BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

12-04-2021, 04:46 PM   #441
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I don't think you understand my point.

My point is, that if you loathe someone, that someone should be the last person to influence your choice on subjects that are totally unrelated to that person.
I mean M-power Belgium and M5Rick don't have a direct connection to Max Verstappen or Red Bull Racing; they don't speak for them, so it makes no sense in objective terms to base your opinion on Max Verstappen or Red Bull Racing because M-power Belgium and M5Rick post things you happen not to like.

Like I said: if they post things about why steaks taste better than schnitzel, you stop eating steak and start eating schnitzel?
That doesnt make sense in objective terms.
Yes I get that, and you are absolutely correct.

However, you can't just call chappers out and not the others as well (they too hate hamilton). Because that wouldn't be holding everyone to the same standards you set out.
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #442
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
I'm talking about YOU...
Well then you should check my username !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60016.50
DrFerry6728.50
      12-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #443
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I didn't said anything , the words came from the Dutch Orange Army .

BTW : Harassed is still better than been killed under the hands of the HAM preachers ..
You missed the beat up part, I believe you also said lewis wouldn't leave Zandvoort alive if he and max crashed there.

So yeah... I don't see any lewis fans saying they'd kill Max, but I see max fans saying they'd kill Lewis. So projection?

Either way this is a topic I'd like to avoid since it is against everything f1 is about.
irunalot1518.00
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #444
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I didn't said anything , the words came from the Dutch Orange Army .

BTW : Harassed is still better than been killed under the hands of the HAM preachers ..
The engineer now making things up as he goes along, what next from his fairy tale book.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 04:58 PM   #445
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
'I must not write things until I know what I'm talking about' hahaha
Priceless
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 4
F87source7247.00
Steeler2428.50
irunalot1518.00
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #446
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Priceless
Another 100 lines for you 'I must write all of the quote out'
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #447
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The engineer now making things up as he goes along, what next from his fairy tale book.
Oh you mean the Japanese engineer that Mpower gets his info from, who knows maybe he will say that Mercedes hacked Max's car causing the brakes to lock up.
irunalot1518.00
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #448
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Another 100 lines for you 'I must write all of the quote out'
Can I not have six of the best instead...please?
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 1
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 05:21 PM   #449
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

I wonder if max's gearbox is ok. It's crazy how those impacts don't look too bad but they just damage gearboxes.
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 05:24 PM   #450
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Oh you mean the Japanese engineer that Mpower gets his info from, who knows maybe he will say that Mercedes hacked Max's car causing the brakes to lock up.
You're so funny sometimes.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 05:24 PM   #451
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Interesting quali today.

Hamilton didn’t look comfortable in the car and it wasn’t underneath him in Q3 in the high speed corners, he is lucky to have pole. He didn’t push it and take risks either, could he have done should he have done …. mmmm

Max, what a lap, right up to that point he put it into the wall. It happens, but for him he should have know he was ahead and just needed to bring it home at that point. It’s a mistake that might be costly or could give him the chance to get the run on the Mercs into the first corner.

They both have the talent and I was expecting that Max was going to pull of a lap like Lewis managed in Valencia a few years ago. Must not this time a hard lesson for him.

Game on for the race still all to play for should be a good one, let’s hope it goes down to the final round.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #452
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You're so funny sometimes.

About as funny as when you guys cite articles like they're fact, but upon closer inspection the article either doesn't mention what you guys are citing it for or it straight up says it is an opinion and not real fact.
irunalot1518.00
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #453
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

So M5Rick, ///M Power-Belgium and a bunch of hammy's walk into a bar. The bartender says "You F**king hammy's get the hell out of here"

Killed by Death, Kimi and Mick bust out laughing
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60016.50
      12-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #454
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Interesting quali today.

Hamilton didn’t look comfortable in the car and it wasn’t underneath him in Q3 in the high speed corners, he is lucky to have pole. He didn’t push it and take risks either, could he have done should he have done …. mmmm

Max, what a lap, right up to that point he put it into the wall. It happens, but for him he should have know he was ahead and just needed to bring it home at that point. It’s a mistake that might be costly or could give him the chance to get the run on the Mercs into the first corner.

They both have the talent and I was expecting that Max was going to pull of a lap like Lewis managed in Valencia a few years ago. Must not this time a hard lesson for him.

Game on for the race still all to play for should be a good one, let’s hope it goes down to the final round.

Turns out the softs are insanely finicky around this track, if you don't get the front to rear tires into the optimal window they'll just suck.
      12-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #455
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Turns out the softs are insanely finicky around this track, if you don't get the front to rear tires into the optimal window they'll just suck.
Yeah they are in the window or not, wonder how Lando will do as he is the only one on starting in the top ten. With low wear he might be able to move up a little.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #456
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
However, you can't just call chappers out
I can ask anyone a question as a reaction on their post.
That is what I did.

