BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
dentaltech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 coupe

Rough Idle

2013 F13 with 35k on the clock been a solid car started getting this idle surge in the morning and when not at full temp. Jump on it it runs like a champ. I picked up the Schawaben tool to read codes nothing showed but when I went into the injector coding I noticed one injectors value is way off. Is this the DME that has compensated for a bad injector OR. I know I can change values here just want to know what I am doing first. Have not changed plugs or coil packs or anything other than basic maintenance.

Looking for suggestions
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 12:59 AM   #2
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
what air filter you using? if you're using a BMC or any oiled filter, it will mess with the MAF. Put in a filter with NO oil, and spray MAF cleaner on MAF and that will sort it out IF you have an air filter w oiling.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 04:54 AM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I had the BMC filters for over a year and now have RK intakes with K&N filters with no problems, the mass air flow sensors aren’t directly next to the filter like some cars it’s farther up the tube , plus there not a honey comb type filter , it’s a blade type , I doubt oiled air filter oil would even make it up there .
But then again it would super easy to clean as there only held in by 2 screws each
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 07:56 AM   #4
dentaltech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
what air filter you using? if you're using a BMC or any oiled filter, it will mess with the MAF. Put in a filter with NO oil, and spray MAF cleaner on MAF and that will sort it out IF you have an air filter w oiling.
Using stock airbox's and filter's minus carbon filters, the first thing I did was to take out the MAF's and clean them with CRC they looked perfect I cleaned anyway and it did not change anything
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #5
dentaltech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Are there no mechanics on this site that can answer my original question about the DME and the injector values recorded when I use the scan tool?
Appreciate 0