damage etc.

https://www.drivenbystyle.com/2011-2019-bmw-m6-f06-f12-f13-carbon-af-1-front-add-on-lip-under-spoiler-cfp-1-piece-62506.html

Found this lip on eBay first, then after Googling around I found it listed for sale on this website. They went out of stock on eBay, called these guys and they said it was in stock. $309 + $119 for ground shipping to me in FL (they are based in Cali), plus taxes was what it ran me. Called in before I placed my order and managed to score a discount code amounting to $15 which was nice.

Expectations were set that it's 2-4 business days for the order to process, then probably at least a week or 2 before it showed up. I was happy to see that it arrived in 10 days flat! Delivery instructions say that it would be a signature required FedEx delivery and that I had to inspect contents and sign "damaged" if it were broken. If nobody was there to sign they were supposed to re-deliver. Of course, FedEx delivers it without a signature to my front door, so I'm praying it's not broken (will be home in 2 hours), otherwise starting a damage claim will probably be a nightmare and a half.

Will report back with real pics once I see it tonight, and update you guys on how the installation, fit & finish are once it all happens. Just thought I'd share an alternative option for anyone looking for a lip for their M6 and not wanting to pay $2k for a Vorsteiner kit / V Style knockoff from Asia.
The lip on mine was on the car already when I bought it, but I was told it's probably from RW Carbon..

It actually took a beating since I owned the car and it held up pretty well; considering I'm lowered and in NY too.

I'll probably get the same one again when it's time. Price is decent and I think it looks better than the Vorsteiner lip.

I have some of their other items for the M6 too and the quality so far is good.
I was going with their GTX diffuser as well but currently put the vorsteiner on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50
      04-05-2022, 10:26 AM   #5
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Will do, and I'm in Ocala, and I'll prob never drive this car out of here lol so we actually have great road quality. I unboxed it but didn't really get any pics. Looks decent, very solid piece.
Some really good back roads up your way. I used to ride sport bike and have explored the area many times. After we graduate our daughter from HS we may sell our home in the Tampa area and move up that way. We do frequent Lake Weir a few times a year and wouldn't mine a home on the lake and my mother-in-law is retired so access to the gentlemen callers, activities and healthcare might interest her as well.

But if we stay down here I can take solace in the fact that lots of road work is being done so maybe we will have fewer issues soon.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 08:51 AM   #6
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Have had my eye on this lip for a while, too.

At first I didn't quite like my Maxton Design v.1 lip, but now that the car is lowered I feel it looks spot on, so I'm keeping that. I would also need to paint the AF piece, so more $$ that I don't have.

Still a very nice design, and I would love to see installed pics!
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 08:53 AM   #7
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Quote:
Some really good back roads up your way. I used to ride sport bike and have explored the area many times. After we graduate our daughter from HS we may sell our home in the Tampa area and move up that way. We do frequent Lake Weir a few times a year and wouldn't mine a home on the lake and my mother-in-law is retired so access to the gentlemen callers, activities and healthcare might interest her as well.

But if we stay down here I can take solace in the fact that lots of road work is being done so maybe we will have fewer issues soon.
I live like 10-15 mins from LW and went to LWHS. You can enjoy your cars out here.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 05:08 PM   #8
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I live like 10-15 mins from LW and went to LWHS. You can enjoy your cars out here.
Oh man, you were a lucky kid for sure. I grew up in the panhandle, near Pensacola, and miss the winding back country roads. LW though has a it changes in elevation, twisting roads under old oaks and some nice spots for WOT One of my neighbors and shooting buddies son and their family live out there as well. Wish I had explored the area 20 years ago.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50
      04-12-2022, 09:31 PM   #9
15Geez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

JDMSteven, I wanted to follow up to see if you could comment on the quality of the lip. Do you have any pictures to share? Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 10:33 AM   #10
15Geez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
I wanted to follow up to see if you could comment on the quality of the lip?

Also, do you have any pictures to share?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 10:38 AM   #11
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15Geez View Post
Quote:
I wanted to follow up to see if you could comment on the quality of the lip?

Also, do you have any pictures to share?
I took it out of the packaging but haven't had the time to get it installed yet, sorry! It is pretty thick and seems to be made of fiberglass. I'm curious as to how it will look on the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 01:46 PM   #12
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Bumping an old post here but very happy with the quality, fit and finish. For the price I can't complain at all.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1