BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #45
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

In regards to the 3rd brake light...win goes to the GC. I find it more interesting than the small 3rd brake light found on the vert’s and coupe’s trunk lid like many other vehicles.

And the GC’s rear “pass thru” rear seats (fold down) are interesting...but I was always curious as to why they only have one design. If you’re in Europe or other markets that got offered the front sport seats...then the rear seats “match” on the GC. But if you live in a market (like the US market) where the comfort front seats are standard equipment...then visually the front seats and rear seats have mismatched headrests.

The verts & coupes have rectangular rear headrests that match the rectangular headrests of the comfort seats.

The 1st pic below is the f06/f12/f13 front sport seats (not available in the US market)...but note how they match the rear headrests found in the f06 GC (2nd pic). In. The 3rd pic below you can see the GC’s front comfort seats with the standard fold down rear seats where the headrests don’t match:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 04-06-2020 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #46
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Hmm, never notice until you just said it that the GC does not have the third brake light in the trunk lid. So the coupe rear seats are somehow more finished, or you just don't care about the rear seat in the coupe?
the coupe reat seats kust looks more appealing to me. yea ots small and not roomy but the reat seats of the grand coupe doesnt looks as good and the f10 5 series or any other bmw i have seen

im more so talking about the seat bottom the stitching. the lines are not of the usual bmw styles in the past

those two feature made me get the coupe. i dont have kids. even if i did i thats what the wife/ gf cars are for. they usually have sedans and suvs

also still have my e34
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #47
bimmer12
Private
Rep
Drives: F06 650xi GC

As much as I like the coupe's design overall, I'm also of the opinion that the small 3rd brake light doesn't go too well with the car. Not an eye sore by any means, but I think they could've done something better considering how beautiful the rest of the car is. Perhaps that's partially due to recent design trends on 3rd brake lights, which would also be a shame considering how well the rest of the design holds up, and probably will continue to hold up.

I'm not particularly fond of the implementation in the GC either, but if I had to pick one, I prefer the GC when it comes to the 3rd brake light. Placement aside, I think the size goes better with the car.
Appreciate 1
city1991230.00
      04-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #48
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
In regards to the 3rd brake light...win goes to the GC. I find it more interesting that the small 3rd brake light found on the vert’s and coupe’s trunk lid like many other vehicles.

And the GC’s rear “pass thru” rear seats (fold down) are interesting...but I was always curious as to why they only have one design. If you’re in Europe or other markets that got offered the front sport seats...then the rear seats “match” on the GC. But if you live in a market (like the US market) where the comfort front seats are standard equipment...then visually the front seats and rear seats have mismatched headrests.

The verts & coupes have rectangular rear headrests that match the rectangular headrests of the comfort seats.

The 1st pic below is the f06/f12/f13 front sport seats (not available in the US market)...but note how they match the rear headrests found in the f06 GC (2nd pic). In. The 3rd pic below you can see the GC’s front comfort seats with the standard fold down rear seats where the headrests don’t match:

wait so my front bolster seats are comfort seats and not sport seats?

Dam those front "Sport" seats looks nice as hell
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #49
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e38740imd View Post
wait so my front bolster seats are comfort seats and not sport seats?

Dam those front "Sport" seats looks nice as hell
If you have the upper articulating back (see #4 in pic below of seat control module)...then you have the 22-way comfort seats.
  • 4-way lumbar support
  • 2-way side bolster support
  • 2-way upper articulating back support
  • 2-way seat back movement
  • 2-way headrest movement
  • 8-way seat bottom movement (fore/aft...up/down...front tilt up/down...rear tilt up/down)
  • 2-way extending thigh support
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 04:49 PM   #50
TGG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
Quote:
Hmm, never notice until you just said it that the GC does not have the third brake light in the trunk lid. So the coupe rear seats are somehow more finished, or you just don't care about the rear seat in the coupe?
I actually love the brake light on the gc, that it looks like a small roof spoiler, (I had added an AC Schnitzer style to get a similar but more pronounced effect on my E60 535i many years ago).

And to me, the quality of the gc rear seats is just too nice to cart my 2 or 6 year old in on the regular, making me realize that I just love this car too much... maybe it’s the brown Napa leather, or just that this is the most dreamy rareish car I’ve ever owned, but I think the rear luxury is on par with the rest, down to the powered sunshades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
Quote:
I actually love the brake light on the gc, that it looks like a small roof spoiler, (I had added an AC Schnitzer style to get a similar but more pronounced effect on my E60 535i many years ago).

And to me, the quality of the gc rear seats is just too nice to cart my 2 or 6 year old in on the regular, making me realize that I just love this car too much... maybe it's the brown Napa leather, or just that this is the most dreamy rareish car I've ever owned, but I think the rear luxury is on par with the rest, down to the powered sunshades.
I agree wholeheartedly with you—-much more prefer the spoiler above the rear windshield. And the four doors makes this an elongated beauty. The two doors definitely look too small for the car's length.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 05:14 PM   #51
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, ‘14 X35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with you—-much more prefer the spoiler above the rear windshield. And the four doors makes this an elongated beauty. The two doors definitely look too small for the car's length.
Yeah! And I love the contour and stitching, so plush and comfy.

I just wish the side bolsters up front squeezed a bit more... but I guess us obese Americans don’t get that support... lol. The euro sport seats look amazing.
Attached Images