BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-26-2014, 06:13 AM   #45
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel lane
Great information , are those numbers on stock tyres ?
Yes well used stock 295 PSS .
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #46
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
Just read on dinan's website that M6s manufactured after 7/2014 have an electronic wastegate instead of a mechanical one. When will the software for the new M6s be available? Is there a way to get this done in California?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #47
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

This whole thread gives me a chubby.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 04:07 AM   #48
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo View Post
Just read on dinan's website that M6s manufactured after 7/2014 have an electronic wastegate instead of a mechanical one. When will the software for the new M6s be available? Is there a way to get this done in California?
My New M6 GC CP has electronic, whats the difference , sounds the same as my LCI M5.
      12-08-2014, 09:32 AM   #49
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
The 07/2014 switch-over date that BMW has given is a very rough approximation of the switch over date. We have seen cars in the shop with a production date of 09/2014 still with a mechanical wastegate so the date is not an exact science by any stretch of the imagination.

In regards to when it will be available for the EWG version we have yet to to acquire a vehicle with an EWG in our shop so we haven't been able to test the new version of the tune compatible with it. Liek mentioned before all of the cars we have brought in so far have all been MWG cars even thought the cut-off date was passed. If anyone relatively local to the bay area has an EWG M5/M6 that they would be willing to let us use for some development we could get it to market much faster. Plus you will get a free tune out of it.

Lastly, as for California legality (CARB) on city streets, we should have an answer for you in the very near future. If you are just tracking the vehicle there are a multitude of shops I can point you too that will be able to install it for you. PM your general location and I can direct you to a close one.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #50
jafo_9
Rep
Drives: 14 M6 GC

Usually just a lurker here, but I have 2014 M6 GC with CP and I inquired today about the Dinan Tune at my dealership. While the dealership was very complimentary of the software and in fact recommended it, they noted that due to recent changes it would in fact greatly compromise the BMW factory warranty on the car.

According to my Service Adviser, BMW will now likely not honor any warranty work on issues with engine/transmission on Dinan equipped vehicles and the Dinan warranty will only cover items very specifically related to the software. This leaves a massive grey area where neither Dinan nor BMW will claim responsibility for work that would otherwise be covered under warranty.

Again, these are NEW CHANGES instituted recently by BMW regarding Dinan products. Can anyone confirm if this is the actual case?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #51
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo_9 View Post
Usually just a lurker here, but I have 2014 M6 GC with CP and I inquired today about the Dinan Tune at my dealership. While the dealership was very complimentary of the software and in fact recommended it, they noted that due to recent changes it would in fact greatly compromise the BMW factory warranty on the car.

According to my Service Adviser, BMW will now likely not honor any warranty work on issues with engine/transmission on Dinan equipped vehicles and the Dinan warranty will only cover items very specifically related to the software. This leaves a massive grey area where neither Dinan nor BMW will claim responsibility for work that would otherwise be covered under warranty.

Again, these are NEW CHANGES instituted recently by BMW regarding Dinan products. Can anyone confirm if this is the actual case?
While technically what the SA said is partially true where the BMW warranty is compromised there is no real gray area. The Dinan warranty is a matching 4yr/50k warranty so one way or another one of us will cover a problem should one arise. If BMW NA asks us to pay for a warranty claim, we do. So one way or another your car is fixed and you don't have a repair bill.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #52
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
While technically what the SA said is partially true where the BMW warranty is compromised there is no real gray area. The Dinan warranty is a matching 4yr/50k warranty so one way or another one of us will cover a problem should one arise. If BMW NA asks us to pay for a warranty claim, we do. So one way or another your car is fixed and you don't have a repair bill.
Best answer I've seen posted in regards to warranty issues !
That BMW dealer is not a Dinan shop, sucks for them.
Call a dealer that is and they will not only install the item but never hassle anyone with warranty scare tactics.
Regardless, Dinan is backing up everything like they claim.
Win all across the board !!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #53
jafo_9
Rep
Drives: 14 M6 GC

Thanks for your replies. To clarify, in my view the dealership in question is extremely "Pro-Dinan". They even had the parts in inventory and recommended the install. The Service Advisor didn't necessarily employ "warranty scare tactics" as he was mainly just responded to my many, pointed questions.

