05-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #1783
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I got a good sized one, might be a tight fit if that's only half of your collection. Here is a quick pic with just a few guns and ammo loaded up to showcase the lighting kit I installed (and removal of long gun door storage rack).

Edit: I'm also going to move it inside the house shortly, I just recently got it and it won't be staying in the garage!
What is the lighting kit you used?

I've got an magnetic LED light in there, but it still sucks.

I designed my house and had it built about 10 years ago. I wasn't thinking about it then, but should have built a room onto the closet out of solid block and used a vault door. I'm close to needing a bigger safe....
      05-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #1784
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
That's a concern I had. We are planning to add on to the house next year and I'm trying to convince her to let me put a safe in there. I will need a huge one though
I got a good sized one, might be a tight fit if that's only half of your collection. Here is a quick pic with just a few guns and ammo loaded up to showcase the lighting kit I installed (and removal of long gun door storage rack).

Edit: I'm also going to move it inside the house shortly, I just recently got it and it won't be staying in the garage!
That's a nice setup. How many cubic feet and how much was it if you don't mind me asking
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 02:53 AM   #1785
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Just as silly. Makes 80% of the population defenseless lemmings. P
Not really...... thankfully there's simply not the need here in the UK, and as fucked up as the UK has become in the past 15 years, its still not anyway near bad enough that its even a consideration, even among the shooting community.
      05-16-2017, 06:23 AM   #1786
stooker
F80 n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 / '06 S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
I'm guessing likely based at the 'hall or next door at the 'heath...?
Yep, one of the two.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #1787
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Not really...... thankfully there's simply not the need here in the UK, and as fucked up as the UK has become in the past 15 years, its still not anyway near bad enough that its even a consideration, even among the shooting community.
Tell that to these people.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...september-2001
Or other people beaten into the hospital, car jacked, murdered, burglarized or raped.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #1788
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Tell that to these people.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...september-2001
Or other people beaten into the hospital, car jacked, murdered, burglarized or raped.
I give up......
      05-16-2017, 07:10 AM   #1789
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooker View Post
Yep, one of the two.
      05-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #1790
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Having to give up historically significant weapons, that sucks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #1791
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I give up......
Its simple. A few million crimes are foiled by legal firearm owners in the US. The murder rates are basically the same with or without guns. High profile crimes that change laws are a drop in the bucket when considered next to overall numbered of murders. Local police have told me they wish everyone without a record was carrying. This would dramatically reduce crime. States with carry laws typically have less gun crime. Carry permit holders have the lowest measurable amount of gun crime of any group including police. Politicians put up gun ownership restriction laws to get reelected and play on ignorant fears. All this does is leave criminals armed. Most gun crimes are committed by repeat offender felons. Make gun crime laws tough not ownership. Police do not protect you. They clean up the mess after you and your family is dead then try to catch the perpetrator so they don't do it again.

In England the weapon of choice shifted to chef knives after the gun grab. So now they are talking about banning those. What's next, cricket bats, lead pipes?
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      05-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #1792
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
What is the lighting kit you used?

I've got an magnetic LED light in there, but it still sucks.

I designed my house and had it built about 10 years ago. I wasn't thinking about it then, but should have built a room onto the closet out of solid block and used a vault door. I'm close to needing a bigger safe....
One lighting strip came with the safe (Browning SR37 Wide) and has 120v power (also built into safe) and a motion sensor. The one that came with the kit wasn't working so they gave me another light kit. Turns out it was just the control module so now I have a two light strips installed just for some overkill on visibility. The lighting kit is just the Browning LED kit I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
That's a nice setup. How many cubic feet and how much was it if you don't mind me asking
It is 37Cf. Browning SR37 Wide. 100min 1680 degree fire rating. I ended up paying $2,700 delivered I believe (before tax). I am not as worried about someone breaking into it so I didn't need to beef up the 11Ga steel that is standard on that model which kept the price down.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      05-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #1793
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That is great if you feel safe without one. I don't expect to eve need to use mine here in Iowa but I'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around.

