09-21-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Anyone using meth?

If you have wmi installed where did you hide your tank?
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 09:54 AM   #2
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Appreciate 2
HeyKC101.50
      09-22-2022, 12:08 PM   #3
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Very nice. Did you fabricate it? Is it made from stainless or aluminum? My son is a welder and we have been contemplating making a tank but have read that WM mix may be corrosive.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 05:47 PM   #4
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

It's aluminum. The owner of the shop I get a lot of my work done at fabricated it for me as a "gift". I ran up a serious bill with him over the last couple of years on my cars, plus referred some full-build projects his way so this was his sign of appreciation.

He's been making these style tanks for years for his clients who run meth so I'm assuming it hold's well. I've personally seen no signs of corrosion.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 06:41 PM   #5
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's aluminum. The owner of the shop I get a lot of my work done at fabricated it for me as a "gift". I ran up a serious bill with him over the last couple of years on my cars, plus referred some full-build projects his way so this was his sign of appreciation.

He's been making these style tanks for years for his clients who run meth so I'm assuming it hold's well. I've personally seen no signs of corrosion.
Right on! Appreciate the info on the materials. Aluminum and shop hours are not cheap so that is a nice gift to get back from your shop.
Appreciate 1
Flo1989342.00
      09-24-2022, 09:15 PM   #6
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Hey @flo1989, can you share how you guys installed your pump and where you ran the wmi supply line?

We are doing some CAD, cardboard aided design, with the actual pump and this seemed like a good orientation and seems to maximize the volume for the tank. My son is a welder/fabricator and happens to have some 16gauge stainless on his shelf that he is will to sacrifice for Mk 1 Mod 1 stealth tank. We did all this while replacing the battery today so we haven't spent a lot of time on this yet but feel like would could get this done over the next week or two. Any details you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 12:17 PM   #7
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Looks like you guys are definitely on the right path. I like the tank design with the custom cutout for the pump. My pump and solenoid are located under my tank as well but my tank is a complete rectangle so no cut outs.

He ran my wmi lines underneath the car near the fuel line all the way to the motor. A good rule of thumb that I learned from him is that this is a "heat friendly" path to route the lines while keeping them away from the exhaust and such. I know some people run the lines through the car but I'm personally not a a fan of that.

Pretty tight underneath my tank for pics but this is the best I could get. Also posted a pic of where my controller is mounted for possible idea purposes for you. I also received this custom CF bracket as a gift as well.

Oh and I'd suggest doing some deep research on what nozzle size to use. This took a lot of trail and error for me as I originally started with Snow Performances #4 nozzles before upping it to the #6s. Much better flow as the #4 are 250ml/min VS 375ml/min for the #6 nozzles. You're using a different WMI kit so the nozzles size may vary but still something I'd pay close attention to. I've talked to some people who run even bigger but the last thing I'd want to do is hydrolock my motor. Plus I'm running e30 so I can't go too crazy here..

Good luck.

Edit: Also longer braided lines. The gran coupes are far from short so we ended up needing to get longer lines from Summit Racing. Only 30 mins away so wasn't too much of a hassle.
Appreciate 1
M6Roar85.50
      09-26-2022, 02:01 PM   #8
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looks like you guys are definitely on the right path. I like the tank design with the custom cutout for the pump. My pump and solenoid are located under my tank as well but my tank is a complete rectangle so no cut outs.

He ran my wmi lines underneath the car near the fuel line all the way to the motor. A good rule of thumb that I learned from him is that this is a "heat friendly" path to route the lines while keeping them away from the exhaust and such. I know some people run the lines through the car but I'm personally not a a fan of that.

Pretty tight underneath my tank for pics but this is the best I could get. Also posted a pic of where my controller is mounted for possible idea purposes for you. I also received this custom CF bracket as a gift as well.

Oh and I'd suggest doing some deep research on what nozzle size to use. This took a lot of trail and error for me as I originally started with Snow Performances #4 nozzles before upping it to the #6s. Much better flow as the #4 are 250ml/min VS 375ml/min for the #6 nozzles. You're using a different WMI kit so the nozzles size may vary but still something I'd pay close attention to. I've talked to some people who run even bigger but the last thing I'd want to do is hydrolock my motor. Plus I'm running e30 so I can't go too crazy here..

Good luck.

Edit: Also longer braided lines. The gran coupes are far from short so we ended up needing to get longer lines from Summit Racing. Only 30 mins away so wasn't too much of a hassle.
Thank you for the feedback. I am definitely going to run the wmi along the fuel line with a nice braided line. That is awesome that you have a summit that close to you. Did you buy it by the foot or was it a pre packaged length?

After we have it finished; I will post up the dimensions for anyone else wishing to build one or have someone fab it for you.

Spent today working on my drivers headlight. Below is a quick before and after.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 02:37 PM   #9
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

He actually just bought a ton of it because he figured he'd run into that issue again and this would save him the trip.

Nice work on the headlights. Be sure to add a very durable ceramic coating or clear coat to them to prevent that from happening anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 07:02 PM   #10
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He actually just bought a ton of it because he figured he'd run into that issue again and this would save him the trip.

Nice work on the headlights. Be sure to add a very durable ceramic coating or clear coat to them to prevent that from happening anytime soon.
Oh my lord the previous owner must have coated them because the 40 minute 3m project turned into 4 hours. I had to use a 220 grit by hand for a while to roll back the ceramic coating. I did use the 3m provided clear coat on the final step.

I may buy some in bulk as well then if they sell it by the foot. At some point in the not so distant future I plan on doing WMI on my wifes 550 as meth helps clean the intake valves and it seems to me that it is cheaper to run meth than pay for walnut blasting.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 03:48 PM   #11
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Flo1989 Did you guys use an AN4 or AN6 hose and fitting?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 09:47 AM   #12
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I had to reach out to my go-to shop for this answer because I was not sure. However they said AN4 was used.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 10:01 AM   #13
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I had to reach out to my go-to shop for this answer because I was not sure. However they said AN4 was used.
Right on. TY sir. I suspect the smaller line is used to help with the pumping and pressure. A tremendous help 🙏
Appreciate 1
Flo1989342.00
      09-28-2022, 01:51 PM   #14
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Right on. TY sir. I suspect the smaller line is used to help with the pumping and pressure. A tremendous help 🙏
Sure thing. Post some pics once you have it all dailed in.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 06:50 PM   #15
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Sure thing. Post some pics once you have it all dailed in.
Absolutely will. Once this hurricane passes and we get the house and mother in laws house sorted we are going to be right back on it.
Appreciate 1
Flo1989342.00