BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
bvss
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cadillac CTS-V

Booster seat for 650 CV

First off, new 650x convertible owner here- and I found so much info from searching this forum that I didn't need to ask a single question here throughout the research and purchase process. So thank you all for that.

Now that I've got (and love) the car, does anyone have a recommendation on a kid's booster seat? My wife is having trouble finding something that will fit under the fixed rear headrests. Kid is 40lbs.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 04:22 AM   #2
elvisisdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 MSport 2013/09

It's a problem, I've got a cheap britax in mine, it's started to mold itself to the seat. It's not great but the expensive seats we've got in the family motor leave a fist size gap between the seat back and the car seat due to the headrest. It's a poor design for a vehicle that was designed to be more practical (f06).

Like you say a booster seat would work without this issue and the bucket nature of the seat would probably work ok to hold them in, my misses was keen for the kids to have side bolsters, not sure given the nature of the seat and headrest that the kids are any safer with the side bolsters if I'm honest.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i. BMW Z4,01 Bullitt

So you don’t ruin your seats, use a seat protector under your car seat. I bought 2 of these Prince Lionheart® 2-Stage Seatsavers. I use 2 of the back rests to make sure I cover the seats headrest.

I’m currently using the http://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/Nauti...ar-seat-103533

Last edited by Derekz4; 08-04-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #4
bvss
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cadillac CTS-V

Great, thanks so much!
Appreciate 0