I think they are more necessary here in the US for when Trump hits his 8 years and wants 4 more. Gotta be able to keep our government in check and having the population armed to the teeth is a good way to start.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #1794
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

Anybody in North East collect L C Smith? I have one , just sent for the factory letter to confirm configuration. According to serial number should have been produced in 1923, it is a field grade hammer-less , double trigger, not sure on gauge or choke (hence the letter.) Took it to a local gun shop they say it is in 70 percent original condition. This was my Dads , he passed away in 1980 and it has been in my closet since. Once I get further details and can fix a value will be looking to sell. If interested please PM, Thanks Tom.
      05-16-2017, 01:06 PM   #1795
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
One lighting strip came with the safe (Browning SR37 Wide) and has 120v power (also built into safe) and a motion sensor. The one that came with the kit wasn't working so they gave me another light kit. Turns out it was just the control module so now I have a two light strips installed just for some overkill on visibility. The lighting kit is just the Browning LED kit I believe.
I have some Amazon LED strips that are super bright, just need to figure out a switch so they come on when the door is opened.
      05-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #1796
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

I have a Benelli Cordoba shot gun which i've owned for some time now. 7 years maybe... The stock and fore end are getting a bit sticky. I emailed Benelli about it and they responded asking for my address telling me the parts would ship out immediately. Received the stock yesterday and the fore end should be shipping in a week once back in stock.

I went to their website to see how to remove the stock and saw that they sell replacement stocks and fore ends for $450 and $120 respectively. Very happy i didn't have to buy replacements!
      05-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #1797
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

Here IN Canadia land we can not have guns except if you are a farmer and kill sheepps or wolves etc.

I thought it would be plenty good to have a gun for defence of my homes , in case of an intruder.

Knowing (shhhh dont tell) I managed to buy one from a nice man, he said it would be good to stop anyone coming in, including an elephant !

Not seen many Elephants here in Toronto, but then you never know.

My question is, is it best to keep in under me bed or locked in a cubboard
Problem is if it is locked up, at 3am I would have to fumble with keys.

Then maybe I would be killed dead by an intruder OR said Elephant. hahaha

I also want to practice on this gun, as I have never shot before.
So I need to try and find a nice quiet place and maybe somone who can teach me to shoot

Anyways !

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #1798
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
Here IN Canadia land we can not have guns except if you are a farmer and kill sheepps or wolves etc.

I thought it would be plenty good to have a gun for defence of my homes , in case of an intruder.

Knowing (shhhh dont tell) I managed to buy one from a nice man, he said it would be good to stop anyone coming in, including an elephant !

So I need to try and find a nice quiet place and maybe somone who can teach me to shoot

Anyways !

Thanks
Hmmm....

No kids in your house or guests in your bedroom, keep it under the bed. if kids in the house or people in and out of your room, you may want to keep it locked up, pull it out at night, lock it back up in the morning.

Practice with south of the border.

If you shoot a burglar, don't you go to jail?
jaye9441007.00
      05-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #1799
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

Mr. Tonka,
I have kids and a wife, not worried about wife TBH, really to safeguard the little ones

and to be clear it is for the self-defense against elephants ?
but thinking, If I kill an Elephant, could I still go to Jail ?

South of the border? DO you mean Brampton ? <that's an in joke >

Quote:
If you shoot a burglar, don't you go to jail?
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      05-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #1800
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
I have a Benelli Cordoba shot gun which i've owned for some time now. 7 years maybe... The stock and fore end are getting a bit sticky. I emailed Benelli about it and they responded asking for my address telling me the parts would ship out immediately. Received the stock yesterday and the fore end should be shipping in a week once back in stock.

I went to their website to see how to remove the stock and saw that they sell replacement stocks and fore ends for $450 and $120 respectively. Very happy i didn't have to buy replacements!
Whoa, are you saying Benelli shipped you out the parts for free?!? If so that's amazing! I'm keeping my M4 even if I become homeless some day, I'd sell everything I own before my trusty M4!

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #1801
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Anyways !

Thanks
I hope you are joking or you have your PAL. From one Canadian to another.

Good luck practicing anywhere but a range, and then you better have your PAL and ATT if it is restricted. Just go to Target Sports (or whatever it is) in Stouffville - they'll "rent" you guns to practice with.

Oh - and not entirely true about not being allowed guns in this country. Just absurdly difficult and a long time consuming process. But once you get through the hoops initially, you can buy as many as you want with very little wait times.
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00
jaye9441007.00
      05-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #1802
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Whoa, are you saying Benelli shipped you out the parts for free?!? If so that's amazing! I'm keeping my M4 even if I become homeless some day, I'd sell everything I own before my trusty M4!
Yep, no questions asked. Just what was the serial number and my address. Boom, parts show up in the mail.
PINeely1085.50
      05-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #1803
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Anyways !

Thanks
Really best for you to decide. I keep mine next to the bed. No little kids though.
Appreciate 1
jaye9441007.00
      05-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #1804
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have some Amazon LED strips that are super bright, just need to figure out a switch so they come on when the door is opened.
Mine is based off a proximity sensor (only on when the door is open, otherwise door is in top of the sensor).

It would be similar to a proximity sensor switch from Amazon. Otherwise you could also do a momentary button switch if you don't mind drilling a small hole in the jamb of your safe.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00