BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-15-2024, 02:15 AM   #1
1eyebandit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Convertible

Signs of concern?

Is this something to be concerned about. Should I replace the coolant lines?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 07:28 AM   #2
TGrits10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i GC

Short answer yes, these turbo coolant lines are notorious for the rubber hoses degrading and leaking at the connection points, and also the plastic tees sometimes cracking. There's also another coolant line connection further down and harder to see that experiences the same issue. There are a few threads floating around that go into a lot of detail about the parts involved and solutions that don't require forking over 4 figures to the dealership, hopefully someone will come along to link to those, I'm got a full work day ahead of me.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 05:48 PM   #3
1eyebandit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Convertible

Hello, bringing this back up. Can someone shed some light on the hoses I need to replace? TIA
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 08:36 AM   #4
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

What sort of light are you looking for? Are you looking for part numbers or are you looking for info about alternatives to factory parts? For part numbers, go to RealOEM.com and plug in the last 7 places of your VIN. They have very clear parts diagrams and you will be able to identify the correct hoses by how they look. Paste the numbers into Google and you will get places that sell them and prices. They are sold as complete assemblies, not just the rubber parts. If you run searches on this forum for things like "turbo coolant lines" or "leaking coolant lines" you will come across threads where people bought brass "Ts" at the hardware store and replaced the plastic factory Ts, and replaced the lines with blue silicone hoses. I personally would use original parts. If you are doing this yourself, familiarize yourself with the coolant system bleeding process on a BMW. It self bleeds, but you have to know how to trigger the cycle.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 08:55 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyebandit View Post
Hello, bringing this back up. Can someone shed some light on the hoses I need to replace? TIA
Google this phrase “ BMW n63tu coolant lines”. You should get multiple results…some videos, some vendors selling coolant hose kits, and some past threads that discuss the topic with tips, suggestion, recommendations, and their personal experiences.

Don’t get hung up if the old threads are about a f10 5 series, f01 7 series, or f06/f12/f13 6 series…because they share the same n63tu engine and coolant lines.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0