BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-02-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
iRacingMyers
Rep
Drives: 14 335i xdrive, 12 GS Vette

M6 ceramic brake and rotor replacement costs

I have tried searching with little success of people's experiences with replacement costs of the M6 carbon ceramic brakes and rotors.

What am I looking at if I wear these components out in terms of replacement costs? How many miles are people typically seeing on these components before they need replacing?

Thanks,

Steve
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 01:19 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
you can buy the CCB upgrade kit for about 14k it include calipers, which you could keep as spares or resell them, pads, rotors and I think pressure valve or some electronics. As it turns out the CCB upgrade kit is a bit more economical than just buying the pads and rotors for all 4 coroners.

I have nearly 100k on my car with CCB's. I do believe that the fronts are likely going to need replaced in the not so distant future. As far as life expectancy it all comes down to how hard one brakes with them. If you track the car or drive in an manner that requires hard braking frequently you'll likely get less life. I am absolutely considering buying the upgrade kit as I love these brakes and my wife really likes them as well.

Below are some links I have collected.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1115439

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D

https://www.rebrake.de/en/

https://www.bmwux.com/blog/bmw-m5-m-...omplete-guide/
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2023, 01:23 PM   #3
iRacingMyers
Rep

Thanks! That is Very helpful. So you have put 100k on yours without replacement yet? I have zero interest in tracking the car as I have a Corvette to do that with.

Steve
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2023, 01:42 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Mile is 98827 miles as of today pads and rotors are original equipment. Pads have a lot of material on them still but the rotors are starting show wear on the 3 circular wear indicators for the front.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 01:44 PM   #5
iRacingMyers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Mile is 98827 miles as of today pads and rotors are original equipment. Pads have a lot of material on them still but the rotors are starting show wear on the 3 circular wear indicators for the front.
That is way better than I expected. Thanks!

Steve
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2023, 03:34 PM   #6
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Could get some custom rotor hats made and buy these and oem cbb pads-
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-177-1120
Attached Images

14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2023, 03:44 PM   #7
iRacingMyers
Rep

I was talking to someone I know that works at a BMW dealership in the service department yesterday, and he said he had never actually seen an M6 come in for replacement brake components with the Carbon Ceramics. Probably a combination of rarity and durability!

Steve
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 06:00 PM   #8
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRacingMyers View Post
I was talking to someone I know that works at a BMW dealership in the service department yesterday, and he said he had never actually seen an M6 come in for replacement brake components with the Carbon Ceramics. Probably a combination of rarity and durability!

Steve
Right on. That is very interesting to hear.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 06:04 PM   #9
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
I have been emailing with the folks at rebrake.de to get information on the refurb cost for the BMW 410mm CCB front rotors. They have asked for some photos of the rotors to get an idea of the wear and damage for the cost estimate. So this weekend I will take my front wheels off and grab a bunch of pics for them. Once I get the quote back I will share the pics and quote back in this thread.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2023, 07:11 PM   #10
danielgmanm6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRacingMyers View Post

Steve

Being that it's 4k a rotor and BMW doesn't cover it under maintenance, I assume ppl ditch the car when time comes. But yes, if you just daily the car they're supposed last around 100k miles. However, if you buy it used you have no idea if it was tracked and there's no way to visually guage how much life is left, they have to be weighed. Actually, I think they sell a measuring tool but it's $$$. If you're that worried I would take it to porshe and see if they can give you an estimate how much life are in them. I bought an m6 with CCBs and brought it back for this reason. I couldn't justify a 16k-18k brake-job lol
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2023, 07:18 PM   #11
iRacingMyers
Rep

[QUOTE=danielgmanm6;29805831]Being that it's 4k a rotor and BMW doesn't cover it under maintenance, I assume ppl ditch the car when time comes. But yes, if you just daily the car they're supposed last around 100k miles. However, if you buy it used you have no idea if it was tracked and there's no way to visually guage how much life is left, they have to be weighed. Actually, I think they sell a measuring tool but it's $$$. If you're that worried I would take it to porshe and see if they can give you an estimate how much life are in them. I bought an m6 with CCBs and brought it back for this reason. I couldn't justify a 16k-18k brake-job lol

Yeah I have wondered if that’s why you see so many up close to 100k miles for sale.
Steve
Appreciate 1