BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
DualMTurbo
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 328i Msport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Wheel spacer recommendation please

Just traded in my beautiful Estoril blue 328i Msport (memories ?) for the new love of my life 650i Msport but I don't like way the wheels look sunk into the car.

I don't have plans on wheels at this time so what brand/size spacers would you guys recommend to get the wheels flush?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
Zack G.'s Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
370
Posts

Drives: '14 650i MSport CP
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South FL

iTrader: (0)

Congrats...I would say 10mm for your fronts and 12mm for your rears.

If you want a more aggressive look, maybe 12mm front, and 15mm rear.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #3
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
258
Rep
678
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I got 10mm all around.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
AstonMartian777
Captain
109
Rep
648
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 F06
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

15 rear 10 front.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 07:16 PM   #5
DualMTurbo
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 328i Msport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo
I got 10mm all around.
Can you post up pics?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 12:38 AM   #6
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com's Avatar
54
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

I have run spacers on a few BMW's with mixed results. I had spacers on my new M5 and the steering wheel vibrated like crazy above 90 mph and had to take them off. Hope you have better luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 01:10 AM   #7
DualMTurbo
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 328i Msport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Radar-Mirror.com
I have run spacers on a few BMW's with mixed results. I had spacers on my new M5 and the steering wheel vibrated like crazy above 90 mph and had to take them off. Hope you have better luck.
I wonder why you got those results? I've run spacers in few of my 240sx projects back in the day and never had anything like that happen. Not saying it couldn't happen but I wonder what could cause that?

Were you running spacers with aftermarket wheels, coilovers and/or any other upgrades? I surely don't want those results since it would defeat the purpose of the ride quality bmw is known for.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #8
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
258
Rep
678
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Here's a recent photo taken by my SA at McKenna BMW
I have the KW HAS kit installed too



I need a car wash so I haven't taken any nice photos yet
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 02:19 PM   #9
murph914
Second Lieutenant
murph914's Avatar
65
Rep
275
Posts

Drives: 2014 650i Convertible
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Don't ///M cars have different suspensions and wheels and offsets? I would think the pacer thickness would be different for an m car vs a 640 or 650. That said, what manufacturers are prefered for spacers?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #10
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
755
Rep
5,792
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph914 View Post
Don't ///M cars have different suspensions and wheels and offsets? I would think the pacer thickness would be different for an m car vs a 640 or 650.
Yes M Cars have completely different suspensions, wheels and offsets; however you can install M5 wheels on any 6 series with no issue. M6 wheels are 0.5" wider than M5 wheels with different offsets so basically you will have rubbing issue on rear wheels if you install M6 wheels on your 6 series.
As far as offset the major issue is the rear wheels. Regular 6 er M sport wheels(373) have 44mm offset on rear wheels which is 10 mm less than M5 wheels (i.e. 343M - M5) and 25 mm less than M6 wheels (i.e. 343M - M6)
For front wheel there is no major issue since 373 has 33mm, 343m -M5 has 33 mm and 343M M6 has 32 mm; however they all have different width...
__________________
Current : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #11
Giggity
Private
26
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 997.2 GT3RS, Audi SQ5
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Yes M Cars have completely different suspensions, wheels and offsets; however you can install M5 wheels on any 6 series with no issue. M6 wheels are 0.5" wider than M5 wheels with different offsets so basically you will have rubbing issue on rear wheels if you install M6 wheels on your 6 series.
As far as offset the major issue is the rear wheels. Regular 6 er M sport wheels(373) have 44mm offset on rear wheels which is 10 mm less than M5 wheels (i.e. 343M - M5) and 25 mm less than M6 wheels (i.e. 343M - M6)
For front wheel there is no major issue since 373 has 33mm, 343m -M5 has 33 mm and 343M M6 has 32 mm; however they all have different width...
M6-Coupe, Are you running spacers on your M6 with the OEM wheels? Sizes?

Anyone else running spacers on an M6 with OEM?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #12
rma206
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: M6 gran coupe
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: London, uk

iTrader: (1)

I just put on eibach 25mm spacers for my winter wheels - 343m 19. Could have realistically gone to 30mm!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #13
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
755
Rep
5,792
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
M6-Coupe, Are you running spacers on your M6 with the OEM wheels? Sizes?

Anyone else running spacers on an M6 with OEM?
No I'm not running any spacer but I have 305/30/20 tire installed on rear which is equal to 5mm spacer anyways...
I believe you can run 10-15 mm spacer all around M6 with OEM wheels...
__________________
Current : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2016, 11:23 PM   #14
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com's Avatar
54
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualMTurbo View Post
I wonder why you got those results? I've run spacers in few of my 240sx projects back in the day and never had anything like that happen. Not saying it couldn't happen but I wonder what could cause that?

Were you running spacers with aftermarket wheels, coilovers and/or any other upgrades? I surely don't want those results since it would defeat the purpose of the ride quality bmw is known for.
I have Dinan springs, everything else is stock. I had spacers on my E60 M5 with no issues but no luck on my F10. Kind of sucks, I hate the look without the spacers.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #15
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
258
Rep
678
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
It's probably because you didn't have Hub Centric spacers. They need to be minimum of 10mm to be hub centric. Otherwise there will be vibrations.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #16
LI M6
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 GC
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LI NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
M6-Coupe, Are you running spacers on your M6 with the OEM wheels? Sizes?

Anyone else running spacers on an M6 with OEM?
I'm running OEM wheels and tires with 12mm spacers in the rear and 10mm in the front.

Car is lowered 3/4" on Dinan springs.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #17
M6Pilot
Private First Class
M6Pilot's Avatar
31
Rep
135
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Florence,Ky.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm wanting to go with 10mm all around with a 305/30/20 tire on the rear anyone see any problems with that on factory 601's
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #18
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
258
Rep
678
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
if it isn't lowered, then 305 with 10mm spacers should be fine. it may rub if lowered though.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #19
M6Pilot
Private First Class
M6Pilot's Avatar
31
Rep
135
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 GC
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Florence,Ky.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo View Post
if it isn't lowered, then 305 with 10mm spacers should be fine. it may rub if lowered though.
Ok thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 11:53 PM   #20
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com's Avatar
54
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo View Post
It's probably because you didn't have Hub Centric spacers. They need to be minimum of 10mm to be hub centric. Otherwise there will be vibrations.
My car had 10mm/12mm hub centric spacers from Macht Schnell. I even swapped them front to back a couple of times and no luck either way. I guess I could try another brand but have a feeling it won't matter.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #21
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
258
Rep
678
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Radar-Mirror.com View Post
My car had 10mm/12mm hub centric spacers from Macht Schnell. I even swapped them front to back a couple of times and no luck either way. I guess I could try another brand but have a feeling it won't matter.
Hmm that's very odd. I have the Macht Schnell 10mm front and back. No vibrations at any speeds.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 07:30 AM   #22
msginnie
Private
United_States
8
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tuscon

iTrader: (0)

RS Technik spacers 15 mm are best.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST