BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #1
Rogue75
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma

PPI in West Houston

Interested in a CPO vehicle in West Houston. I will be purchasing from out of state and will not be able to physically view the vehicle.

Its a certified vehicle, is it still recommended to get a ppi done? If so, what shops are recommended for the ppi?

TIA

Last edited by Rogue75; 02-09-2019 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 05:37 AM   #2
mgattmch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 650iX GC

Try Lewis Allen at:

http://www.munichmotorwerke.com

Not sure if he does PPIs. However, when I lived in Houston Lewis serviced all my BMWs; he is an outstanding, competitive and honest independent BMW mechanic.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

I almost always ending up buying cars far from where I live, but I still have never bought one sight unseen. I have never had a PPI done, and would not on a CPO car. It's not the mechanical stuff I care about, but the cosmetic stuff. If I got a car delivered from far away I'd be way more disappointed to discover that somebody put a nick in the leather dash or that the NAV screen was scratched than I would be to discover it needed new injectors or a control arm. If I was going to hire somebody to look at a car I could not see, I'd hire some super-fastidious car guy to look at it cosmetically.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 11:52 PM   #4
dclin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: FD3S

A little less important to have it inspected if a CPO - BMW has a set of guidelines which determines if they will sell it as a CPO (and add the extra 1 year warranty past the original). If you are buying one from an independent dealer (or obviously an individual), there is no question I would do one.

Having said that, unless it's a car you plan on modifying etc, I would do so anyways. Doesn't mean whomever that inspected the car for BMW caught everything. Worth it for the little money that it costs. I did so more for cosmetics more than anything else, for my previous 650 GC. I flew to Las Vegas to see the M6 GC in person.
Appreciate 0