BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

What Dp's/intakes is everyone using?

Hey everyone. Trying to get an idea of what downpipes/intakes everyone is using. I ordered the Meisterschaft Gtc and I will want more sound 100%.

So what downpipes is everyone using? How long have you had them installed? Any issues? I have read that the gaskets should be replaced.

I know downpipes and gtc exhaust will add turbo spool and I'm hoping intakes can help with that also. I know there's no real benefits power wise but def looking for what the forum is running and how products have treated the car. I'm running a jb4 on the car also
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
mberbic
IG: @M6erbic
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6

I have a stock set of downpipes that have been gutted. I got them off a guy that sold his F10. Pretty easy install as I did it myself, just lots of unbolting before you can access them...

Only issue atm is a CEL but that will get taken care of after a tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mberbic View Post
I have a stock set of downpipes that have been gutted. I got them off a guy that sold his F10. Pretty easy install as I did it myself, just lots of unbolting before you can access them...

Only issue atm is a CEL but that will get taken care of after a tune.
Yeah I've seen people doing that as well. I'm leaning towards an aftermarket set but hoping to see someone who's had them in for a while with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Using RK carbon intake and gutted OEM DP's. Best way to go IMO for performance and sound. Also I had the gaskets and rings replaced when they installed the OEM DP's
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #5
mberbic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetZF82 View Post
Yeah I've seen people doing that as well. I'm leaning towards an aftermarket set but hoping to see someone who's had them in for a while with no issues.
I mean a catless downpipe is a catless downpipe.. Not much difference between them except for the fact that the OEM ones are more insulated so you don't have to worry about excess heat out of them.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I mean a catless downpipe is a catless downpipe.. Not much difference between them except for the fact that the OEM ones are more insulated so you don't have to worry about excess heat out of them.
I want to be able to bring the car back to stock if needed. I'm gonna keep my stock ones in factory condition.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:29 AM   #7
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
get AMS catless dp with GTC exhaust, sound is wow.
      11-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #8
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M6 View Post
get AMS catless dp with GTC exhaust, sound is wow.
Ams seems to be popular. Those MSR intakes sound insane but just so so pricey.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
mberbic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I want to be able to bring the car back to stock if needed. I'm gonna keep my stock ones in factory condition.
I have my original ones sitting in my garage... I just bought another set.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #10
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
I have my original ones sitting in my garage... I just bought another set.
Same here. Bought a set off eBay for $500 and gutted them in 20 mins, best option available for fitment and sound. After hearing all the issues with wastegate rattle from aftermarket DP's I stayed with OEM.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #11
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

I'm running RK intakes and downpipes. And definitely change your gaskets. If not it could cause rattling and unwanted noise (happened to me). Ultimately it doesn't matter what downpipes you put on as sound will be the same. Only difference is fitment. In terms of performance, get intakes that route the filters to the kidney grills. Otherwise your car will just be sucking in hot air from the engine bay. I'm running the intakes, downpipes, and eisenmann race w/ an OFT burble tune and the sounds are crazy...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #12
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

This is good info thanks. I'm going to consider 2nd set of stock cats. I want to avoid that rattle at all costs.

Kong how long have you had the burble tune? They sound cool I'm just afraid of potential harm it can cause.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #13
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong24680 View Post
I'm running RK intakes and downpipes. And definitely change your gaskets. If not it could cause rattling and unwanted noise (happened to me). Ultimately it doesn't matter what downpipes you put on as sound will be the same. Only difference is fitment. In terms of performance, get intakes that route the filters to the kidney grills. Otherwise your car will just be sucking in hot air from the engine bay. I'm running the intakes, downpipes, and eisenmann race w/ an OFT burble tune and the sounds are crazy...
Nice !This is the exact setup I want ,how bad is the drone with Eisenmann race ?
I read some post that ERace exhaust are available with valves ?, I don’t care to much as it’s not my daily but I don’t want to get a headache , just a blast here and there and on weekends for my fix
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #14
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is good info thanks. I'm going to consider 2nd set of stock cats. I want to avoid that rattle at all costs.

Kong how long have you had the burble tune? They sound cool I'm just afraid of potential harm it can cause.
I believe the ams downpipes are the way to go if you go aftermarket I’m liking the idea of the decatted stock Downpipes , also the burble tune does no harm the the engine , I think it would destroy your cats but those will be gone soon
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #15
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:

I believe the ams downpipes are the way to go if you go aftermarket I’m liking the idea of the decatted stock Downpipes , also the burble tune does no harm the the engine , I think it would destroy your cats but those will be gone soon
I might try the burble tune spring/summer time. I'm going to more than likely do the downpipes then.

I have heard mixed reviews about the burble tune. It's very popular and I think meisterschaft gtc + downpipes and burble would sound nuts.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 12:40 AM   #16
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
who does the burble tune?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:35 AM   #17
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I might try the burble tune spring/summer time. I'm going to more than likely do the downpipes then.

I have heard mixed reviews about the burble tune. It's very popular and I think meisterschaft gtc + downpipes and burble would sound nuts.
I heard the Eisenmann race full exhaust in person and it was incredible I wanted that setup right then and there, I’m sure the GTC sounds similar, for a car that sounds meh in stock form a aftermarket exhaust completely transforms them

I really like the Burble myself but only minimal , I’m not looking for that crazy excessive pops and bangs all the time I think that would get annoying , just some nice crackle after WOT, having something to switch between tunes would be ideal
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 07:41 AM   #18
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I heard the Eisenmann race full exhaust in person and it was incredible I wanted that setup right then and there, I’m sure the GTC sounds similar, for a car that sounds meh in stock form a aftermarket exhaust completely transforms them

I really like the Burble myself but only minimal , I’m not looking for that crazy excessive pops and bangs all the time I think that would get annoying , just some nice crackle after WOT, having something to switch between tunes would be ideal
Yeah I agree. I believe MHD tuning is working in the burble for this platform. You should be able to control the amount of burble you want through an app if it gets released.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #19
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I've had the burble tune for over a month now. The burbles only come on when you really get into it, so it's not all the time. I don't think you need to worry about anything
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #20
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kong24680 View Post
Nice !This is the exact setup I want ,how bad is the drone with Eisenmann race ?
I read some post that ERace exhaust are available with valves ?, I don’t care to much as it’s not my daily but I don’t want to get a headache , just a blast here and there and on weekends for my fix
Yeah my car is literally only driven once every week or 2 as it's more of a weekend car for me. Drone is not bad to me, but I have a pretty high tolerance for noise haha
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #21
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
who does the burble tune?
I use open flash, but BM3 has a burble tune as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #22
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My buddy who I purchased the e-race system from purchased the meisterschaft GTC after. E-race is more high pitched, while the GTC has more low-down rumble. Surprising how different the systems sound. The electronic valves on the GTC are super nice too. I'm planning on eventually welding in some electronic valves in my e-race down the road.
Appreciate 0