BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-29-2023, 12:05 AM   #23
Houranimd49
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive, F25 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftpost View Post
Not too many decision's with cars are "good financial decisions"..... so let that rest with you as it may.

I noticed that the wheels are also not style 351 or 373, so not 650 OEM, though they do look like M6 wheels, don't know the Style #, but then there is the offset question.

As far as I know, valve stem seals were not an issue on the N63TU. Since this one (2016) is a TU, you have the new and improved version.

My 2016 650 I have had now for at least 3+ years, and put 40,000+ mostly trouble free miles on it (new O2 sensors DIY). It now has 83,XXX. Still running strong. I am the second owner and I do baby it, with the occasional sprint but ONLY when the oil temperature is up to normal operating temp. Next oil change I am doing a Blackstone Oil analysis to see what I can learn from it.

Let us know how it goes.

L

The way I see it, everyone needs an outlet. A hobby. A distraction. Cars have been my outlet. My F10 served that purpose for me and for years lusted after an F06. So while yes, her history isn’t perfect, she was obtainable. Oddly I feel guilty for buying it.

You are correct about the wheels. They aren’t the factory wheels for this car but it doesn’t bother me because I like these better.

I just learned the battery wasn’t registered to the car. So now I need to replace it as it’s not holding a charge and then register it.

The biggest mystery now is how to figure out what tune is on the car and how to remove it.

Edit: your car is gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 06:17 AM   #24
Luftpost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 650 GC, E39’s, X70, X1

I get feeling guilty about it, as it is a lot of money to spend. I justify it somewhat by keeping my cars a long time. We have 4 BMW's in our family, with the oldest a 2000 540/6. It has 275,000 miles. The X5, 180,000, etc...And my passion for BMW's has carried on to my son, and that is quality time we get to spend together. So yes, cars are our hobby as well.

Not sure how to id the tune or remove it, but someone else here can chime in perhaps. Keep in mind that if you delete the tune, the CEL will come on because of the catless downpipes. I know you mentioned buying a set of OEM cats, every once in a while the Classified section here has some.

Battery....get the BimmerLink App and a VeePeak. With these two you can register the battery. QSilver has a great description here. One other thought, you can take the battery to any auto part store and have them test it.

Let's see some profile photos.

L
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 04:18 PM   #25
Houranimd49
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This morning I woke up to a Christmas tree of lights. Chassis stabilization and a whole bunch of others. I didn’t have any of this driving at home yesterday. I did power wash the car last night to wash it and maybe I did something.

I did install a new battery this morning and registered it to the car. The battery before it was a H8 and H9 like it’s supposed to be.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 06:27 AM   #26
swissfraser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 640d

I reckon a LOT of these could be caused by a single wheel speed sensor failing.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 07:27 AM   #27
Houranimd49
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfraser View Post
I reckon a LOT of these could be caused by a single wheel speed sensor failing.
I agree. I whittled it down to that and bought one. Will replace it when it comes in and update.

Edit: all the warnings and lights disappeared this morning so the battery was probably the culprit.

Here’s a photo for you all with the F10 in the back.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JBF650115.50