BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #23
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS86 View Post
I don't even know why they bothered fitting lighting in the first place. It is so dim you can't even see it unless you put your hand directly underneath the lights.

maybe you need to turn your interior lights up. at full bright its ultra bright believe it or not
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 07:48 PM   #24
Mennaf06
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 640i

Does anyone know if these light up from the factory bmw settings or is it one of those systems your turning on and off with your phone?

Do you think it could be spliced in to the factory wiring so that it would work like normal?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:53 PM   #25
hugo_nz
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: e-Tron 50 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennaf06 View Post
Does anyone know if these light up from the factory bmw settings or is it one of those systems your turning on and off with your phone?

Do you think it could be spliced in to the factory wiring so that it would work like normal?
Unlikely to work for a number of reasons. The Fxx 6-er never had multi-colour ambient lighting. On BMWs that do have multi colour ambient lighting the LED modules use three or more wires to connect to the car. These would not be present in Fxx wiring harness. That's at a very high level.

Past BMWs: F15 Xdrive 50i, F12 650i, E65 740i, E64 645ci, E39 540i, E89 118i
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 11:27 PM   #26
Mennaf06
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennaf06 View Post

Unlikely to work for a number of reasons. The Fxx 6-er never had multi-colour ambient lighting. On BMWs that do have multi colour ambient lighting the LED modules use three or more wires to connect to the car. These would not be present in Fxx wiring harness. That's at a very high level.
Thanks for the reply. What if we just wanted 1 colour? Maybe not connect all the wires. I'm just looking for a way to get brighter single colour that seems oem-ish
Appreciate 0