BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forums > BMW 6-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Talk

12-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
mithund
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i GT

New 640i GT XDrive - Looking for those cool features?!

After a harrowing 5 year break, I am back to owning a BMW. Coming from a fully loaded 2007 335i to a 640i GT XDrive is very exciting. And, I am realizing there are so many cool (dare I say, hidden) features that I'd love to explore.

3D View, Sending POIs to the car via the BMW Connected App, Parking views, the ability to write on the iDrive knob, etc are the ones that I have discovered so far.

So what other cool features am I missing? I am sure there are a ton more.

Looking forward to enjoying this car even more with your help

Thanks y'all!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 05:57 AM   #2
TheUKDave
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i GT M-Sport X-Drive

I've had mine now for 3 months, and I just discovered over the weekend, a feature I didn't know existed.

You can set the heated seats to automatically turn on when below a temperature of your choosing.

I also love the sport dials, but wish they came on automagically when put into sport mode - although it is just a click away.

I also recently found out that there's a 'skill' for alexa to talk to BMWs, so you can say "Alexa, tell my BMW to lock the doors" and (with luck) it'll respond with "Your BMWs doors are already locked". You can control everything with alexa that the ConnectedDrive app can, so ventilation, locking doors/windows, checking range, etc.

I mean, there's so many toys on that car, it's hard to know where to start. I do also like how you can configure the HUD and digital dash together, so you can say what you want appearing where (e.g. track lists and phone numbers either on the HUD or dash).
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 11:16 AM   #3
mbarrett635
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUKDave View Post
I've had mine now for 3 months, and I just discovered over the weekend, a feature I didn't know existed.

You can set the heated seats to automatically turn on when below a temperature of your choosing.

I also love the sport dials, but wish they came on automagically when put into sport mode - although it is just a click away.

I also recently found out that there's a 'skill' for alexa to talk to BMWs, so you can say "Alexa, tell my BMW to lock the doors" and (with luck) it'll respond with "Your BMWs doors are already locked". You can control everything with alexa that the ConnectedDrive app can, so ventilation, locking doors/windows, checking range, etc.

I mean, there's so many toys on that car, it's hard to know where to start. I do also like how you can configure the HUD and digital dash together, so you can say what you want appearing where (e.g. track lists and phone numbers either on the HUD or dash).
How do you set the temperature for the heated seats to come on? I've dug around in the settings, but can't seem to find it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
balasa0731
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 640GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarrett635 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUKDave View Post

How do you set the temperature for the heated seats to come on? I've dug around in the settings, but can't seem to find it. Thanks!
It should be under My vehicle > Vehicle settings > Climate functions
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
balasa0731
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 640GT

Please remove
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #6
balasa0731
Private