BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #287
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Seems like a massive ripoff to me. Pass.
Will be neat for first few months when they are uncommon. Eventually they will be dime a dozen and everyone will realize the quality isn't so good.
Appreciate 2
Mosaud19983891.00
unluky7465.00
      07-04-2021, 07:26 PM   #288
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
Did you order a Wildtrack or BadLands?
No i havent bought one... i built one one and it seemed far too expensive for what it is.
      07-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #289
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
The Ford Dealership I work for just got their first Bronco Friday Morning.
That looks awesome in red! Much cooler and better looking than the Wrangler in my opinion.
Mosaud19983891.00
      07-05-2021, 10:28 PM   #290
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
That looks awesome in red! Much cooler and better looking than the Wrangler in my opinion.
Agreed. Wrangler sales are going to take a beating if Ford can build enough of these. It will be interesting to see if Wrangler resale remains as strong as it's been recently.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
jmack548.50
      07-06-2021, 12:40 PM   #291
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Will be neat for first few months when they are uncommon. Eventually they will be dime a dozen and everyone will realize the quality isn't so good.
Wranglers are junk and that never seems to deter sales from the market segment that purchases these vehicles. I would stay clear of any new model Ford but after a few years I imagine the reliability of this would be no worse than Jeep's and possibly even better. I do agree that these could get played out once the market saturates but that's years away.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 12:54 PM   #292
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

I want a two door, base model in the worst way. By the sounds of it, that decision had to be made months if not more than a year ago. Wont be able to just show up and buy one of these on the lot for a while apparently. For domestics, I would consider myself a GM product fan overall but when it comes to the remake of the Bronco vs. the Blazer...

Ford absolutely embarrassed Chevrolet by staying true to their roots with a genuine modern take on the original tough truck whereas Chevy slaps the Blazer name on a midsize crossover. A far cry from the K5 Blazer from days gone by.
I would go base too. All black base with Sasquatch and 2.7L. A lot of offroad capability for $40k. But aren't allocations spoken for like 2 years. Only thing that is kinda a putt off, is the 17mpg with the Sasquatch. But what do you expect with 35in tires.

The cool thing Ford is doing, if you want the Sasquatch package it is available on all trim levels. Jeep makes customers pay up for the Rubicon to get 35in tires, lockers, etc.

Last edited by hellrotm; 07-06-2021 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
sspade2460.00
      07-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #293
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
The Ford Dealership I work for just got their first Bronco Friday Morning. The one we got is a big bend with the sasquatch package, LED Headlights, Ford performance heavy-duty modular, and cargo area protector. It's Race Red on Medium Sandstone with Black Onyx cloth seats.

Man that thing is nice. $48k sticker doesn't seem too bad. Obviously, whoever ends up buying it or any Bronco, is going to be paying over sticker. We're probably going to add a bunch of accessories and whatnot to it before we sell it.

We can't sell it until it doesn't have 6k miles on it per Ford. So, as of right now, it's going to be a service loaner and a car each salesman can take home.
I'm sure it is one of the dealership's Mannequin units, which is not for sale until 8 months or so. Ford has built mannequins for each dealership, which can get up to 4 units total depending on the dealership sales volume. If a dealership sells 20% or more of their allocation to non-order buyers, there is a penality for doing so that prevents the dealership from getting its next fiscal quarter build allotment.

Ford recently set an email to order holders that stated due to commodity availability, it will be manufacturing non-customer-orders, but Ford has not yet clarified how that affects dealer stock units. Ford originally stated it was fulfilling all customer orders (up to March 19th) before dealership stock units would be built.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983891.00
      07-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #294
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Based on...?

Initial reports from real owners indicate the Bronco is a high quality product.

* Most BMW owners are scared shitless to own a Bimmer past the warranty period. So inferring Ford makes a poor quality product seems a bit unsubstantiated coming from a BMW owner.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #295
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

The wildtrak in white with sasquatch and hard top looks pretty sweet
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #296
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Lol. Based on...?

* Most BMW owners are scared shitless to own a Bimmer past the warranty period. So inferring Ford makes a poor quality product seems a bit unsubstantiated coming from a BMW owner.
Anecdotal but I've owned several Fords and my 2012 Mustang GT was by far the biggest lemon in my 30 year history of driving cars. My other Fords have been only average at best as Ford always cuts corners and assembly of their vehicles is always pretty substandard. No doubt you could own a Ford that is problem free as cars in general today are more reliable than they used to be but from my experience I would rather not purchase a new model Ford in its initial years. I'm not scared in the least to own my X3M past the warranty as my last two BMW's haven't had a single issue from new.

I feel once Ford irons out the wrinkles these vehicles should be more reliable than Wranglers but time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #297
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Anecdotal but I've owned several Fords and my 2012 Mustang GT was by far the biggest lemon in my 30 year history of driving cars. My other Fords have been only average at best as Ford always cuts corners and assembly of their vehicles is always pretty substandard. No doubt you could own a Ford that is problem free as cars in general today are more reliable than they used to be but from my experience I would rather not purchase a new model Ford in its initial years. I'm not scared in the least to own my X3M past the warranty as my last two BMW's haven't had a single issue from new.

I feel once Ford irons out the wrinkles these vehicles should be more reliable than Wranglers but time will tell.
Last new Ford I owned was a 1999 F150. Not the best Ford I've owned but it was Jac Nasser era vehicle, which the quality was cut in lieu of profit. He had to pay for the Primere Auto Group somehow.