I didn't "just call someone out"

Do or don't you agree with my definition of 'true fan of the sport'?

My point was that I think it's a strange decision to be fan of a team in sports just because someone you know and don't like is fan of the other team although that other one is in no way connected to that team. To me this has nothing to do with the sport or teams itself.

Don't let people get to you to such a point. It's like not buying an audi or bmw or whatever brand because of 'the type of people that drive them'....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-04-2021 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60016.50
      12-04-2021, 06:26 PM   #457
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Interesting quali today.

Remember on HAM's first attempt in Q3 he had an oversteer moment. When he went for his final run he looked more in control, but IMO he was driving a bit conservative knowing how costly a small error could be. Max was on the limit the entire lap and it was one hell of a good lap until it wasn't.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 06:29 PM   #458
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I can ask anyone a question as a reaction on their post.
That is what I did.

I didn't "just call someone out"

Do or don't you agree with my definition of 'true fan of the sport'?

My point was that I think it's a strange decision to be fan of a team in sports just because someone you know and don't like is fan of the other team although that other one is in no way connected to that team. To me this has nothing to do with the sport or teams itself.

Don't let people get to you to such a point. It's like not buying an audi or bmw or whatever brand because of 'the type of people that drive them'....
No imo your definition ("That you make up your mind not influenced by people you don't like, but by what happens in the sport itself or what the drivers or teams stand for.") of true fan of the sport is still lacking - it is good but still lacks things.

Why? Because not only should what you say be true, but to be a true fan you must respect the sport and those within it, and everyone else that enjoys it regardless if they affect your team/driver. Otherwise you get hyper polar fans and their toxicity entering the sport making it unenjoyable for everyone else to watch. It's ok to be a fan of one driver and team, even being a super fan. But it stops being ok when you start bullying other people for liking a certain driver, or start going crazy with unproven accusations against other drivers, or wishing harm upon a driver. At this point you are no longer a fan of the sport, you just like one guy.

That is why I commented on your post asking if chappers was a true fan of the sport, because it is being selectively biased by picking on one trait that you defined as not being a true fan of the sport while totally ignoring other traits that would also be considered as not being a "true fan" of the sport.
irunalot1518.00
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 07:01 PM   #459
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Depends on the extent, if it is light hearted for the jokes, or if they are deep in the craze of I absolutely hate this driver and I will try to smear his every action/acomplishment.
Ok, but who's going to be the judge of it? What some consider lighthearted jokes, others see like a red flag.

Quote:
Or if you are in the same country as an f1 driver you might support them because they are your fellow countrymen. In both cases you are supporting a driver or team due to influences outside of what a driver or team stands for, does that mean you are no longer a true fan of the sport?
Actually the driver drives for a specific country. So that is not entirely an influence outside of what the driver stands for imho.
And his national anthem is played when he wins.
And in F1 historically teams were also driving for specific countries. That is why Ferrari's are still painted red.

Nationality and sports are in general very intertwined. Just look at the olympics.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-04-2021 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60016.50
      12-04-2021, 07:27 PM   #460
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ok, but who's going to be the judge of it?

Actually the driver drives for a specific country. So that is not entirely an influence outside of what the driver stands for imho.
And in F1 historically teams were also driving for specific countries. That is why Ferrari's are still painted red.

Nationality and sports are in general very intertwined. Just look at the olympics.
No one can be a judge of it, but you can get a hint of when it occurs. For example it starts to be a problem is if everything (literally a large majority of their activity regarding this sport) they do involves that sole driver, and or hate against their opponents. That differentiates between poking fun and obsession - which means you care about 1 driver rather than the sport. Hence not a true fan...

Sure having a home town hero is fine, but what if you let that influence your views on other teams from other countries. There's always bias in sports so you can have solid definitions.
irunalot1518.00
minn1914033.00
      12-04-2021, 07:40 PM   #461
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

But the core of the matter remains:
Why let people that are apparently not true fans influence one in picking which team to cheer for?
The 'non true fans' are not officially affiliated or speak for that team.

I mean we all here also drive BMW's right? And there's a huge stigma against BMW drivers.
Do we care?
I don't
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60016.50
      12-04-2021, 07:42 PM   #462
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
I wonder if max's gearbox is ok. It's crazy how those impacts don't look too bad but they just damage gearboxes.
According to one media source the gearbox has checked out so far. One absolutely certainty is RBR will check a bit more thorough than the Red team.

Three safety cars and one red flag is my prediction.

Just watched the lap again, Max was scrapping several walls to achieve pole. The last turn the front left tire was cooked. Max has the flaw/strength that Senna suffered from, he is focused on hyper pace. He can’t slow down, just as Senna couldn’t slow down despite being in lead at Monaco...only faster. Max isn’t driven by the fame or glory...he driven by feeling the razor edge of speed which is the core of what makes him special to watch.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bubbles; 12-05-2021 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60016.50
FormulaMMM3662.50