BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #45
Francoandlinda
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Did anyone ever look or use project gammer intakes? There the same exact style as MSR intakes but there fully made of silicone piping they come in different colors and there much cheaper , check them out on Instagram

I’ve been back and forth with this guy. Bang for buck, it’s one of the best systems. MSR set up, with a waaaaaaay cheaper price tag. The new kits are selling for $600!!!

Problem I’m having is these systems interfere with the night vision system. Won’t give me clearance. Stupid system... who the hell uses it. I want to remove it, or tie it somewhere. Wonder if I have room inside.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #46
mberbic
IG: @M6erbic
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimm2.0 View Post
Did you change your gaskets also? I heard you should swap out the spark plugs as well for new ones..
Did not change Gaskets and have not heard about changing the plugs unless you did a tune... I replaced mine anyway as the car was at ~25k and it was on the original plugs/coils since 2013. Thinking back now, i should have gapped them down
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #47
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoandlinda View Post
I’ve been back and forth with this guy. Bang for buck, it’s one of the best systems. MSR set up, with a waaaaaaay cheaper price tag. The new kits are selling for $600!!!

Problem I’m having is these systems interfere with the night vision system. Won’t give me clearance. Stupid system... who the hell uses it. I want to remove it, or tie it somewhere. Wonder if I have room inside.
Did you contact project gamma on instagram? I’m sure they have a work around for cars with night vision , I really like that setup too, that silicone pipe they use won’t get heat soak because of that material, there a vid on YouTube with install vid on a F10 M5 they sound awesome and the guy loves them , the one thing I would recommend with these kind of systems that are located through the front kidney grills is a water repellent sock that fits over filter , I had this same kind of sock over my jet ski air intake to prevent splashes of water getting sucked in.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 07:06 PM   #48
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Quote:
I've been back and forth with this guy. Bang for buck, it's one of the best systems. MSR set up, with a waaaaaaay cheaper price tag. The new kits are selling for $600!!!

Problem I'm having is these systems interfere with the night vision system. Won't give me clearance. Stupid system... who the hell uses it. I want to remove it, or tie it somewhere. Wonder if I have room inside.
Did you contact project gamma on instagram? I'm sure they have a work around for cars with night vision , I really like that setup too, that silicone pipe they use won't get heat soak because of that material, there a vid on YouTube with install vid on a F10 M5 they sound awesome and the guy loves them , the one thing I would recommend with these kind of systems that are located through the front kidney grills is a water repellent sock that fits over filter , I had this same kind of sock over my jet ski air intake to prevent splashes of water getting sucked in.
I looked them up I can't find it anywhere. I'm going to give it another shot

Edit. I did find them. There seems to be only 1 video of them for 18 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 09:03 PM   #49
Francoandlinda
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetZF82 View Post

DM him and he will respond quickly
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 09:06 PM   #50
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetZF82 View Post

DM him and he will respond quickly
He did. Has anyone installed these intakes from project gamma? I'm curious to know what the fitment and quality is like.

It sounds amazing but I don't know much about the product.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 11:16 AM   #51
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Here is a guy that installed them
Appreciate 0