BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #67
funkit24
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK KILLER View Post
Not so long ago, I took the M8 Cabrio and drove about a week. This is no longer an "M" car - it's just a very comfortable and damn fast car. Philosophy M simply does not work here. You no longer have tension, your fingers on your hands no longer sweat, lack of a sense of speed and passion. Plus, I find this car ugly. The M6 looks elegant. A form that never grow old. See for yourself

Well put, brother.
Appreciate 2
quick6750.50
Havy294.00
      05-30-2020, 07:54 PM   #68
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkit24 View Post
Well put, brother.
I agree and I couldn't have said it better myself !!!
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 06:27 AM   #69
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Not so long ago, I took the M8 Cabrio and drove about a week. This is no longer an "M" car - it's just a very comfortable and damn fast car. Philosophy M simply does not work here. You no longer have tension, your fingers on your hands no longer sweat, lack of a sense of speed and passion. Plus, I find this car ugly. The M6 looks elegant. A form that never grow old. See for yourself

Well put, brother.
[QUOTE=funkit24;26246521]
Quote:

SO. MUCH. TRUTH.

I was in the market for a new car the past few months and considered the M550i, F90 M5, M850i GC, F06 M6 and shockingly an E63S AMG. My dailies are an F10 535 & F15 X5 . Ended up with the M6 myself and haven't had one regret. Most of the F series BMWs just have some of the cleanest, yet aggressive body lines in recent BMW history. I really can't seem to "connect" with any new BMW look since. I mean, just look at my bone stock 5 series.

I went on a "spirited" drive in my M6 this weekend and for the first time, I felt the tension and sweaty hands that you described in my own car. Absolutely worth it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      06-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #70
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

[QUOTE=Kr0m3assass1n;26256255]
Quote:
Quote:

Well put, brother.
Quote:
Quote:

SO. MUCH. TRUTH.

I was in the market for a new car the past few months and considered the M550i, F90 M5, M850i GC, F06 M6 and shockingly an E63S AMG. My dailies are an F10 535 & F15 X5 . Ended up with the M6 myself and haven't had one regret. Most of the F series BMWs just have some of the cleanest, yet aggressive body lines in recent BMW history. I really can't seem to "connect" with any new BMW look since. I mean, just look at my bone stock 5 series.

I went on a "spirited" drive in my M6 this weekend and for the first time, I felt the tension and sweaty hands that you described in my own car. Absolutely worth it.
Well said. My problem is where do we go from here - as in 5 years from now? We are a family of 4 so a sedan is a must and nothing moves the needle for me like a bmw sedan - so its m5 or m8....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #71
Rsnk60 M6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 GC

I personally love the M8 GC , I think its Nice , I love all the Carbon it comes with . And the Awd part . It will be considered for my next car in 3 years along with a Trackhawk, RS7,AMG 63s and Panamera Turbo . I will be looking for 2020 models with low miles in 2023 lol.
      06-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #72
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnk60 M6 View Post
I personally love the M8 GC , I think its Nice , I love all the Carbon it comes with . And the Awd part . It will be considered for my next car in 3 years along with a Trackhawk, RS7 and Panamera Turbo . I will be looking for 2020 models with low miles in 2023 lol.
Bingo
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00
      06-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #73
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
[QUOTE=mikerx5;26257112]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Well put, brother.
Quote:
Quote:

SO. MUCH. TRUTH.

Well said. My problem is where do we go from here - as in 5 years from now? We are a family of 4 so a sedan is a must and nothing moves the needle for me like a bmw sedan - so its m5 or m8....
Yep I'll be facing the same dilemma. I've got two car seats in the back today but 5 years from now there will be two tiny adults. I'll likely stick with a sedan myself, just don't like driving an SUV full time.

Hopefully there are some other compelling options outside BMW.

I really wouldn't mind considering a Taycan someday if they can improve their efficiency and range in the next 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 03:06 PM   #74
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=Kr0m3assass1n;26257574]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well put, brother.
Quote:
Quote:

SO. MUCH. TRUTH.

Yep I'll be facing the same dilemma. I've got two car seats in the back today but 5 years from now there will be two tiny adults. I'll likely stick with a sedan myself, just don't like driving an SUV full time.

I really wouldn't mind considering a Taycan someday if they can improve their efficiency and range in the next 2 years.
Another good one. Forgot about that - always funny to me when 2 kids under 7 get out of the M - looks out of place
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #75
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
[QUOTE=mikerx5;26257112]
Quote:

Audi RS6 or RS7 - if you can deal with the touch screen only layout?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 04:44 PM   #76
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=MelbourneFinn;26259070]
Quote:
Quote:

Almost went that route... just couldn't get into the look. Felt like too many addons with the body kit etc... interior was nice however -
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 12:34 AM   #77
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post

I saw one the other day, I actually thought it was the previous gen when I first walked past in from the front 3 quarter to the side as it looked very similar to the previous one but the rear bumper/diffuser area is SO ugly it would completely ruin the car for me.

