BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #45
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
If you come from Europe like I do, you don't wear your goddamn dirty outside shoes throughout your house.

I think wearing your outside shoes is only an American thing. Never seen that anywhere else, and it still boggles my mind when it see it.

Take that dirty shit off and go bare foot or put slippers on.
You Europeans are something else. Stick to making us good cars and eating butter by the pound. What are you a size 6? I'd take my shoes off too.

Hate to break it to you but no one in America wants to see your little bare feet running around their house like a toddler. Keep it socked or in a shoe and try to be normal for once in your life.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 05:57 PM   #46
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So based upon my rigorous scientific study here... it seems most of the no shoes in the house people are from Europe and CA. Most of the pro shoes in the house people are from FL.

So my bad. It's clearly not just an Asian custom. It's obviously a commie thing!!!!! I'm getting some big freedom boots for the house!!! MURICA!!!!!!!
Florida.... ofcourse, should've guessed. Lol
From California and snarky. Didn't even need to guess. 😂
Appreciate 1
Reborn_290.50
      05-17-2020, 06:09 PM   #47
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Geez, I was looking for comfy slipper recommendations and started a war. Good thing I'm not a politician.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 12
RickFLM410798.50
premier3is1627.00
Wolf 3352337.00
rebekahb3120.50
vreihen1614808.50
Dang3r12503.00
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13147.00
Murf99314114.00
      05-17-2020, 06:16 PM   #48
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

I do recommend loafers they are pretty comfortable and are good for my flat feet. The only shoes that don't touch my sacred floors are my running shoes. Keep these in garage behind some caution tape with a couple dryer sheets in there. Seems to help lol
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 06:20 PM   #49
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Geez, I was looking for comfy slipper recommendations and started a war. Good thing I'm not a politician.
The crocs felt slippers are pretty comfortable. Too warm for Spring Summer though..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 07:30 PM   #50
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
You Europeans are something else. Stick to making us good cars and eating butter by the pound. What are you a size 6? I'd take my shoes off too.

Hate to break it to you but no one in America wants to see your little bare feet running around their house like a toddler. Keep it socked or in a shoe and try to be normal for once in your life.
Point is you’re walking outside stepping on who knows what (urinal example was perfect) then you come home and walk around your house. I’m sorry but that is not acceptable.

Also don’t you wanna take your shoes off after being in them all day?

My routine as soon as I get in is take my shoes off, then straight to the bathroom without touching anything and wash my hands (and yes this was pre corona virus). Then I take my socks off and let my damn feel air out.

I feel comfortable walking around my floors barefoot knowing I can hop on a sofa and put my feet up. Let me guess you go on your sofa/bed with your shoes (like they do in the movies)?
Appreciate 2
No one1029.50
      05-18-2020, 03:04 AM   #51
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
If you come from Europe like I do, you don’t wear your goddamn dirty outside shoes throughout your house.

I think wearing your outside shoes is only an American thing. Never seen that anywhere else, and it still boggles my mind when it see it.

Take that dirty shit off and go bare foot or put slippers on.
That depends on the part of Europe where you're coming from. In Germany its more an east/west thing. The easterns had almost kinda extra slippers at their front doors, which you could take when you took your street shoes off. North Westerns dont care if visitos wear their steetshoes as long as they are clean

To dont hijack the thread any longer: Im wearing Birkenstocks clogs.
Attached Images

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:47 AM   #52
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Our house was built in the early 1800's, you wouldn't dare walk around barefoot, no matter how well you refinish them, 400 year old wood will always splinter and bite your feet. Splinters through socks is even worse.

We change into Uggs Ascots when we come home if it's winter, or Nike slides for the summer. I'm working from home now, so I've got a pair of Coach slippers for the day that look less sloppy and I kind of like them.

As a joke I received a pair of Gucci "business in the front, party in the back" Princeton slippers. They put the "slip" in slippers so I can't recommend them, and they're goofy as Hell.

We let guests wear their shoes though and being a freak, I just vacuum after they leave.
      05-18-2020, 06:41 AM   #53
WhiskyPat12
Reclaiming My Time!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
For summer I just raw dog it. We clean the floors plenty so it's fine.

I married into an Asian family and first learned about inside vs outside shoes when my now wife schooled me to it. These are what I wear in the house if it's chilly. L. L. Bean are great quality
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
this might just be the alcohol talking, but I love you man...
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13147.00
wrickem2101.00
Wolf 3352337.00
      05-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #54
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

If I'm in the house I'm most likely barefoot. Get too warm with all the other shit on my feet. First thing I do when I get home from work or working out is take my socks off, such a great feeling of relief lol.
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352337.00
      05-18-2020, 07:26 AM   #55
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
What I find totally weird is these people who expect everyone to remove their shoes when entering their home never, ever have anything to sit on near the door. Instead I'm untying my laces as I put a knee down on the floor. It's like they didn't foresee people adhering to their own ocd policy.
      05-18-2020, 08:15 AM   #56
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Where's the hobbit? I'd like to hear his take on this topic.

Speaking of the hobbit, his feet and this thread what happened to the foot guy that used to be around on here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Gucci loafs
Of course.

