BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-20-2021, 10:55 PM   #1
Charka
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i gran coupe

Garage List
Help on changing front brakes on 650iGC

Hi there, I am planning on changing my front brakes, I have got as far as removing the dust covers on the calipers, can someone please inform me the correct size Allen socket to remove the bolts( I have a bunch of Allen keys but none appear to be the correct size)..thanks in advance..cheers Ross
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 02:16 AM   #2
gjohnsen
Private
Rep
Drives: 640D Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charka View Post
Hi there, I am planning on changing my front brakes, I have got as far as removing the dust covers on the calipers, can someone please inform me the correct size Allen socket to remove the bolts( I have a bunch of Allen keys but none appear to be the correct size)..thanks in advance..cheers Ross
I believe it is 9mm. There are a lot of tutorials on Youtube how to change the brakes. PS. The dust covers can be a pain to put on if you dont know how to do it. And DONT lube the guide pins..Good luck.
Appreciate 0