BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #1
Bmw_6
Rep
Drives: Bmw 6

N63 coolant leak after engine replacement recall

Hi all,

Question about n63 engine recall, I had engine replaced by BMW and have coolant leak after 1k miles.

Does the replacement engine come with new water pump and thermostat or they reused old ones?

Regarding coolant lines, I see that coolant lines for turbos look brand new, but not sure about other, should they all be replaced when the engine was replaced?

The leak is on the left side, about one foot to the right from the left wheel and about 1.5-2 ft from the front of the car. I cannot see any leaks anywhere, but I see drops on the garage floor on that location. I looked at the front of the engine where the water pump is and everything looks very clean no leaks anywhere. After several short drives, the level at the left coolant reservoir goes below max and I have to top it off. The center turbo coolant reservoir is always at the max.

Any ideas where the leak might be and what would be the best way to detect it? Is it ok to use due kit to add dye to the coolant and what would be the recommended kit?

Thank you
Appreciate 0