BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-01-2021, 04:10 AM   #1
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

2013 650i 120k miles

Hi there,

I found a 650i for sell one owner.

The car has been always serviced at the dealership. And it's in MINT condition.

Also, the owner does not drive his car fast at all.

How much it's worth? And am I putting my self in a big headache with this car? since it's not a reliable vehicle?

All your input is appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 08:29 AM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

120k miles is a lot, but there is much we do not know. As for what it's worth, you don't even say what it is - convertible, coupe, gran coupe? What is the asking price? How many miles will you drive it a year? What has been done to it? A 650 is a big, heavy car. Unless most of the suspension parts have already been replaced, they are probably past due. Do you do any of your own work? If you have to pay someone else to do everything, the cost of ownership may be very high. If you are looking to get a 650 as cheaply as possible, is that because you cannot afford more? Getting a $100k car for $20k seems attractive, but it usually does not end well if a $2,000 repair would put you in a financial bind. Or the car may need nothing for the next 30k miles. If it has been serviced at the dealer like you say, ask for all those records. Have it inspected for oil leaks - especially the oil pan. That is not cheap to have fixed. I can give you a general sense of what a car with that many miles would be worth to me. A 2013 Gran Coupe with 50k miles has an asking price now of mid-20s to low 30s. Hardly any for sale have anywhere near those miles. If I wanted one and was not going to put huge miles on it, it would have to be a pretty special car for me to give $20k for it. And I do all my own work. I think most people here will tell you to stay away from those miles.
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2021, 08:31 AM   #3
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
Ask the owner to request a printout of the full service history and see whether the car has been trouble free. If he is the original owner he can get that report. You will not (officially) be able to get it. You can use that report and look up the value on various sources.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2021, 05:07 PM   #4
ex46fanatic
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci F06 640i GC both LCI

120k miles wouldn't put me off if it had all the options, colour etc. I would also expect a hefty discount. And pray it's not losing oil. Depends on your philosophy...I like to work on my own cars when I can, if I didn't I don't know if I would have stayed with BMW for this long. I also never sell, and drive alot, so high mileage is a non issue long term.

Recently I paid £17k for 2015 640i GC lci m sport with 98k miles this year in Feb. One owner and full main dealer service history. Spent 3 hours trying to knock £500 off the asking price of 17.5k too lol. Whilst trying to bring the price down I said to the dealer seller "you won't hear from me again I know what I'm getting myself into buying a 100k mile BMW". I also knew it would be mostly fine being a 5 year old car only - the rubber won't have degraded too much. I also have ista etc...

Just make the smartest decision you can according to your circumstances. Personally I would avoid all pre facelifts at this point in time.

If you are trying to flex on a budget you are going to get stung hard.
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #5
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
120k miles is a lot, but there is much we do not know. As for what it's worth, you don't even say what it is - convertible, coupe, gran coupe? What is the asking price? How many miles will you drive it a year? What has been done to it? A 650 is a big, heavy car. Unless most of the suspension parts have already been replaced, they are probably past due. Do you do any of your own work? If you have to pay someone else to do everything, the cost of ownership may be very high. If you are looking to get a 650 as cheaply as possible, is that because you cannot afford more? Getting a $100k car for $20k seems attractive, but it usually does not end well if a $2,000 repair would put you in a financial bind. Or the car may need nothing for the next 30k miles. If it has been serviced at the dealer like you say, ask for all those records. Have it inspected for oil leaks - especially the oil pan. That is not cheap to have fixed. I can give you a general sense of what a car with that many miles would be worth to me. A 2013 Gran Coupe with 50k miles has an asking price now of mid-20s to low 30s. Hardly any for sale have anywhere near those miles. If I wanted one and was not going to put huge miles on it, it would have to be a pretty special car for me to give $20k for it. And I do all my own work. I think most people here will tell you to stay away from those miles.
Thanks for your input.

It's coupe and I do some of the work that I can do but I have no Idea about this big engine. Need to do some research about it.

I'm going to see the car on Friday.

I think he will sell it for around $11k but I'm not sure yet. The price is what made me thinking about it. I have a picture of the car and it looks like 30k miles on it and it's fully loaded with Led headlights, fog lights and, B & O sound system.

I'm going to pull the carfax to see what maintenance they have done to the car and will update you. Thanks much!

It will be great If I can call you since you have experience with the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 05:35 PM   #6
focusedpixel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Garage List
2019 GT350  [0.00]
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
2013 could have N63 or N63TU engine, TU version would have some fixes that are worthwhile.

Plus agree with the others above.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #7
Opie55
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeyad.habeeb View Post
Thanks for your input.

It's coupe and I do some of the work that I can do but I have no Idea about this big engine. Need to do some research about it.

I think he will sell it for around $11k but I'm not sure yet. The price is what made me thinking about it. I have a picture of the car and it looks like 30k miles on it and it's fully loaded with Led headlights, fog lights and, B & O sound system.

I'm going to pull the carfax to see what maintenance they have done to the car and will update you. Thanks much!

Heck, for $11k you might as well get it unless it has some major issue. That's beer money. As someone else said, make sure it has the TU engine. When you open the hood, look at the back along the firewall on the driver's side next to the engine - basically right near the hood hinge on that side. If there is a coolant system filler cap back there, then it has the TU. If that area is empty, and the coolant cap is up front behind the headlight, then it has the older N63, which is typically more problematic.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 10:00 PM   #8
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for your input.

Heck, for $11k you might as well get it unless it has some major issue. That's beer money. As someone else said, make sure it has the TU engine. When you open the hood, look at the back along the firewall on the driver's side next to the engine - basically right near the hood hinge on that side. If there is a coolant system filler cap back there, then it has the TU. If that area is empty, and the coolant cap is up front behind the headlight, then it has the older N63, which is typically more problematic.
It does not have any major problem but I will do pre purchase inspection as well.

I pulled the vin decoder and it shows N63T for the engine. So it should be the better one, right?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 10:53 PM   #9
Opie55
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It does not have any major problem but I will do pre purchase inspection as well.

I pulled the vin decoder and it shows N63T for the engine. So it should be the better one, right?
Correct.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #10
ex46fanatic
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci F06 640i GC both LCI

if he accepts 11k what a bargain ! i take it hes asking for a few k more?

does it have comfort seats? active cruise control?
Appreciate 0