BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-24-2022, 06:45 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Mishimoto Intercooler development

They also have a new oil cooler which I just ordered.

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineerin...-design-plans/

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineerin...2-prototyping/
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3

Last edited by TinCanSailor; 04-24-2022 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 3
Flo1989342.00
M6Roar85.50
HeyKC101.50
      04-24-2022, 11:02 PM   #2
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Wow - great find! Specifically on the oil cooler as I already have upgraded inter/charge coolers. And just when I thought I was wrapping up performance mods - silly me. I never heard of this company but their write-ups and R&D seem to be promising. I’d be extremely curious to oil temp differences on the stock oil cooler vs theirs. I did not catch that in either of the 2 phase developments they wrote up. I also wonder if I could get away with installing this without removing my front lip as that requires taking off the bumper (more labor cost & extra risk that would steer me away altogether).

Nonetheless, I look forward to your feedback on this piece as I know you will be very detailed and answer a lot of questions myself and others may have. Maybe they’ll entertain a group buy if this is a untapped market for them? Just a thought.

Thanks again for sharing.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2022, 11:33 PM   #3
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

Very interesting. More stuff for me to spend money on!! I certainly didn't expect someone, let alone Mishimoto, to jump into the S63 fray with a new under-the-hood component at this point. I'll be curious to see if there is anything different about their cooler over the other options currently available. I always planned to upgrade them, but have yet to pull the trigger.

What's funny is that my M6 hasn't left the garage in about a year (it has been sadly neglected and has a thick layer of dust on it), but in that time I keep buying little stuff here and there. All a part of my journey to replace standard components with more robust ones.

Who did you buy the oil cooler from? I see it on other reseller sites, but not directly on the Mishimoto site.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2022, 05:54 AM   #4
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Wow - great find! Specifically on the oil cooler as I already have upgraded inter/charge coolers. And just when I thought I was wrapping up performance mods - silly me. I never heard of this company but their write-ups and R&D seem to be promising. I'd be extremely curious to oil temp differences on the stock oil cooler vs theirs. I did not catch that in either of the 2 phase developments they wrote up. I also wonder if I could get away with installing this without removing my front lip as that requires taking off the bumper (more labor cost & extra risk that would steer me away altogether).

Nonetheless, I look forward to your feedback on this piece as I know you will be very detailed and answer a lot of questions myself and others may have. Maybe they'll entertain a group buy if this is a untapped market for them? Just a thought.

Thanks again for sharing.
We have used Mishimoto on a daily driver diesel project vehicle and an 89 Bronco Project that we sold a few years ago. These folks are very involved in amateur and professional builds as well as racing.

Their warranty is outstanding and I am extremely pleased with the quality of the products we have bought.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 05:59 AM   #5
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
Very interesting. More stuff for me to spend money on!! I certainly didn't expect someone, let alone Mishimoto, to jump into the S63 fray with a new under-the-hood component at this point. I'll be curious to see if there is anything different about their cooler over the other options currently available. I always planned to upgrade them, but have yet to pull the trigger.

What's funny is that my M6 hasn't left the garage in about a year (it has been sadly neglected and has a thick layer of dust on it), but in that time I keep buying little stuff here and there. All a part of my journey to replace standard components with more robust ones.

Who did you buy the oil cooler from? I see it on other reseller sites, but not directly on the Mishimoto site.
I found it on the Mishimoto site but they don't advertise it directly through the year/make/model selection wizard.

Like you I am very surprised that they got into this platform this late in the game but happy to see them and hope that they stop by here or the F10 M5 forum.

We had some points that we accumulated from the Mishimoto website so I was happy to see that they had listed it for sale from their e-commerce site.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 03:54 PM   #6
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Thanks for sharing,The intercoolers look nice but I dont see Methanol injection bungs on the intercoolers
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #7
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Thanks for sharing,The intercoolers look nice but I dont see Methanol injection bungs on the intercoolers
I have tried reaching out to them but the folks monitoring IG have not been very forthcoming with info. I have also reached out to their support email but no reply as of this morning.
Appreciate 0