BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-26-2024, 03:20 PM   #23
LA640WS
Private
Rep
Drives: Vert 640, Merc SL63 R232

CIC general install note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Does anyone know if one of these units will work with a 2013 F13 CIC system? I bought a unit from a member here about 5 years ago and could never get it to work right. Every time I went to the Android side, it triggered an Adaptive Headlamp error (I have LED lamps on an M6) and the car would 'blonnnngg....' at me until I parked, stopped the car for 20-30 minutes and restarted. Made the damed hung useless. And support from the vendor was pretty much nonexistent.
I installed one on a neighbors f12 CIC and the issue is the idrive controller wont function with the android unit, but it still manages to work with the factory interface. The sound coming out of the unit itself must plugged into the AUX jack in the arm rest, but that's a matter of running it down and under the center arm console, and eventually into the armrest gates.

The other issue is general illumination dimming for the unit is not controllable via the knob on the bezel, and that's because of a specific connection port required to do so. The factory CIC screen has that port available(cable is brown in color), but the Aftermarket units do not.

Outside of that, a major upgrade from the factory display. You'll get a bit of glare if were talking a vert, but crisp in color.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 06:16 AM   #24
rorz12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA640WS View Post
I installed one on a neighbors f12 CIC and the issue is the idrive controller wont function with the android unit, but it still manages to work with the factory interface. The sound coming out of the unit itself must plugged into the AUX jack in the arm rest, but that's a matter of running it down and under the center arm console, and eventually into the armrest gates.

The other issue is general illumination dimming for the unit is not controllable via the knob on the bezel, and that's because of a specific connection port required to do so. The factory CIC screen has that port available(cable is brown in color), but the Aftermarket units do not.

Outside of that, a major upgrade from the factory display. You'll get a bit of glare if were talking a vert, but crisp in color.
The auto dimming works fine on mine. If I set the headlights to Auto on the lights controller then the screen dims depending if it's day or night and the ambient light. If headlights are set to 0 or off, then the screen gets bright. You also set the general brightness of the screen from the slider on the android notification panel.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 02:20 PM   #25
Kolianovskyi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

I have decided to go with an android display for 6er.

12.3''. One of the most recent models , both hardware and software.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 02:29 PM   #26
swissfraser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolianovskyi View Post
I have decided to go with an android display for 6er.

12.3''. One of the most recent models , both hardware and software.
Can you share a link to where you ordered from please!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:55 AM   #27
Kolianovskyi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfraser View Post
Can you share a link to where you ordered from please!
I ordered from a private retailer in Russia, who in turn gets them from the factory at wholesale price.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 07:59 PM   #28
zz6938
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

thinking about buying a 12.3 but no clue on which one, any input / reviews from experienced users is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0