BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
Talaldinho
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Windsor ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Purchase Advice on this 2016 M6

Hey guys,

Do you think this is a good deal, or should I wait.

2016 M6 GC - $66,500 CAD ( $49,000 US )
60,000 km ( 38,000 miles )

White on Sakhir Red interior
No accident and one owner.

VIN# WBS6E9C5XGGF92673

Executive Package

Manufacture warranty ends June 2020

https://crm.bmw.ca/en-CA/PreOwned/Se...73#details-top

https://crm.bmw.ca/en-CA/PreOwned/Se...73#details-top


This is at my maximum budget.

Any recommendation? is it worth purchasing an extended warranty?
Any one in here is selling their M6 in canada let me know
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 08:43 PM   #2
ind_can
Enlisted Member
ind_can's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Edmonton, AB

iTrader: (0)

Price is a bit high considering the substantial mileage. If you can bring them down to the high 50s that would be a bit more competitive I feel. Especially since the manufacturer warranty has almost run out. But make sure if you do buy it that you do a get as thorough an inspection to capture any items still under warranty.

If you can get the BMW factory warranty extended then I would definitely consider it. I personally wouldn't bother with third party warranty though. I think it's much more competitive down in the US, but up here in Canada most of them rip you off.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #3
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
467
Rep
1,142
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

In the US, this car would wholesale for $44k USD, FYI.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #4
Talaldinho
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Windsor ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
Price is a bit high considering the substantial mileage. If you can bring them down to the high 50s that would be a bit more competitive I feel. Especially since the manufacturer warranty has almost run out. But make sure if you do buy it that you do a get as thorough an inspection to capture any items still under warranty.

If you can get the BMW factory warranty extended then I would definitely consider it. I personally wouldn't bother with third party warranty though. I think it's much more competitive down in the US, but up here in Canada most of them rip you off.

I appreciate your input, I was able to get them to drop the price from 69k to
65k. They will also CPO the m6 ..5 year, unlimited KM powertrain warranty from the in service date, which will extend to july 2021.

They are also offering me extended warranty for $4,900

What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #5
Talaldinho
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Windsor ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
In the US, this car would wholesale for $44k USD, FYI.
I wish I was in the states but this will cost
44k US x 1.36 exchange rate = $60k CAD + plus import tax 13%
= 67.8 CAD almost the same less the hassel and the financing .

Is there a particular website you could recommend for me to browse US used cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #6
ind_can
Enlisted Member
ind_can's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Edmonton, AB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talaldinho View Post
I appreciate your input, I was able to get them to drop the price from 69k to
65k. They will also CPO the m6 ..5 year, unlimited KM powertrain warranty from the in service date, which will extend to july 2021.

They are also offering me extended warranty for $4,900

What do you think?
How long is the extended warranty for? If it's $4,900 for 2 years then I would take it, definitely good peace of mind with an M6 and considering it's mileage. If it's for a year, then I would just take my chances and go without it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #7
Salottox5m
First Lieutenant
Salottox5m's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
302
Posts

Drives: x5m
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Philly

iTrader: (0)

$2500 year // i got without it - as long as you ha s a pre purchase inspection w clean review

higher miles but if 2016 it should be mainly easy highway miles = less wear & tear

$2500 a year seems steep to me

i'd look at what it excludes

good luck
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST