BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-31-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
tow hook and underpanel tray

hey guys, 2 diferent questions; as I was getting my car aligned after near tires, the tech saw that the front under tray, from the front splitter, the part that covers the lower part of engine, nearly half of it is ripped off. Any suggestions on where to order this specific part(s)?

Second question, is there a tow hook area on this car, or do you have to custom fab something?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
Iluvspl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6

try realoem.com
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 11:06 PM   #3
Rosho808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
hey guys, 2 diferent questions; as I was getting my car aligned after near tires, the tech saw that the front under tray, from the front splitter, the part that covers the lower part of engine, nearly half of it is ripped off. Any suggestions on where to order this specific part(s)?

Second question, is there a tow hook area on this car, or do you have to custom fab something?
I would try junk yard or ebay there are quite a few people selling M6 parts I would assume someone has an undertray sitting around.

As for the tow hook location there is one behind the front bumper under a circle cover. The actual two hook should be in the trunk with the tire changing stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 12:01 AM   #4
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
sweet, thanks for the info, had no idea tire changing stuff came w tow hook! PS whats a site for looking up parts for salvage cars?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Rosho808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
sweet, thanks for the info, had no idea tire changing stuff came w tow hook! PS whats a site for looking up parts for salvage cars?
I would go on ebay a search used m6 and then reach out to the dismantlers that are selling parts and let them know what you need
Appreciate 0