BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-15-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
mastatikle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 M6 GC Comp

Excessive inner tire wear solution? Kmac

I run Michelin Cup 2ís and Iím tuned to about 620whp right now. I donít drive my car hard at all (15mpg+ at any time in city) and my tires are showing cords after like 10k miles On the inner side and look like 50% tread left on the outside. Iím going to try and find the alignment sheet but Iím pretty sure it was ďmaxed outĒ at like -1.0Xį. Iím sure if I had even tire wear Iíd get at least another 5kmiles out of them plus I couldnít imagine the added traction. Does -1į of camber really impact tire wear that much? And the tech said the factory adjustment doesnít do camber, only toe, so I was going to buy ďKMacs camber adjustment bushings to see if those work. Any experience with those? Itís just annoying buying $1200 tires twice a year. I avoid driving the car hard so I donít have to that 3x a year lmao
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
mikerx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06

Garage List
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Is it rears only? I've had issues before on other bmw models where adjusting won't fix it anymore, it's only a part replacement that will do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #3
mastatikle
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Is it rears only? I've had issues before on other bmw models where adjusting won't fix it anymore, it's only a part replacement that will do the trick.
Yeah I only noticed it in the rears and itís both of them, I made an appointment to get an alignment check tomorrow. Iím always in comfort suspension mode too so when I do get on it, the suspension probably just collapses and adds more camber wear. The KMAC kit is supposed to add adjustability +/- 1į of camber whole oem only does toe, I donít know the accuracy of that statement. But before I spend 500+ install on two little bushings I want to make sure they work how I want them too lol. What part replacement will do the trick? Iíll probably replace other bushings too with oem since things will be apart anyways.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
mikerx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06

Garage List
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Ball joint boots maybe? I dont recall unfortunately - I was chewing tires and the alignment and toe did nothing... I was at around 70k miles however and I had an indy handle it -
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
2th Dctr
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

My car is doing the same thing. Had alignment done twice and new rear wheels. Only had the car for 10K miles so I'll keep you up to date. Never been scared to drive a car b/c of excessive tire wear before
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
mastatikle
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th Dctr View Post
My car is doing the same thing. Had alignment done twice and new rear wheels. Only had the car for 10K miles so I'll keep you up to date. Never been scared to drive a car b/c of excessive tire wear before
I did a little research and the kmac will not do too much maybe a little for toe adjustment. I donít know if a bushing is worn out or what but I donít want to tear the whole rear apart replacing good items. Iím more than like just going to have the fab shop that builds my race cars build me a custom set of control arms so I can have full control over camber and actually plant the tires. Because when you launch or use excessive throttle the suspension compressed and increase negative camber and inner tire wear..
Appreciate 0