BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #23
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
That's all I got from Dynojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
These SAE corrected numbers? The non corrected numbers are higher than SAE which is what the dyno jet should be corrected to
You can ask the Dyno operator for the drf file for you dyno runs. You can download the WINpep software from Dynojet's website and you can toggle the correction factors and smoothing yourself on the dyno runs...along with a bunch of other information that was datalogged.

It looks like the STD correction factor was close to the uncorrected (raw) dyno #'s as the correction factors were 1.00 (no correction) and 1.01 (1% correction). I don't imagine in this instance the SAE correction #'s would be more than 5whp difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #24
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
I will be dynoing my car again at EAS to compare it against my stock base line dyno chart.

See the thing is with these piggyback units the hp + torque numbers are all over the place being inconsistent.

579 to 622 is a 43 hp in power difference not only that the torque going from 520 to 576 alone is a 56 lb difference and that was shown on not even the highest hp read.

Karim try next time with full MS109 Octane from VP Fuel you get from a 5 gallon can like I did.

Are you also running the older software before March 3rd release or new?

The older software 1 psi over = 1.44 just so you know.

So when I did my dyno run on MS109 I was at 4.5 max which equivalents to 6.48 lol *DOH*

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #25
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
LSM - Unfortunately the STD #'s already read higher on dynojets lol

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #26
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLeeBMW View Post
I will be dynoing my car again at EAS to compare it against my stock base line dyno chart.

See the thing is with these piggyback units the hp + torque numbers are all over the place being inconsistent.

579 to 622 is a 43 hp in power difference not only that the torque going from 520 to 576 alone is a 56 lb difference and that was shown on not even the highest hp read.

Karim try next time with full MS109 Octane from VP Fuel you get from a 5 gallon can like I did.

Are you also running the older software before March 3rd release or new?

The older software 1 psi over = 1.44 just so you know.

So when I did my dyno run on MS109 I was at 4.5 max which equivalents to 6.48 lol *DOH*
I use older BMS firmware, so 2.5 is fine. New update changes the value, +3psi on the new one = +2.5 on the older one.

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #27
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
You can ask the Dyno operator for the drf file for you dyno runs. You can download the WINpep software from Dynojet's website and you can toggle the correction factors and smoothing yourself on the dyno runs...along with a bunch of other information that was datalogged.

It looks like the STD correction factor was close to the uncorrected (raw) dyno #'s as the correction factors were 1.00 (no correction) and 1.01 (1% correction). I don't imagine in this instance the SAE correction #'s would be more than 5whp difference.
It is a big difference. I hit 590Whp and 545 wlb/ft SAE corrected. Uncorrected the HP at the wheels was 604, dont remember what the torque was..This was with only BMS set at 2.25 and charcoal filter delete, no mods other than that. I believe uncorrected is 3% higher or thereabouts
      04-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #28
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
It is a big difference. I hit 590Whp and 545 wlb/ft SAE corrected. Uncorrected the HP at the wheels was 604, dont remember what the torque was..This was with only BMS set at 2.25 and charcoal filter delete, no mods other than that. I believe uncorrected is 3% higher or thereabouts
~4% is common
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #29
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Look at the dyno coefficients he just posted.. It is only correcting 1% for the STD correction. Look at the ambient conditions 57 deg, 29.41 barometer and 31% humidity. The SAE correction deviation in this instance should be minimal. STD correction layers elevation on top of the SAE correction and is an input by the dyno operator. Normally it could lead to a couple of % difference, but in this instance the ambient temps are very mild and I doubt that SAE numbers will be more than 5whp.It isn't a constant difference that you are alluding to. If you dyno on a particularly cold day, (colder than the "ideal" target of SAE correction) the uncorrected dyno numbers will be higher than SAE and vice versa on a warm day. But the biggest factor will be what the dyno operator input for the elevation. Some use that to pump up the #'s to keep customers happy, but that is only for the STD #'s and has no bearing on the SAE #'s. I believe the OP is in a low elevation area (under 1k'), so unless the dyno operator tried to fudge the elevation, the numbers wont be all that different.

Last edited by Tom C; 04-25-2014 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #30
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Look at the dyno coefficients he just posted.. It is only correcting 1% for the STD correction. Look at the ambient conditions 57 deg, 29.41 barometer and 31% humidity. The SAE correction deviation in this instance should be minimal. STD correction layers elevation on top of the SAE correction and is an input by the dyno operator. Normally it could lead to a couple of % difference, but in this instance the ambient temps are very mild and I doubt that SAE numbers will be more than 5whp.It isn't a constant difference that you are alluding to. If you dyno on a particularly cold day, (colder than the "ideal" target of SAE correction) the uncorrected dyno numbers will be higher than SAE and vice versa on a warm day. But the biggest factor will be what the dyno operator input for the elevation. Some use that to pump up the #'s to keep customers happy, but that is only for the STD #'s and has no bearing on the SAE #'s. I believe the OP is in a low elevation area (under 1k'), so unless the dyno operator tried to fudge the elevation, the numbers wont be all that different.
Thanks for the info, I didnt know the majority of what you said in this post ...In my instance the uncorrected was much higher than the SAE corrected. I saw the uncorrected is like 101% and SAE was either 97 or 98%. I was at low elevation and similar temps and the difference was 3% with the numbers I posted being SAE, 3% lower than uncorrected
      04-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #31
BTF13M6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

I talked with a tuner today about their program.

He said that they have returned 530-545 WHP off of every M5 or M6 that they have dynoed prior to tuning.

Has anyone here dynoed prior to mods to see if this is a fair number?

Has anyone on here used ECU Tuning Group?

20" ADV.1 5.0 MV1SL with Pirelli Pzero's
Custom Painted Grill, side markers and tinted front reflectors, Dinan Stage 1.
Appreciate 0