Plus they always drive like rubbish, I'm not sure if you've spent much time in them driving hard but the torque steer in the previous generation was outright scary.
      06-03-2020, 02:39 AM   #78
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
No, haven’t spent time driving them hard, so can’t comment from that perspective. We don’t have them here in AU yet, but from pictures I kind of like especially the Avant (RS6)... And comparing RS7 with M8 GC is almost like comparing a super model with an ugly duckling - can’t understand why BMW completely ruined the GC design instead of continuing with M6 GC lines (that arguably is one of if not the most beautiful 4-door car)...
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2020, 03:37 PM   #79
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

After spending some time behind the wheel of the M8 I figured out what BMW was trying to do. They needed a car to compete with the S63 coupe, though the M8 still inst a contender with S63 luxury and comfort wise.

The M8 is a M6 in its late 20's lol.. Its growing up and learning to take on multiple tasks. To say it is not a "M" car i'd have to disagree, I have my M1 button set up to rear wheel drive everything sport plus and traction completely off. The car is still completely stock and I enjoy driving it, the M6 does give you a smaller/compact feel to it where the M8 feels big and floats when at highway speeds.

The M8 is very fast and a bit too smooth even with everything in sport plus, I have downpipes and a DME Tune I plan on adding to the car soon and feel like this will give it a better/sportier driving experience overall.

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #80
itzjoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Not sure what BMW is doing these days...all their models just seem like rip offs of other cars and very lackluster in aesthetics. The M8 is nice, but imo it looks boring and doesn't compare to its competitors (RS7, S63 AMG).
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:50 PM   #81
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

[QUOTE=mikerx5;26257112]
Quote:

[QUOTE=Kr0m3assass1n;26257574]
Quote:

I have two kids now. Trust me when I say this, your kids, kids equipment, and carseats are going to beat the crap out of your car. I would never consider using a $100k interior for daily family transportation.

I highly recommend buying a run of the mill X3, X5 or X7. With 1 kid X3 should be fine. Two kids, go with X5 or X7. I also recommend looking for the +2 configuration on the X5. the third row seats will come in handy in a pinch. The wide interior of the X5 and X7 will allowed a side-by-side car seat configuration, allowing your wife to sit with both kids in the bench. The X3 likely will not allow this. X7 is even better, as one kid or an adult can sit in the full time third row. I'm actually considering an X7 40i or a Volvo XC90 because I need something even bigger than my E70 X5.

The reason an suv is so critical is the trunk space. You're going to find out you're pretty much going to have your stroller in the trunk 100% of the time. For mid size sedan that would take up 60% of the space. The egress is also easier. You're not lifting kids out of a car with a SUV, you're more pulling the kids out, as the seat bottoms are at 4 feet off the ground.
      06-07-2020, 07:27 AM   #82
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=Flying Ace;26277992][QUOTE=mikerx5;26257112]
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I have two kids now. Trust me when I say this, your kids, kids equipment, and carseats are going to beat the crap out of your car. I would never consider using a $100k interior for daily family transportation.

I highly recommend buying a run of the mill X3, X5 or X7. With 1 kid X3 should be fine. Two kids, go with X5 or X7. I also recommend looking for the +2 configuration on the X5. the third row seats will come in handy in a pinch. The wide interior of the X5 and X7 will allowed a side-by-side car seat configuration, allowing your wife to sit with both kids in the bench. The X3 likely will not allow this. X7 is even better, as one kid or an adult can sit in the full time third row. I'm actually considering an X7 40i or a Volvo XC90 because I need something even bigger than my E70 X5.

The reason an suv is so critical is the trunk space. You're going to find out you're pretty much going to have your stroller in the trunk 100% of the time. For mid size sedan that would take up 60% of the space. The egress is also easier. You're not lifting kids out of a car with a SUV, you're more pulling the kids out, as the seat bottoms are at 4 feet off the ground.
Already have an x6 which is my wifes. Need something for ME
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #83
936F06
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Waiting for them 40k prices on the m8 GC
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00
      06-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #84
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 936F06 View Post
Waiting for them 40k prices on the m8 GC

Give it 24/36mts
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 01:53 PM   #85
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

While my car has been at BMW they were kind enough to loan me a 840 GC M Sport. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the dynamics of how the car performed for being 'entry level' in the 8 series range.

While I don't think the styling is quite as good as the 6 GC, it still is a distinguished and special looking car I think. I'm not a huge fan of the wider set headlights at the front and the wide 1-piece grille, but I may be one of the few that does like the back of the car. It is eye-catching and aggressive looking, and it is distinctively different than anything else you might see on the road.

This all being said, I can't wait to be back in my M
      06-09-2020, 02:00 PM   #86
mikerx5
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
While my car has been at BMW they were kind enough to loan me a 840 GC M Sport. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the dynamics of how the car performed for being 'entry level' in the 8 series range.

While I don't think the styling is quite as good as the 6 GC, it still is a distinguished and special looking car I think. I'm not a huge fan of the wider set headlights at the front and the wide 1-piece grille, but I may be one of the few that does like the back of the car. It is eye-catching and aggressive looking, and it is distinctively different than anything else you might see on the road.

I need to ask for one, all i get is x1s and x3s!
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2020, 12:23 AM   #87
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

Quote:

Sounds not too bad, although I still can't ever come to terms of with the rear end of the 8 GC. Now you should've convinced them to get you an 850 Coupe or GC and that might've been more fun!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 06:10 AM   #88
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:

Aw man! I've had a 230i for 2 weeks
Appreciate 0