BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-19-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
MPNeverDie
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Need Help on Error Code E12C1C

Good afternoon guys!

This is my first thread in this forums. I bought a 13 M6 about 4 years ago, and it does not have any single problems.

However, yesterday, she gave me a check engine light when I started the car in a market parking lots. Before that, I went to refill the gas and have about 20 miles high way driving in sports + mode.

My car is about 45k miles, and just got the intermediate oi change, alignment, cooling system cleaning, differential service and something called "Preforming Ethanol Corrosion Inhibitor" 1.3k miles ago. I usually do oil change about 7.5k, spark plug changed 25k mile and about 4 years ago. I was surprised that the car throw me the CEL because she did not have any engine related issue before, and even the oil consumption is quiet low like 1 letter/2.5k miles.

When to CEL was on, I checked the idrive, there was no warning (all system OK), and the car drives like normal. I tried to look the error code through the hidden manual.

The error code is: E12C1C 006536 264182525

Does anyone familiar with this code? I couldn't find many explanation about this code on the internet and cannot come up with anything could be wrong. I tried to check the gas cap and such things, the solid CEL just constantly on.

Any comments would be help. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0