BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-23-2020, 03:32 PM   #1
nestorps23
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

(3Pedals) BMW M6 Manual Transmission

Hello,

I am looking for a BMW M6 Manual Transmission 100%, no semi-manual. With the 3 Pedals does anybody know whats the last year that the M6 was produced like this for the US?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

All years had 6MT. In 2018, you cannot build 6MT with ZCP/7MA

https://bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=59
      04-24-2020, 12:55 AM   #3
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

According to the BMW M Registry, there were only 103 3-pedal F06 M6 ever made--another 80 in the F12 M6 and 68 more in the F13 M6. They were only available in the North American market. As Flying Ace mentions, the MT was available in all MY, although after the LCI in MY 2016, the manual transmission was designated incompatible with the competition package.

In any year and any body style, the MT is very, very rare, and that is in a car that is already uncommon in any configuration. But if you just have to have the manual, I get it. I have one and I'm never giving it up. (However, this is like insisting on a horse in the age of tanks. The DCT is faster and in many ways better matched to the M6's tremendous power, even if it cannot offer the same engagement and obviates the craft skills demanded by the third pedal.) The vast majority of buyers went with the DCT, and that is reflected in the used market. The MTs do come around from time to time though, and if you really need one, you will be able to find it eventually. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Looks like there is one true manual F06 M6 for sale right now here
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2020, 11:18 PM   #5
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

If you enjoy a good manual car, the F13 M6 is one of the most underrated manual GT coupes money can buy, IMO. I have owned mine for almost 4 years now and just started driving it after being in storage. I cannot believe, for the money, what an amazing car this is. It should be worth double, and with the rarity, I think that time will come. It is the last of the German GT coupes with a manual, and unlike the 911 (which I also love) the M6's trunk and interior space just make it that much more of a true daily driver.

The DCT is fine, and those who love DCT are entitled to love their cars with that trans, but unlike the V10 cars, the 6-speed in this car works and it is so much fun to drive.

I strongly suggest getting a Rogue SSK, really helps shorten the shifts just the right amount and makes them nice and crisp. I have the only one Rogue ever made for the F12/F13, and it is a really awesome piece of kit.

Good luck in your search, you'll LOVE the car!
1969 Lincoln Continental Sedan
Appreciate 3
ep322.50
quick6750.50
      04-27-2020, 02:36 PM   #6
ep3
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i and 14 M6

F13 6MT owner here. It took me a few years to find one. It makes it even harder because most posts online will indicate paddle shifters as "manual" . Keep at it. They're out there!
Appreciate 2
      04-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #7
Chesie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 530i X-Drive

Garage List
I currently own what I believe is the 101st M6 in 6MT. Only 2 came off the line after mine, and all were built in September, 2018, as MY2019 cars. Hopefully you find what you seek; I have never driven a car more enjoyable than this one.
Danny
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #8
nestorps23
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
According to the BMW M Registry, there were only 103 3-pedal F06 M6 ever made--another 80 in the F12 M6 and 68 more in the F13 M6. They were only available in the North American market. As Flying Ace mentions, the MT was available in all MY, although after the LCI in MY 2016, the manual transmission was designated incompatible with the competition package.

In any year and any body style, the MT is very, very rare, and that is in a car that is already uncommon in any configuration. But if you just have to have the manual, I get it. I have one and I'm never giving it up. (However, this is like insisting on a horse in the age of tanks. The DCT is faster and in many ways better matched to the M6's tremendous power, even if it cannot offer the same engagement and obviates the craft skills demanded by the third pedal.) The vast majority of buyers went with the DCT, and that is reflected in the used market. The MTs do come around from time to time though, and if you really need one, you will be able to find it eventually. Good luck!
Thank you very much! this is really helpful!

I learned how to drive in MT, and daily commuter has always been a MT. Trying to upgrade the daily commuter a bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 03:53 PM   #9
nestorps23
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost View Post
If you enjoy a good manual car, the F13 M6 is one of the most underrated manual GT coupes money can buy, IMO. I have owned mine for almost 4 years now and just started driving it after being in storage. I cannot believe, for the money, what an amazing car this is. It should be worth double, and with the rarity, I think that time will come. It is the last of the German GT coupes with a manual, and unlike the 911 (which I also love) the M6's trunk and interior space just make it that much more of a true daily driver.

The DCT is fine, and those who love DCT are entitled to love their cars with that trans, but unlike the V10 cars, the 6-speed in this car works and it is so much fun to drive.

I strongly suggest getting a Rogue SSK, really helps shorten the shifts just the right amount and makes them nice and crisp. I have the only one Rogue ever made for the F12/F13, and it is a really awesome piece of kit.

Good luck in your search, you'll LOVE the car!
Thank you very much! I will have to agree on the M6 as one of the most underrated manual GT coupes money can buy, its been for a long time my favorite BMW and I was on the hunt last year but I got distracted by an i8.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #10
nestorps23
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep3 View Post
F13 6MT owner here. It took me a few years to find one. It makes it even harder because most posts online will indicate paddle shifters as "manual" . Keep at it. They're out there!
I KNOW! for some reason when I restarted my search this year I always ended up wasting time looking at "manual" models with only 2 pedals.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #11
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
I still love my 2016 M6 GC, with a manual. I took European Delivery in August 2015 and had it over there for two weeks. What a great car.
Appreciate 0