BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-03-2022, 02:08 PM   #45
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

I'm in as well. Glad to see some love on the F13's
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-03-2022, 08:03 PM   #46
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben356 View Post
I'm in as well. Glad to see some love on the F13's
Let's go!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 09:40 AM   #47
AlpineM6GC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC 2024 X5 50e

Count me in if they fit the gran coupe
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-05-2022, 01:30 PM   #48
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWisBest View Post
Please shoot me a response or DM if you're interested. Let's gooooo
Interested!
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-05-2022, 01:50 PM   #49
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
Quote:
Interested!
We got 30 so far! Waiting to hear back from @frostm6 on his count. We are well on our way to a successful group order!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 08:35 PM   #50
itzjoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Interested as well, 650 here!
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-06-2022, 02:43 AM   #51
Mirza_7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6-GO6, M6-F13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
Quote:
Interested!
We got 30 so far! Waiting to hear back from @frostm6 on his count. We are well on our way to a successful group order!
Hey - any update since the last meeting?
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #52
2016 M6GC
Private
Rep
Drives: x5m

I'm in!!!!
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-06-2022, 12:02 PM   #53
Roberrtt221
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 gintani tune

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

They make so many products and parts for the the other M models but the 6 gets NO love!!!

I have been talking with Simon over at Keep Your Car Safe (KYCS) in the UK and if we can get enough of us on board, they can custom design and manufacture tail lights like the market did for the f10 M5!!!

If we can do a large group buy, then we can get the pair at close to market cost ($500- $900/pair).

I am shooting over what a properly done GTS OLED tail light for the f10 M5 looks like, as well as the superimposed lights on our beloved M6. This is the dream!

I'm definitely interested!!! Finally!!
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-06-2022, 12:06 PM   #54
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberrtt221 View Post
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

They make so many products and parts for the the other M models but the 6 gets NO love!!!

I have been talking with Simon over at Keep Your Car Safe (KYCS) in the UK and if we can get enough of us on board, they can custom design and manufacture tail lights like the market did for the f10 M5!!!

If we can do a large group buy, then we can get the pair at close to market cost ($500- $900/pair).

I am shooting over what a properly done GTS OLED tail light for the f10 M5 looks like, as well as the superimposed lights on our beloved M6. This is the dream!

Hey brother. We have 35+ here on the forum side. @Frostm6 says he has a bunch also, waiting on a head count from him. Have a convo with Simon tomorrow at 2am my time (time differences suck lol). He said our order needed to be in the 100+ to get a good factory to take the order.

This will not be a venture that materializes in the immediate future. It's likely that this whole process will take around 6 months for research, design, development, testing, manufacturing, etc.

I'm on it and will keep you guys posted!

Last edited by BMWisBest; 10-06-2022 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
HeyKC101.50
      10-07-2022, 07:02 PM   #55
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberrtt221 View Post
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Hey brother. We have 35+ here on the forum side. @Frostm6 says he has a bunch also, waiting on a head count from him. Have a convo with Simon tomorrow at 2am my time (time differences suck lol). He said our order needed to be in the 100+ to get a good factory to take the order.

This will not be a venture that materializes in the immediate future. It's likely that this whole process will take around 6 months for research, design, development, testing, manufacturing, etc.

I'm on it and will keep you guys posted!
Update:

Spoke with @frostm6 on IG. He has 39 m6 owners interested in the lights so far. We are at 74 m6 owners wanting these lights just in our networks!

Spoke to Simon at KYCS UK, who will be handling design, tooling, and working with the factory to manufacture the lights.

Essentially, we need to do an initial run of these lights to make sure they function property. The factory wants $6k to do this for us. What we need is 9 people (I am the 10th) to pay $600/per person for a set of initial run tail lights. This will be paid directly to KYCS UK, not me. They are a reputable Auto Electrical company specializing in custom lighting, specifically head and tail lights for BMWs. They have a 4.7 star rating out of 42 reviews on Google.

Those who purchase this initial run will need to monitor the lights both in warm and cold weather, continually checking brake lights, blinkers, reverse lights for a month or 2 to make sure that everything is working properly.

