BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
License plate bumper holes

Unfortunately dealer drilled 4 holes into the bumper for the license plate that just looks henious! Was hoping for some elegant solutions, but after scouring through every post on this forum (and possibly the internet) on how to fix bumper holes, seems like having a body shop patch/repaint the bumper is the best way to go.

Kudos to some nifty DIY attempts, and the Bumperplugs business, but with 4 holes, either solution seemed like it would end up looking ghastly. I found a thread where one guy with a Dakkar yellow car who was doing a very promising DIY job, but apparently as he was waiting for his bondo to dry up, he got into an accident, which lead him to scrap his bumper hole project. Ughh.

So, hoping that I can find a body shop that has some effective ways to do it without me having to spend one of my arms on it. I also have some Vorteiner style CF splitter, side skirts and diffuser coming in, so I guess I can just have the shop do all of that at once.

Unless anyone has any other ideas that I have completely missed?
      03-14-2019, 02:39 AM   #2
dclin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: FD3S

If you are looking for the clean look, there really isn't any alternative other than to refinish the bumper. You could wrap the car, but that would be pretty expensive, and you would still have to fill and smooth the holes.

If you do fill the holes, I would insist on the body shop using either a urethane plastic welding kit https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...6118_200626118, or some sort of flexible filler like https://www.amazon.com/xpst-4008-Fle.../dp/B005Y2KM4S or https://www.amazon.com/FLEX-FILLER-F.../dp/B0002JKE50

Basically some sort of flexible filler. Regular bondo may just crack down the road.
Appreciate 0