BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-15-2020, 09:52 PM   #23
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I have Meistershaft GTC full 3.5" exhaust and Fabworx 3.5" downpipes, Its loud with the valves open and stock like with them closed, its the best of both worlds,I get tons of compliments on how it sounds while driving around.
Do you get any drone? I wish I had a few cars local to hear various set-up's.
I had a resonated muffler delete and it was just annoying around 1.8k-2k RPMs. I'm now running the full Meistershaft exhaust, but not valved. I'm on stock downpipes as I figured values would be open 90% of the time anyway. Exhaust sounds way better but I still feel like there is a drone at 1.8k RPM...more apparent on deceleration or steady cruising speed. I'm now starting to think these M cars just have a bit of that sound profile vs. my old AMG's.

Could it be their LXR pipe with velocity box which removes the stock resonator is what I'm noticing? I have a CP car so when running stock to the resonated muffler delete it had it as well, just worse. Simply worried about adding Catless DP's at this point unless I modify mine to valved if that helps.

On the car running through gears it sounds great! The neighborhood speed and in traffic has me curious again if it's just me or others live with it.

Last edited by XSTAR_007; 06-16-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 04:40 AM   #24
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Anyone here actually have an RPI GTM and can attest to drone at low RPMs? I'm saving to get one but would hate to order it and deal with drone after the fact. I'm on a fully stock setup right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #25
Rsnk60 M6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTAR_007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I have Meistershaft GTC full 3.5" exhaust and Fabworx 3.5" downpipes, Its loud with the valves open and stock like with them closed, its the best of both worlds,I get tons of compliments on how it sounds while driving around.
I had a resonated muffler delete and it was just annoying around 1.8k-2k RPMs. I'm now running the full Meistershaft exhaust, but not valved. I'm on stock downpipes as I figured values would be open 90% of the time anyway. Exhaust sounds way better but I still feel like there is a drone at 1.8k RPM...more apparent on deceleration or steady cruising speed. I'm now starting to think these M cars just have a bit of that sound profile vs. my old AMG's.

Could it be their LXR pipe with velocity box which removes the stock resonator is what I'm noticing? I have a CP car so when running stock to the resonated muffler delete it had it as well, just worse. Simply worried about adding Catless DP's at this point unless I modify mine to valved if that helps.

On the car running through gears it sounds great! The neighborhood speed and in traffic has me curious again if it's just me or others live with it.
I live with it , I have a muffler and resonator delete and I'm fine with it, I had mustangs and chargers before this , so I'm used to the drone.
      06-16-2020, 11:00 PM   #26
Petepacman
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Anyone here actually have an RPI GTM and can attest to drone at low RPMs? I'm saving to get one but would hate to order it and deal with drone after the fact. I'm on a fully stock setup right now.
I have RPI GTM. The only time it droned when stock was on the highway cruising at 70 mph and about 1800-2k RPM. Other than that, no. Now that I have downpipes that same drone is unbearable lol
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 11:43 PM   #27
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTAR_007 View Post

I do get drone at those RPMs, but its not a bad drone to be really annoying its definitely bearable ,with the valves closed it as quiet as stock they take all the bass out of the tone ,I have the full GTC exhaust ,Going Catless will definitely make it way louder but the drone is close to the same ,I had it with stock downpipes at first, been catless for about 1-1/2 years now,
The valves really help out on long drives as much as I like it loud I do like my piece and quiet, 99 percent of the time I use my paddle shifters to drive my car ,you can control your rpms via tone of the drone this way, its really the best way to drive a dual clutch car
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 12:25 AM   #28
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Anyone wondering what it looks like in a comp pack stock exhaust resonator , my buddy cut his open to find out it is completely empty
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00