Anyway, my brother has owned several trouble free Fords over the past 20 years. Surveys put Ford in the industry average quality range, usually ranking a few spots ahead of BMW.

Were your BMWs first-year models? My E90 is a first-year model and has been a great car. IMO, in the modern manufacturing age, the whole first-year crap is... just that, crap.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #298
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Can’t wait to see how ballsy the dealership are going to be with the markups of any Bronco that manages to reach the lot.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 05:02 PM   #299
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

So, if you were looking for one as more or less a DD (with the occasional MTB trip), WITH MT(nom-negotiable), what would you go with?
      07-06-2021, 06:01 PM   #300
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Lol. Based on...?

Based on my experience with Ford products. My new Raptor had had endless problems. Garbage exterior paint, interior trim looks like it was painted with rattle can and chips easily, cam phaser engine issue, door handle falling off, interior trim panels coming loose. I am convinced the issue is luxury vehicle owners expect more and complain more hence quality reports. But our german autos and even Range Rover have been better. Go sit in a 100k f-250 and tell me the quality is good. Endless plastic trim, poor fit and finish, etc. Dont even start about dealership quality! How is that for substantiated?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 08:51 PM   #301
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Based on my experience with Ford products. My new Raptor had had endless problems. Garbage exterior paint, interior trim looks like it was painted with rattle can and chips easily, cam phaser engine issue, door handle falling off, interior trim panels coming loose. I am convinced the issue is luxury vehicle owners expect more and complain more hence quality reports. But our german autos and even Range Rover have been better. Go sit in a 100k f-250 and tell me the quality is good. Endless plastic trim, poor fit and finish, etc. Dont even start about dealership quality! How is that for substantiated?
LOL, then why did you buy a Raptor in the first place?

An F250 is a work truck regardless of price. I have a friend who traded in a Range Rover for a Chevy Suburban because the Rover was in the shop so often.

The N52 had cam phaser issues too, but it sounds cool... VANOS.

I had a BMW dealership tell me my 23,000-mile E86 needed $1,200 of new rear suspension parts because it wasn't possible to align the rear end; they were fishing for a CarMax warranty they thought I had.

I can go on if you'd like...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 08:53 PM   #302
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
So, if you were looking for one as more or less a DD (with the occasional MTB trip), WITH MT(nom-negotiable), what would you go with?
Black Diamond. My 2-door is $38K
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 09:00 PM   #303
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The Ford Dealership I work for just got their first Bronco Friday Morning. The one we got is a big bend with the sasquatch package, LED Headlights, Ford performance heavy-duty modular, and cargo area protector. It's Race Red on Medium Sandstone with Black Onyx cloth seats.

Man that thing is nice. $48k sticker doesn't seem too bad. Obviously, whoever ends up buying it or any Bronco, is going to be paying over sticker. We're probably going to add a bunch of accessories and whatnot to it before we sell it.

We can't sell it until it doesn't have 6k miles on it per Ford. So, as of right now, it's going to be a service loaner and a car each salesman can take home.
Give us a drive report when you get a chance. And I gotta ask was it Starsky or Hutch who brought the Torino in for service?
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983891.00
      07-06-2021, 09:37 PM   #304
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
LOL, then why did you buy a Raptor in the first place?

An F250 is a work truck regardless of price. I have a friend who traded in a Range Rover for a Chevy Suburban because the Rover was in the shop so often.

The N52 had cam phaser issues too, but it sounds cool... VANOS.

I had a BMW dealership tell me my 23,000-mile E86 needed $1,200 of new rear suspension parts because it wasn't possible to align the rear end; they were fishing for a CarMax warranty they thought I had.

I can go on if you'd like...
I bought it because I needed a beater. Something I could track dirt in from kids or take to beach. But 99% its just a commuter. Obviously I didn't know how poor it would hold up.

A Rover for a suburban? Yeah, different worlds. Four Seasons vs Holiday inn. No thanks. For record, we have had 0 issues with our Rovers. But buy a warranty and get a nice loaner vs Ford in shop for a month and no loaner though we didn't need one.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 09:58 PM   #305
Mosaud1998
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
Quote:
Give us a drive report when you get a chance. And I gotta ask was it Starsky or Hutch who brought the Torino in for service?
That's the Owners car. He's selling it for $70k I think
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      07-07-2021, 03:04 AM   #306
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I bought it because I needed a beater. Something I could track dirt in from kids or take to beach. But 99% its just a commuter. Obviously I didn't know how poor it would hold up.

A Rover for a suburban? Yeah, different worlds. Four Seasons vs Holiday inn. No thanks. For record, we have had 0 issues with our Rovers. But buy a warranty and get a nice loaner vs Ford in shop for a month and no loaner though we didn't need one.
Lol, Land Rovers have such a bad reputation, Ford even dumped the effing thing to Tata Motors.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-07-2021 at 05:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983891.00
      07-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #307
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol, Land Rovers have such a bad reputation, Ford even dumped the effing thing to Tata Motors.
Yeah, everyone knows that. Thanks but whats your point? Ford couldn't make JLR profitable but Tata could. I have no concern for the supposed "reputation" of Rover. I go by my experiences and those around me not what JD power and the media want me to believe.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 02:11 PM   #308
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, everyone knows that. Thanks but whats your point? Ford couldn't make JLR profitable but Tata could. I have no concern for the supposed "reputation" of Rover. I go by my experiences and those around me not what JD power and the media want me to believe.
Or the million-per-year of F-series sales. Ford must make a shit product based on such sales numbers; it's all a ruse...

My point is Rovers have a reputation for poor reliability.
Appreciate 0