Once we have had proper testing, we will send the feedback to the factory to make any tweaks necessary in order to get to final production stage. Retail cost should be around $800- $900 for the final production stage set of tail lights, and will come with a 1 year warranty!!

Those who purchase the initial run tail lights will get the retail set for free once they are complete, while others will have to pay full retail.

Simon is working with the factory to confirm the details so it could be a bit before we are ready to order the initial run. Let me know if you're in with me. My $600 is ready 😈
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:06 PM   #56
M6-1989
Rep
Drives: 2013 m6

Quote:
Update:

Spoke with @frostm6 on IG. He has 39 m6 owners interested in the lights so far. We are at 74 m6 owners wanting these lights just in our networks!

Spoke to Simon at KYCS UK, who will be handling design, tooling, and working with the factory to manufacture the lights.

Essentially, we need to do an initial run of these lights to make sure they function property. The factory wants $6k to do this for us. What we need is 9 people (I am the 10th) to pay $600/per person for a set of initial run tail lights. This will be paid directly to KYCS UK, not me. They are a reputable Auto Electrical company specializing in custom lighting, specifically head and tail lights for BMWs. They have a 4.7 star rating out of 42 reviews on Google.

Those who purchase this initial run will need to monitor the lights both in warm and cold weather, continually checking brake lights, blinkers, reverse lights for a month or 2 to make sure that everything is working properly.

Once we have had proper testing, we will send the feedback to the factory to make any tweaks necessary in order to get to final production stage. Retail cost should be around $800- $900 for the final production stage set of tail lights, and will come with a 1 year warranty!!

Those who purchase the initial run tail lights will get the retail set for free once they are complete, while others will have to pay full retail.

Simon is working with the factory to confirm the details so it could be 1-2 weeks before we are ready to order the initial run. Let me know if you're in with me. My $600 is ready ��
Im down, put me on the list, my $600 is ready! Paypal ready. Once this go thru, we should have them make a set of headlights. =P
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-07-2022, 09:14 PM   #57
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-1989 View Post
Quote:
Update:

Simon is working with the factory to confirm the details so it could be 1-2 weeks before we are ready to order the initial run. Let me know if you're in with me. My $600 is ready 😈
Im down, put me on the list, my $600 is ready! Paypal ready.
Bro that is amazing!!

I don't know if it's PayPal, card, or whatever but it will be paid to KYCS UK so we will figure it out when the time comes.

This has been really fun tbh, seeing so many people that have the same dream for this product as I do. Im PUMPED haha
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:33 PM   #58
M6-1989
Rep

Quote:
Bro that is amazing!!

I don't know if it's PayPal, card, or whatever but it will be paid to KYCS UK so we will figure it out when the time comes.

This has been really fun tbh, seeing so many people that have the same dream for this product as I do. Im PUMPED haha
Sounds good! We do need brighter headlights. Our headlights isnt up to bar with newer cars these days. Anybody knows how to make our headlight brighter? Pm me the info if you guys do.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:47 PM   #59
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Bro that is amazing!!

Sounds good! We do need brighter headlights. Our headlights isnt up to bar with newer cars these days. Anybody knows how to make our headlight brighter? Pm me the info if you guys do.

Thanks
I'm not going to lie, the next thing I'm going to try to do is looking to find a way to retrofit laser headlight internals into my cars existing housing...we will see how that goes tho 😂. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:50 PM   #60
M6-1989
Rep

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, the next thing I'm going to try to do is looking to find a way to retrofit laser headlight internals into my cars existing housing...we will see how that goes tho 😂. [IMG][/IMG]
that would be f-en amazing. Let me know when you get to it.
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      10-07-2022, 09:51 PM   #61
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
that would be f-en amazing. Let me know when you get to it.
Will do!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 10:31 PM   #62
BMWisBest
Private First Class
Rep

Alright we've got 4 out of ten down for 10 pair initial run, let's gooo
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 02:02 AM   #63
reggie01se
Private