BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-06-2021, 07:35 PM   #1
IIMisterII
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i GC

Garage List
Bimmerlink Data Logs / BM3 Misfires

Hey All,

I've been having issues with misfires on my 2013 650i GC (58k miles) occurring every few months. I have had my car tuned with BootMod3 Stage 1 91 Octane since about 48k miles (for about 8 months now) and have had this issue since I have put the tune on the car. I replaced the plugs with NGK Iridium 1-step colder plugs gapped at .024 before putting the tune on the car, as well as replacing the coils. I don't understand why this issue is still occurring and since I don't have access to a laptop to log the car with BM3 anymore, I resorted to using Bimmerlink's data logging to try and see if I could find out the cause of the issue. I don't really know what is causing it as I'm not very knowledgeable in reading data logs and new to all this tbh.

If someone more knowledgeable wouldn't mind taking a look at the logs I have attached and letting me know if you see anything that stands out? All logs are done in 4th gear from about 2500/3000 to about 6500 rpm sport+ mode. The third log a misfire in cylinder 5 occurred. Restarting the car and clearing the code got rid of the DTM/Check Engine light/error.

Thank you for your time.
Attached Files
File Type: txt First-Pull.txt (17.8 KB, 147 views)
File Type: txt Second-Pull.txt (16.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: txt Third-Pull-Misfire-Occurs.txt (21.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: txt Last-Pull.txt (6.5 KB, 35 views)
Appreciate 0