BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #23
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Scrap that one off... I wouldn't want it back regardless.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:41 AM   #24
M6KnightRider
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6(comp pack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powahousealex View Post
This is solely base on buying and selling wrecked cars for a living.Normally that car is worth about 40-50k CLEAN TITTLE, Insurance will go based on Current auction yard prices(manheim)you can tell that the passenger strut beam got pushed back,that woul have to cut and weld a new front strut tower panel.this alone is about a 5k job .A insurance company normally salvages a car if the damage exceeds 15% of CURRENT VALUE.so technically you can kiss that car goodbye.if you need help with a lawyer(los angeles)let me know i can connect you with a good lawyer.
Front and rear suspension damage. Damages might be close to 30k from what I was told.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:41 AM   #25
M6KnightRider
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AECDY View Post
Sorry to hear. Good Luck.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:48 AM   #26
M6KnightRider
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpel View Post
That sucks - I sure hope you get what you want/need out of his. From dealing with insurance companies on several issues over the years the offer they make will NOT be in your favor and is NOT what you can get them to do. Here are some things to keep in mind:

Do your research
Get your own estimate
Know your costs and have the paperwork to prove it
Get lots of photos/videos of the car, once it is gone or unavailable this is going to be your only record and way to prove the aftermarket parts
Be calm and respectful when dealing with other parties
Don't sell your time for having to deal with this short - keep track of time (dates and times), time taken off from work and vacation used. I've never gotten push back with properly documented time costs

Take a deep breath and hang in there.
Thanks. It's been 2 weeks already and still no estimate from them. I was giving a ball park of almost 30k. I have receipts. Everything brand new.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 02:57 AM   #27
M6KnightRider
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashakes View Post
I believe the car is a total loss, mainly because of airbags deployment and structural damage.

Take deep breath and relax, not all insurance companies are that bad. I have dealt with multiple total losses and all have been fair. Getting a lawyer involved should be your last resort.

You will most probably get retail value plus some or all your brand new upgrades if you can show receipts. So, no, you will not have your car back, and they will pay you for replacing it with a used one, but that is life and ultimately it's the maximum of their liability.

A positive is that it is a dealership, and if they are smart, they can get you in into a CPO in great condition, payoff your upgrades, and have a happy ending to this headache.

Best of luck and hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.
I agree with total loss. I really wouldn't want the car back. I don't think I would feel safe in it.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 03:02 AM   #28
M6KnightRider
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06WINS View Post
Really sorry to hear that. You should definitely demand some good deal of compensation for the diminished value yes but also for the trouble this will have you go through!
Considering you are not sure you ever want this car back (understandable after such a considerable damage....) you may want to "force" them into suggesting alternatives in this regard.
Still waiting for insurance to come out. The other driver insurance hasn't "claimed responsibility." Based off that I'll know how to proceed. And yes even if it's repairable I wouldn't want the vehicle back. Vehicles are never the same after repair
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 03:03 AM   #29
M6KnightRider
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Ketchup View Post
Scrap that one off... I wouldn't want it back regardless.
only if it was that simple.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #30
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Even if they repair it for free, are they going to give you tens of thousands in cash for depreciation? Obviously no. You may still have to sue them for that.
Appreciate 0