I agree that Dinan_engineering provided a very clear and honest picture of the warranty situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #54
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
Good info, thank you Dinan.
Have there been any reports of engine/transmission issues after the software upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #55
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo_9 View Post
Thanks for your replies. To clarify, in my view the dealership in question is extremely "Pro-Dinan". They even had the parts in inventory and recommended the install. The Service Advisor didn't necessarily employ "warranty scare tactics" as he was mainly just responded to my many, pointed questions.

I agree that Dinan_engineering provided a very clear and honest picture of the warranty situation.
I still think its dealership to dealership.
Not saying it cant happen but, I hear different answers from different dealers.
There is the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, so it needs to be proven before any warranty can be denied
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #56
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good info, thank you Dinan.
Have there been any reports of engine/transmission issues after the software upgrade?
Not that I am aware of. The only issue that has popped up was the MAF sensor issue that has been pretty well documented here on the forums but that was related to the CAI and the (3) different versions that BMW employed. Those issues have been rectified and fixes are available for the various versions now so that problem is no longer.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #57
ExclusiveElectronics
Private
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Not that I am aware of. The only issue that has popped up was the MAF sensor issue that has been pretty well documented here on the forums but that was related to the CAI and the (3) different versions that BMW employed. Those issues have been rectified and fixes are available for the various versions now so that problem is no longer.
When are you guys going to fix the issue of the bmw warranty being void?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #58
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

does Dinan_Engineering have a stage 2 for f06 cp? pls send me quote/pricing. thx.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #59
ExclusiveElectronics
Private
Rep
Drives: M6

So in regards to your original warranty being voided and replaced with a Dinan, is the entire BMW warranty voided or just engine related parts. For instance, my seat's ventilated fan is making noises and I am still under warranty until 11/2020 form my 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe and it is certified for another year after that, would i lose all that and would it not be covered?

also do you lose your certification warranty if you install this?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #60
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirkaismyname View Post
does Dinan_Engineering have a stage 2 for f06 cp? pls send me quote/pricing. thx.
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...eries=&mid=M6/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusiveElectronics View Post
So in regards to your original warranty being voided and replaced with a Dinan, is the entire BMW warranty voided or just engine related parts. For instance, my seat's ventilated fan is making noises and I am still under warranty until 11/2020 form my 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe and it is certified for another year after that, would i lose all that and would it not be covered?

also do you lose your certification warranty if you install this?
CPO and Extended warranties are a completely different animal and vary wildly from one outfit to the next. Generally speaking though all bets are off when dealing with a CPO or extended warranties and you would want to avoid any, and all, modifications if you wish to keep those warranties intact. Still best to talk to the purveyor of those warranties directly as they may be unique, who knows.

As far as the new car warranty go that Dinan matches it would have no bearing on the warranty on unaffected systems such as the ventilated seats.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 12:25 PM   #61
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Link provided Dinan_Engineering says it covers up to 2016 CP Gran Coupe m6's, how about '17-18?

Thx.
H

Quote:
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...eries=&mid=M6/

CPO and Extended warranties are a completely different animal and vary wildly from one outfit to the next. Generally speaking though all bets are off when dealing with a CPO or extended warranties and you would want to avoid any, and all, modifications if you wish to keep those warranties intact. Still best to talk to the purveyor of those warranties directly as they may be unique, who knows.

As far as the new car warranty go that Dinan matches it would have no bearing on the warranty on unaffected systems such as the ventilated seats.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 01:15 PM   #62
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirkaismyname View Post
Link provided Dinan_Engineering says it covers up to 2016 CP Gran Coupe m6's, how about '17-18?

Thx.
H
Covers all the F06 M6's.
Appreciate 0