BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #45
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I just closed on a ZERO cost refi on a $600,000 loan at 2.99%. It's a tiny bit lower now with the market crash last week. PM me if you want his info. It's through Quicken loan. Lots of paperwork but pretty painless.

You're in California, the value of your house will mostly likely go up considerably in the long run. Consider renting it later. Houses out of state are CHEAP in comparison.

Zero cost as in no out of pocket? Or are you saying they didn't charge a single closing fee somehow?

$600k principal loan, and you got 2.99%? What terms? I feel like you left out a ton of information.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #46
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

0.8% (8 years) here in Switzerland
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 09:05 AM   #47
WeryPert1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Any of you guys pay extra on your mortgage?
It's helped me a LOT. I can't believe how my principle has dropped in the last 5-6 years.
Yessir! Extra principal payment every month, and yes it makes a huge difference.

We just re-fi'd yesterday, 15-year at 2.625%. I could have afforded a 10-year loan, it was tempting, but ultimately we decided to stick with the 15-year and make extra principal payments each month to pay it off in 10-years, anyway. The numbers work out virtually the same as long as you make that extra payment each month and this way I have peace-of-mind knowing that if I'm suddenly out of a job I am not stuck with the higher 10-year payment.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #48
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Zero cost as in no out of pocket? Or are you saying they didn't charge a single closing fee somehow?

$600k principal loan, and you got 2.99%? What terms? I feel like you left out a ton of information.
The broker picks up the cost or the loan rate is a little higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeryPert1 View Post
Yessir! Extra principal payment every month, and yes it makes a huge difference.

We just re-fi'd yesterday, 15-year at 2.625%. I could have afforded a 10-year loan, it was tempting, but ultimately we decided to stick with the 15-year and make extra principal payments each month to pay it off in 10-years, anyway. The numbers work out virtually the same as long as you make that extra payment each month and this way I have peace-of-mind knowing that if I'm suddenly out of a job I am not stuck with the higher 10-year payment.
That's an AMAZING rate. Who was that through?
I'd refi again for that rate!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0