......and no, I don't have Lacoste slippers.
Appreciate 3
P111523.50
Rmtt8206.00
      05-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #57
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Just funny reading all the post and seems like culture has alot to do with this. When I had my new bamboo flooring installed my buddy (white dude) walks right in with his steel toe work boots and I literally almost had a heart attack lol. It almost sounded like he had a couple of small rocks wedged into the sole. Than walks into the living room right on top of the wife's shaggy white throw rug. We're asian
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 10:16 AM   #58
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

I just walked around in bare feet most of the time, until I recently looked at my feet. Now I wear Birks without a heel strap most of the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #59
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Shoes or slippers are like casts on your feet, your feet and body for that matter are best barefoot as much as possible. I think climate plays a roll in this though as well, it's not practical to go barefoot in al regions maybe, but in Florida it is.

We keep our floor spotless, thanks to our amazing cleaning lady to be honest, we have 2 little boys, if they always kept their shoes on, forget it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614808.50
      05-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #60
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

When it's colder, I have some L.L. Bean slippers similar to those posted earlier, very comfy and they last decently long.

From what I have experienced, people in colder climates have a higher portion of people that will remove shoes when they enter the home. Pretty sure that dealing with snow/ mud etc for a larger portion of the year, you just develop the habit to keep floors clean and dry, as tracking snow/ sale etc through the house sucks.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #61
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I have super-duper flat feet, so I wear super soft running shoes that don't have high arches. Everyone thinks if you have flat feet you should be wearing shoes that support your arch, but that's incorrect, all you're going to do is hurt your arches that way. Running shoes with stiff arch support are for just that; running.
When a kid I started using orthotic insoles. I could barely stand up the next day. If you treasure your flat feet you need no arch support. If you find flat feet a flaw to be corrected (it is) you should mind conditioning your feet appropriately.

Quote:
Quote:
I refuse to take my shoes off when I enter someone's house.
That means they must clean it up after you. Let them wipe your ass as well (unless you never wipe it either).

Quote:
a good host should let guests do whatever the hell makes them comfortable.
Like fuck his wife/daughter/him for their ultimate convenience.
With all that said, I'd rather put those plastic shoe bags on my shoes to keep my socks clean as well , but it's the host who rules his house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
First thing I do when I get home from work or working out is take my socks off, such a great feeling of relief lol.
Those socks might be like boots and provide social distancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
What I find totally weird is these people who expect everyone to remove their shoes when entering their home never, ever have anything to sit on near the door. Instead I'm untying my laces as I put a knee down on the floor. It's like they didn't foresee people adhering to their own ocd policy.
Such an interesting remark! A courtesy wheelchair should be perfect here! It is apparent those people find it absolutely comfortable handling their shoes standing. Following rules, maintaining one's home is an important contribution into maintaining one's personality. And physical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
When I had my new bamboo flooring installed my buddy walks right in with his steel toe work boots and I literally almost had a heart attack lol. It almost sounded like he had a couple of small rocks wedged into the sole. Than walks into the living room right on top of the wife's shaggy white throw rug.
He's not your buddy anymore, I presume.

I use UGG slippers and moccasins currently. They are fine but they lack arch support completely.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #62
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

After you take your shoes off, do you go change your clothes too before you sit on anything and get your dirty ass ass all over the couch or the chairs???

Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy.

I also have some Minnetonka slippers, but that's normally for me/dog to walk outside and take a leak in the grass. Yes, both of us.

'Murica!!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #63
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
After you take your shoes off, do you go change your clothes too before you sit on anything and get your dirty ass ass all over the couch or the chairs???

Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy.
Sure. I find it important I don't live on the street, especially as I don't really like it there. I'd rather keep all the shit outside and feel comfortable in my privacy.

It's all right it takes some additional effort. They say there's a stone in Tibet with a writing on it: "Have you learned to enjoy obstacles?".
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352337.00
      05-18-2020, 04:33 PM   #64
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Socks or my LA Kings slippers. Shoes are dirty and especially if you have carpet, they will make the place gross. I mean back in the 80's when i was a child yeah, shoes everywhere but nowadays no.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 04:44 PM   #65
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
When a kid I started using orthotic insoles. I could barely stand up the next day. If you treasure your flat feet you need no arch support. If you find flat feet a flaw to be corrected (it is) you should mind conditioning your feet appropriately.
Meh, I'm 49, and have lived with it my whole life. No harm, no foul. As long as I don't stand for long periods I'm fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:28 PM   #66
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Point is you’re walking outside stepping on who knows what (urinal example was perfect) then you come home and walk around your house. I’m sorry but that is not acceptable.

Also don’t you wanna take your shoes off after being in them all day?

My routine as soon as I get in is take my shoes off, then straight to the bathroom without touching anything and wash my hands (and yes this was pre corona virus). Then I take my socks off and let my damn feel air out.

I feel comfortable walking around my floors barefoot knowing I can hop on a sofa and put my feet up. Let me guess you go on your sofa/bed with your shoes (like they do in the movies)?
I'm not sure where the hell you guys live on here, trekking through piss covered floors and shit apparently, but I walk on clean paved surfaces in sunny Florida 99% of the time. Shoes stay clean and we use a door mat like civilized human beings. Whatever isn't caught in the mat fibers is disinfected when the cleaning company comes once a week. Having no carpet helps though, no gonna lie. We do have a rug in the master that I avoid like the plague as its white, but I walk everywhere else.
Appreciate 0